Alice Liveing #2 Brand new teeth, brand new app, shame she’s filtered and full of crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of influencers really struggle once they go into 'business' because their whole online persona is built on being relatable, but then all of a sudden you have to be very professional. You've gone from 'here's a product that another brand has sent me, I quite like it, buy it if you like!' to 'I'm selling my OWN product, all of this reflects on me and I'm convincing you to part with your money for it' - it's quite a big shift in how you need to be perceived to pull it off.

I can't believe they don't just film the challenges a month in advance, have all the workouts banked and uploaded, then just set them to go live at a certain time each day, automatically. It feels like everything is really last minute, but she had months of prep time before this app went live. I can't believe they're uploading that day's workout on the day! You'd expect a lot more for £200 a year.

Reactions: 14

Alice if anyone with a phone that can have apps are able to help diy videos it’s pretty clear this is edited. You look amazing in this image but also nothing like this in real daily life.

Also why a big secret with being on the cover? Why has she never mentioned even doing a photo shoot. It shows her to be sly and not 100% honest. She could have used it for engagement!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don’t actually think it is edited. Just clever angles and lighting - I look about half a stone thinner if I stretch my arms up over my head as far as they’ll go and stand on my tiptoes. But I agree it’s not really an accurate representation of her body and inconsistent with her whole body positivity / PT not having to look a certain way thing to deliberately try and portray herself as much slimmer and more toned than she actually is. I’d have more respect if she’d done more “honest” shots.

Couldn’t agree more with everything that has been said re the app errors and her stories meltdowns. It’s totally unprofessional. It almost seems a bit manipulative too (although probably not intentionally so) - don’t get upset with me even though you may have been inconvenienced and wasted money on my product which isn’t working because I’m just your pal trying so hard and look how much more stressful it is for me.

Reactions: 4

Alice if anyone with a phone that can have apps are able to help diy videos it’s pretty clear this is edited. You look amazing in this image but also nothing like this in real daily life.

Also why a big secret with being on the cover? Why has she never mentioned even doing a photo shoot. It shows her to be sly and not 100% honest. She could have used it for engagement!
Jeeeez that isn’t anything like her. Head too big for her body. 😳

Reactions: 1

This has both saddened and angered me! It's edited SO much that she looks nothing like how she looks in real life; how can Alice and WH promote body positivity, yet allow something like this to be published?! I'm a fit and healthy size 14, I have some definition as I box and lift weights, and I actually relate to Alice's figure and how she openly looks on her lives etc where she has no control over editing. You can see how much it's glitching when she moves - from all the editing. I fear it's going to backfire for her...

Look at the difference between the ‘normal’ (yet still edited) cover pic, and the cover video!!
2A8DE907-BE33-42DA-8DEE-9B6322FF2473.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 7
And that's now made me even more angry!
The discrepancy between the two images you posted is ridiculous. The magazine cover is edited. It’s very clear. And then the video - her legs have changed shape completely as has her rib cage and shoulder girdle!! Come on Alice we aren’t half wits. Give us some credit for knowing what’s been altered.

I wish she’d actually practice what she preaches. 😡

Reactions: 8
A lot of things about her get on my nerves, mainly her obsession with expensive clothes and designer items, and how she's portraying a lifestyle that is increasingly not relatable e.g. getting a professional spray tan and blow out just to go out for dinner.
However, shoot me for saying this but I personally *hides face behind hands* don't think the WH pictures are photoshopped, or at least not to the degree that some people are saying. I think there's definitely been a bit of airbrushing and touch-ups, e.g. skin smoothing, and also general editing in post like adjusting the colouring/exposure/lighting, but I honestly don't feel like it's any different to the standard airbrushing and touch ups that images always get for magazines.
She definitely looks tubbier than that in real life, but I do think that she was using clever angles in the shoot like standing on tiptoes to make her legs longer and tilting her waist at an angle to make it appear slimmer. She's a dancer and dancers are usually really good at posing for pics because they understand how to use their bodies and hold themselves in a flattering way. Also, I've heard that some people fast before photoshoots (victoria's secret models sometimes did it before runway shows), so she may have fasted for 12 hours before the shoot, or cut carbs out for a few days leading up to the shoot. Last minute short sharp bursts of fasting like that can cut several pounds of water retention and make you look much leaner very quickly.
So what I'm trying to say is, from a combination of a strict diet/fasting to de-bloat before the shoot, as well as knowing her angles and posing in a flattering way, plus everything else like fake tan, hair, makeup, flattering lighting on set, I do think it's plausible that she did look like that on set and I don't think it's necessarily the case that they completely reshaped/photoshopped entire limbs.
I am not praising any of this, because I think it is definitely problematic that an image is being put out there which has had so much prep going into it behind the scenes e.g. hair/makeup/lighting/diet/posing, yet it is presented as how she looks 'in real life' when clearly that isn't the case. But I believe this is a wider issue with magazine images in general. I wouldn't necessarily say that Alice's is any worse than all the other magazine covers out there with regards to editing/lying to consumers.

