Alice Liveing #2 Brand new teeth, brand new app, shame she’s filtered and full of crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love to know what market research went into her app, ie how many people she thought she’d get signed up. I honestly just don’t think she is going to sustain numbers for 2, 3, 4, 5+ years, especially with how much of a burden she is clearly finding the app and filming already.

It’s such a fickle industry and she will be old news very soon - if she isn’t already. Her engagement rates are terrible. There’s a reason for that.

As for the Michelle Obama quote - clearly she’s been reading here again. Apparently nobody is allowed an opinion unless they blow smoke up her ass.

Reactions: 5
I’d love to know what market research went into her app, ie how many people she thought she’d get signed up. I honestly just don’t think she is going to sustain numbers for 2, 3, 4, 5+ years, especially with how much of a burden she is clearly finding the app and filming already.

It’s such a fickle industry and she will be old news very soon - if she isn’t already. Her engagement rates are terrible. There’s a reason for that.

As for the Michelle Obama quote - clearly she’s been reading here again. Apparently nobody is allowed an opinion unless they blow smoke up her ass.
I agree - and I really don’t think Michelle Obama was referring to Tattle. I’m genuinely shocked at that cover image. It isn’t anything like her. Of course all the fans are cooing how gorgeous she looks. But it’s fake. Sorry but I don’t want to be trained by someone who preaches acceptance of your body one minute then has a cover shoot released that actually isn’t genuine.

Just to confirm this whole random marketing we then had a sponsored “eat almonds to keep your heart healthy” post released in the middle of it all. 🤷‍♀️🙄

Now the videos won’t load as her BT connection is rubbish! Not good enough for a professional app. Get someone else to upload them (nope that’ll cost money!) or make sure they’re uploaded and just need to be made viewable at the target time? And if your BT really is unreliable - you live in London, get yourself a mobile broadband set up for the interim and use that!!! 🤦‍♀️ Oh god the stress and drama. 😳

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Looking on Google/Android, she only has 1k+ downloads, which doesn't seem like very much at all. Also, a download doesn't equate to an ongoing long term subscription - how many of those are going to be folk just giving it a go for a couple of weeks then cancelling. I think it just comes down to timing - so many people signed up to fitness apps last year, and if they're happy, why are they going to switch, especially to a more expensive app?

Also, imo Give Me Strength is not a good name. I get she's trying to build a brand (and it kind of works as a podcast name), but it has such negative connotations - something you say when you're annoyed 'urgh, give me strength!'

Reactions: 10
It’s just so not impressive when you’re on the cover of a magazine four times but it’s because you’re friends with and train the editor. Takes away all of its shine.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Agreed, it does seem like it’s because she’s pals with the editor. I wonder how many times other fitness influencers have been on the cover?

Reactions: 7
Her stories really are a rollercoaster 😂 happy, sad, ecstatic, almonds, sad. Her whole app is dependent on these videos working and being delivered on time - why doesn’t she have a company to help upload them? She’s sitting at home relying on her home wifi which is clearly patchy?? I’m so confused!! It’s literally going to be her downfall if the app can’t even do the most basic thing it needs to!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Astonished at the sheer amount of photoshopping in that cover image. Looks like they shopped her head onto someone else's body. Awful.

Reactions: 6
Then Apple and Google need their cut too, so even less 😰

I do think Alice is a really good trainer but the app really doesn’t appeal to me and I’ve tried soo many over the years! I don’t know why really, it’s just not really anything new/different.
Completely. Marketing as well like on Instagram.What she has produced looks on the surface very professional quality but what’s the unique selling point? What makes it different from the other apps out there? That needs to be identified and marketed to? X

Astonished at the sheer amount of photoshopping in that cover image. Looks like they shopped her head onto someone else's body. Awful.
Who is this? Honestly I need some photos taken with this photographer as I reckon I’d be in the next Olympics rivalling Dina Asher Smith. 🙄
Beautiful image but not a reflection of her current reality. She looks so toned there and not bloated and puffy. I’m not critiquing her for that as it’s something I have and am trying to address more from a bow I feel point of view…at the moment I feel like I’ve come of a long haul flight half the time.

its an issue that could have features athletes from the Olympics or even women inspired by it. But nope just promote an untrue pic of Alice that could have been taken at the same time as those Alice in wonderland themed pics. These were awful…I hate animals being used needlessly in photographs. That animal should be comfortable in its home without being dragged stressfully to a hot and busy photo shoot.

CEDB29F0-2CEF-40C4-8DAE-E72E3E41E977.jpeg

Consciously or not she’s promoting or perpetuating disorder eating.

How many covers does one women need when there are so many other female fitness professionals who deserve promoting? Not biased at all Claire Sanderson? Does Alice pay for this or are you getting free training in exchange? This whole situation needs to be clearly stated? Who and how can this be reported to grossly unfair and breaking some professional standards/clear advertising somewhere surely?

