Alice Liveing #2 Brand new teeth, brand new app, shame she’s filtered and full of crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This Paddy speculation seems a bit of a reach to me. They've just moved into a new flat (breaking their lease early I think) and she's clearly stated they've moved together. That doesn't strike me as something you'd do if you were on the rocks. And tbh I think it's healthy to have separate lives and interests. Not ideal if she had to do the move alone, but that's something I'd be willing to do if a move clashed with an important trip to my partner, particularly after the 18 months we've all had!

But I agree she has lost her way. She seems to really be struggling with her mental health and that's hard to watch - she's so visibly up and down on her stories. And I agree there is a lot of discussion about quite minor ailments (maybe she's looking for an excuse to justify to herself why she's feeling rubbish?). She also seemed to have quite a lot of friends a couple of years ago, but has recently mentioned only having two close friends and how hard it is to make friends as an adult, so I wonder what's happened there.

I think she needs a bit more help than she's getting and stepping away from Instagram might be no bad thing. Alice openly admits she's really sensitive, so choosing a career where she's so open to criticism just seems like a recipe for disaster. And I know from experience how hard it is to recover from an eating disorder; I'm not sure I could have done it if my job was a fitness influencer. Can you find body freedom if you're still constantly taking photos of and talking publicly about what your body looks like (even if it's now presented as openness/body positivity)? Plus the constant treatments to correct perceived flaws suggest some unresolved issues.

I wonder if the focus on fashion is linked, as I agree about how she seems to have become more materialistic. I clicked on her Depop the other day - she's sold over 600 items and I was shocked by the amount of clothes on there that are relatively new. E.g. there was that Olivia Rubin rainbow dress that she raved about buying at the end of last summer. Quite aside from the waste of money (it's over £300 and she was selling it for £80 - guess that's her business) and I actually also just found it a bit gross/sad that these expensive clothes brought her happiness for such a short period of time before moving on to something newer and shinier. Like oh got my photo in that now it can go. I wonder if she has a slight problem with liking the 'high' of shopping; she's mentioned a couple of times the number of packages she gets.

Reactions: 6
Yes there’s definitely a bit of one foot!

I think that underneath all of these desperate attempts to fix herself Alice has probably realised a lot of her “friends” are vacuous show offs. To be immersed in the world of Instagram all the time must be exhausting especially if you’re emotionally fragile. But then you must have a constant fear of not being relevant or losing followers etc. It’s Catch 22. I agree that when she was a PT and working with clients she seemed happier. I actually followed her as I liked her as an individual and her work ethic. Somethings shifted in her and her presence on social media. I actually hope that she can get her mojo back but I think step one of that is to stop the over sharing.

I wonder if the focus on fashion is linked, as I agree about how she seems to have become more materialistic. I clicked on her Depop the other day - she's sold over 600 items and I was shocked by the amount of clothes on there that are relatively new. E.g. there was that Olivia Rubin rainbow dress that she raved about buying at the end of last summer. Quite aside from the waste of money (it's over £300 and she was selling it for £80 - guess that's her business) and I actually also just found it a bit gross/sad that these expensive clothes brought her happiness for such a short period of time before moving on to something newer and shinier. Like oh got my photo in that now it can go. I wonder if she has a slight problem with liking the 'high' of shopping; she's mentioned a couple of times the number of packages she gets.
Nail on head with the fashion/packages. Everything is in the moment - if I buy that dress, I’ll be happy. She’s constantly striving for something external to bring her happiness. It genuinely is the little things in life.

Reactions: 2
Place your bets! What’s the first announcement going to be?!!! 🤔
Bet it’s something I wouldn’t bat an eyelid about. Why do people do this?

Self loathing. Just announce whatever crap you’re announcing…when you need to announce it.

Reactions: 5
Place your bets! What’s the first announcement going to be?!!! 🤔
Probably another over hyped collab and she is being told exactly when to announce it. She did this a few years ago when she did a collaboration with Flahavens porridge and the happy egg company. Absolute cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Probably another over hyped collab and she is being told exactly when to announce it. She did this a few years ago when she did a collaboration with Flahavens porridge and the happy egg company. Absolute cringe.
I agree. And seeing as she’s now got a car to park as she keeps telling us - I’m going with something electric. Mercedes or Nissan or something. Cringe shots of her in the driving seat and gushing about how it’s the future of the planet whilst she buys loads of stuff she doesn’t need.
Or maybe Paddy actually is in the Masters next year? A hole in one?!

• Haha
If you look at the announcements pictures,one appears to be an app thing (based on background) and one is clothing? You can see jeans in the shot.
2F88F501-C821-4E86-9D44-1D64AC739DC3.jpeg
C2923BFA-E556-4779-A827-ABC8C5E53D74.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Maybe it’s her own brand of kettlebells or similar and a partnership with Pretty Little Whatnot company? I’d love to see Alice in some clothes that suit her. Something that isn’t like a floral floooofy duvet cover that swamps her.
If I’ve guessed what do I win?!! 🤔🤣😳

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm guessing the first one is a competition. To win membership to her app and some workout kit.

Oh Alice, are you so posh the hairdresser comes to you rather than you having to deal with the great unwashed at the salon. Or is it a freebie in exchange for the posts???

I’m going to bet it’s a free trial to her app. She’s been begging people to leave 5* reviews to increase her reach. She’s obviously not pulling enough people in.

Reactions: 4
The first one is something to do with food plans on the app- “someone” (probably herself) asked on her questions box the other day if there were any plans for food content and she said something like “oooh yes definitely, in DAYS in fact!”

Reactions: 3
If it’s your date night why do you have to share it with Instagram??? Just enjoy it!!! This is her problem. Nothing is private, the showing off is constant and it’s zero to do with fitness. I’m also confused why she’s got a bowl of sausages next to the oysters. but maybe I’m a peasant.

I quite like the trouser suit. Better than flooofy dresses. But the bag is ostentatious look at me. I hate designer stuff with the name all over it

Attachments

Reactions: 10
As she is going out to celebrate, at least one of the announcements must be to do with some achievement?

Maybe one of them is a new podcast

If it’s your date night why do you have to share it with Instagram??? Just enjoy it!!! This is her problem. Nothing is private, the showing off is constant and it’s zero to do with fitness. I’m also confused why she’s got a bowl of sausages next to the oysters. but maybe I’m a peasant.

I quite like the trouser suit. Better than flooofy dresses. But the bag is ostentatious look at me. I hate designer stuff with the name all over it
I’m sorry but what is going on with her knees 😂😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Genuine question - is that suit meant to be so big or does it not fit her?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.