Reactions: 7
A lot of things about her get on my nerves, mainly her obsession with expensive clothes and designer items, and how she's portraying a lifestyle that is increasingly not relatable e.g. getting a professional spray tan and blow out just to go out for dinner.
However, shoot me for saying this but I personally *hides face behind hands* don't think the WH pictures are photoshopped, or at least not to the degree that some people are saying. I think there's definitely been a bit of airbrushing and touch-ups, e.g. skin smoothing, and also general editing in post like adjusting the colouring/exposure/lighting, but I honestly don't feel like it's any different to the standard airbrushing and touch ups that images always get for magazines.
She definitely looks tubbier than that in real life, but I do think that she was using clever angles in the shoot like standing on tiptoes to make her legs longer and tilting her waist at an angle to make it appear slimmer. She's a dancer and dancers are usually really good at posing for pics because they understand how to use their bodies and hold themselves in a flattering way. Also, I've heard that some people fast before photoshoots (victoria's secret models sometimes did it before runway shows), so she may have fasted for 12 hours before the shoot, or cut carbs out for a few days leading up to the shoot. Last minute short sharp bursts of fasting like that can cut several pounds of water retention and make you look much leaner very quickly.
So what I'm trying to say is, from a combination of a strict diet/fasting to de-bloat before the shoot, as well as knowing her angles and posing in a flattering way, plus everything else like fake tan, hair, makeup, flattering lighting on set, I do think it's plausible that she did look like that on set and I don't think it's necessarily the case that they completely reshaped/photoshopped entire limbs.
I am not praising any of this, because I think it is definitely problematic that an image is being put out there which has had so much prep going into it behind the scenes e.g. hair/makeup/lighting/diet/posing, yet it is presented as how she looks 'in real life' when clearly that isn't the case. But I believe this is a wider issue with magazine images in general. I wouldn't necessarily say that Alice's is any worse than all the other magazine covers out there with regards to editing/lying to consumers.
I also don’t think it’s photoshopped. Crazy things can be done with angles, lighting etc (thinking about when Lena Dunham accused a magazine of photoshopping her). But agree it doesn’t make a huge amount of difference how she has achieved the result - the intention is still to present her body as being an ideal fitness body. And I understand the impulse to do that but it just jars with her message re body acceptance.

I suppose it goes generally to how I feel about her platform. She’s got a history of disordered eating. And she’s clearly not past that, so her message is quite muddled and I think she’s still promoting negative behaviours - love yourself but have lots of cosmetic procedures, it’s liberating to gain weight but at the same time make sure you pose to make your body look as small as possible so no one can tell.

I don’t know why she bugs me so much. I actually think she seems really well intentioned but just gets it wrong. I wonder if she’d be happier if she was just a PT, she seemed to really enjoy that.

Reactions: 10
I agree - not photoshopped. I don't think people realise how much a good angle can change things. I can pose in the mirror and make myself look incredible but if my boyfriend takes a candid photo of me on the beach I'll likely ask him to delete it because if I'm not posed I look much bigger. Also, I feel like sometimes there's a teeny bit of an overreaction on Alice's thread (and generally on tattle) when not every photo has her body looking exactly the same. NO ONE'S body consistently looks the same because of your period cycle, what you ate the day before, how much compression your leggings have etc. it just seems old fashioned to me to assume that every good photo is photoshopped. Particularly when it's becoming such a taboo thing in the fitness space she exists in I don't think she'd jeopardise her brand by doing that, and if she did she wouldn't draw more attention to it by explicitly stating it's not photoshopped.