Attachments

Last edited:
Looking on Google/Android, she only has 1k+ downloads, which doesn't seem like very much at all. Also, a download doesn't equate to an ongoing long term subscription - how many of those are going to be folk just giving it a go for a couple of weeks then cancelling. I think it just comes down to timing - so many people signed up to fitness apps last year, and if they're happy, why are they going to switch, especially to a more expensive app?

Also, imo Give Me Strength is not a good name. I get she's trying to build a brand (and it kind of works as a podcast name), but it has such negative connotations - something you say when you're annoyed 'urgh, give me strength!'
Agree, she totally missed the boat. The time to release an app was at the start of the pandemic, not near the end when the market is saturated. Not sure it’s her best business move to be honest

Reactions: 9
Agreed!"
WH is all about the influencers. There's a well known PT who's never made it on a cover because her figure isn't achievable but is one of the best coaches around!

I think she thought she'd get loads of people joining the app after her lockdown lives. But now gyms are open people have a lot more options open to them than this time last year.

Reactions: 9
God her app is a total tit show. As someone who follows a (free) workout programme and who wakes up early expecting it to be there with the daily workout (it always is!), this kind of thing would really piss me off especially if i was paying. there is loads of fitness content out there and this simply is not good enough. You can't bang on and on about your 'challenges' and then not deliver. Why is she so last minute about uploading?

I think she thought she would basically get the numbers that she would get on her lives forgetting that it was lockdown and she was providing for free. People are fickle and will move onto the next thing. Especially when the next thing uploads according to the schedule!

• Heart
Agreed!"
WH is all about the influencers. There's a well known PT who's never made it on a cover because her figure isn't achievable but is one of the best coaches around!

I think she thought she'd get loads of people joining the app after her lockdown lives. But now gyms are open people have a lot more options open to them than this time last year.
Ooh who’s this influencer as I’ll check her out.

The ironic thing is Alice’s figure isn’t achievable even for Alice. It’s total bull x

God her app is a total tit show. As someone who follows a (free) workout programme and who wakes up early expecting it to be there with the daily workout (it always is!), this kind of thing would really piss me off especially if i was paying. there is loads of fitness content out there and this simply is not good enough. You can't bang on and on about your 'challenges' and then not deliver. Why is she so last minute about uploading?

I think she thought she would basically get the numbers that she would get on her lives forgetting that it was lockdown and she was providing for free. People are fickle and will move onto the next thing. Especially when the next thing uploads according to the schedule!
Yes to this!

Reactions: 3
Who is this? Honestly I need some photos taken with this photographer as I reckon I’d be in the next Olympics rivalling Dina Asher Smith. 🙄
They have definitely stretched her to be taller also, she's a diddy one and this makes her look 5ft 10!

Reactions: 3
Genuinely shocked at that cover on WH. She looks completely different and very photoshopped. She’s meant to be portraying body positivity regardless of size!!! People saying how amazing she looks. I too would look amazing if I’d been photoshopped as much as that. I think this is so damaging 🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Her stories really are a rollercoaster 😂 happy, sad, ecstatic, almonds, sad. Her whole app is dependent on these videos working and being delivered on time - why doesn’t she have a company to help upload them? She’s sitting at home relying on her home wifi which is clearly patchy?? I’m so confused!! It’s literally going to be her downfall if the app can’t even do the most basic thing it needs to!
Almonds as an emotion is absolutely my mood right now 😆

Also; I’m on the border of cancelling my WH subscription which is a shame as it does have some very good stuff in there. But this bleeping obsession with Michelle Keegan, as well as bigging up evidently enhanced PTs such as Alice and Courtney Black… it’s bullshit.

I should also mention that I actually liked Alice, her brand and her workouts (“Get Fit Done” especially… tit name but it saved my marbles in March / April 2020). But she’s losing her relatability and becoming just another overstylised, oversensitive influencerbot, which the world really doesn’t need right now.

Reactions: 8
I was willing to give Alice the benefit of some doubt as I do think she’s got a good knowledge base. I liked her free workouts in lockdown. But now she’s as full of tit as the worst kind of fake on social media. Heavily enhanced images, constant covers on a magazine run by a client/mate (she’s not training clients at Third Space as far as I can see apart from Claire? - freebies in exchange for covers?!). I expected better of Claire than this BS. More self indulgent whining about losing friends and therapy. Jeeeeeeez. I’d rather read the back of a cereal packet, probably more actual content.

And this morning when her App failed again - the stories of her looking stressed and half dressed and in a tizzy. NO. If you’re a businesswoman and you have a glitch you do not portray yourself as out of control! Be honest by all means, say it won’t happen again, offer some form of incentive if necessary if it’s happening loads. All I see is someone running what’s meant to be a professional App from their lounge and they want me to cough up £200 a year for it. She’s going to need some heavy duty almonds to cope with Tattle today if she’s perusing 😳🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.