Just to add, when I say photoshopped I'm talking about editing her body shape and size, nipping and tucking etc. not colour adjustments or any standard things

Reactions: 3
Her body is much wider on her IG (hips, waist, thighs). She suddenly has washboard abs on the cover which she doesn't have in real life right now.

Completely. Marketing as well like on Instagram.What she has produced looks on the surface very professional quality but what’s the unique selling point? What makes it different from the other apps out there? That needs to be identified and marketed to? X

Beautiful image but not a reflection of her current reality. She looks so toned there and not bloated and puffy. I’m not critiquing her for that as it’s something I have and am trying to address more from a bow I feel point of view…at the moment I feel like I’ve come of a long haul flight half the time.

its an issue that could have features athletes from the Olympics or even women inspired by it. But nope just promote an untrue pic of Alice that could have been taken at the same time as those Alice in wonderland themed pics. These were awful…I hate animals being used needlessly in photographs. That animal should be comfortable in its home without being dragged stressfully to a hot and busy photo shoot.

View attachment 694013
Consciously or not she’s promoting or perpetuating disorder eating.

How many covers does one women need when there are so many other female fitness professionals who deserve promoting? Not biased at all Claire Sanderson? Does Alice pay for this or are you getting free training in exchange? This whole situation needs to be clearly stated? Who and how can this be reported to grossly unfair and breaking some professional standards/clear advertising somewhere surely?
Interestingly when you flip through the covers, you see her get heavier over time.

Reactions: 3
Let’s face it. On a photoshop that with professionals and good lighting you’re always going to look different/ better because they know what angles to use and where to place the light. Having said that I think the pictures to look touched up a bit- be it to shade in more definition or to smooth things out. Even if it was just clever lighting/ a good photographer- in the PT/ fitness industry, inconsistent images are always going to put how good your brand is into question. People subscribe for the results at the end- and after spending hundreds for a year of an app to look a certain way, seeing someone conditioned and toned as a result of a team of makeup artists and photographers isn’t going to go down well or tell people why they should buy in.

Reactions: 5
I agree - not photoshopped. I don't think people realise how much a good angle can change things. I can pose in the mirror and make myself look incredible but if my boyfriend takes a candid photo of me on the beach I'll likely ask him to delete it because if I'm not posed I look much bigger. Also, I feel like sometimes there's a teeny bit of an overreaction on Alice's thread (and generally on tattle) when not every photo has her body looking exactly the same. NO ONE'S body consistently looks the same because of your period cycle, what you ate the day before, how much compression your leggings have etc. it just seems old fashioned to me to assume that every good photo is photoshopped. Particularly when it's becoming such a taboo thing in the fitness space she exists in I don't think she'd jeopardise her brand by doing that, and if she did she wouldn't draw more attention to it by explicitly stating it's not photoshopped.

Just to add, when I say photoshopped I'm talking about editing her body shape and size, nipping and tucking etc. not colour adjustments or any standard things
Her thigh on the digital cover versus her thigh on the “picture” cover...says it all really! She did a side by side comparison of herself on her grid a few weeks ago banging on about accepting your body. She needs to practise what she preaches. Obviously the magazine edits/enhances or whatever you call it to make the pictures look perfect but we all know she doesn’t look like that when she posts on Instagram. I honestly think she has a great figure and apart from the constant whining about everything, I do think she comes across as a really good PT, however there has been some considerable enhancing in these pictures.

I don't get the big deal of being on the front cover: it's her fourth time. Plus why would her followers find this interesting as a huge announcement?

Reactions: 17
I always thought she was so lovely, mature and caring but if you look at her original Twitter posts from the account Alice LDNM you see a slightly different side to the image she now projects, however it was probably due to her being young then and on a new platform so she probably didn’t realise the inappropriateness of what she was tweeting

This cover must have shot a month ago? More? All she has done is piss and moan lately - even though she knew this cover was coming out. Never mentioned it or that she’d had a fun day or anything. Claims she shares very little of her life with her IG following so what? All we get is the crap?

also this:
No humility and made me think of the 7 deadly sins.

pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth. 🤪😜😝

DE6484F5-46D8-4F36-9558-3E458FAE3ABD.jpeg

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.