Alice Liveing #14 Disingenuous fibber, I rarely use #ad. When I’m not on holiday I’m very very sad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would take her a lot more seriously if she didn't post about food freedom while doing an idiotic jig and eating sugary cardboard. If she did it while eating a big mac I might reconsider.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Also pretty sure in her insta bio she has “best selling author” or something related to her books from her disordered days. Why be proud of selling books about a regime that was so bad for you and probably millions of others? And no doubt this book will be NO better. As we all know she is no better herself and still v disordered

Reactions: 7
I only e
Had a nosey on Amazon. Book is set to come out on the 4th July for a whopping £17.47 for a 272 paged memoir/manifesto hybrid about how she’s allegedly turned her back on restriction. Bet she’s gonna trickle feed more and more about how she had an eating disorder but now she has food freedom.

Alice, loads of people had eating disorders around the time you were in dance. It was the Kate moss era of nothing tasting better than skinny feels. Only difference is most people didn’t go out and make a load of money off the back of it and then make a load more preaching freedom without ever taking accountability for being a problematic social climber, hell bent on getting famous no matter what your “advice” does to other people.
I only ever lurk on this thread but I just wanted to say this resonated with me so much. Alice was a massive contributor to the eating disorder I still struggle with daily now. I will never forgive or forget how much she sold her “clean” living and her super thin body which I now realise was very heavily photoshopped. She sold so smugly it as the only way to live, made everyone else feel absolutely inadequate. Then when that way of living started to get called out as being unrealistic and “balance” became the new thing, she totally flipped flopped and changed her tactics to get more money - however, the damage was done for a lot of people. She is no better than the soap stars who sold out for a few fitness DVDs bragging about losing weight, and then a few years later putting it all back on and more and saying how they starved themselves to get so thin. YES and you were fine getting paid to tell other women to do the same!
I can’t stand her. Sorry for the rant. I just can’t believe she still has the nerve to show her face to be honest. She should be ashamed and putting more work and her own money into helping the disordered eating she contributed to.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
It would be different if she (or just one) of these former “clean” eating influencers acknowledged the very real harm and damage they did to people through the lifestyle and message they were promoting, rather than only ever making it about the harm they feel they experienced - which is what I do see them focus on. Hopefully there are some decent journos who’ll challenge her on it in her book press but imagine my hopes will come to nothing. I’m surprised there’s not more of a backlash tbh.

Reactions: 9
It would be different if she (or just one) of these former “clean” eating influencers acknowledged the very real harm and damage they did to people through the lifestyle and message they were promoting, rather than only ever making it about the harm they feel they experienced - which is what I do see them focus on. Hopefully there are some decent journos who’ll challenge her on it in her book press but imagine my hopes will come to nothing. I’m surprised there’s not more of a backlash tbh.
All of Alice's Clean Eating books are still widely available and she is therefore still making money from pedalling that dangerous crap. She isn't going to bite the hand that feeds!? She changed her account name on socials to remove the clean eating part and now randomly preaches food freedom when it suits but those books are still bringing in income and the people that she influenced back then are still undoubtedly picking up the pieces of the effect it had upon them.
She should be disgusted with herself for not owning the damage she has not only done but quite literally continues to profit from.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone have any copies of her clean eating books? What kind of shite did she peddle in them?

Reactions: 1
I used mine as a doorstop for a few years before I chucked it out. I also chucked my ex out as he gave me the book as a gift 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I downloaded body bible and tbh if I were her sister I’d be miffed. One of the first paragraphs is calling her mum out being overweight and then saying her sister has diabetes so the fridge had to be changed up and they weren’t allowed sweets anymore.
She’s a bit of a broken record cos in this she alludes to an eating disorder - in this case binge eating. And then reckons she decided to nourish her body with whole foods. Sugar isn’t the enemy yada yada, balance is key, this is a life style. There’s so much verbiage she continues to use today. Clearly still disordered and should be no where near giving people diet and lifestyle advice.

Reactions: 3
Embarrassed to say I still have the book. The back half is exercises and lame recipes. She looks sooooo different. It’s mind boggling.
I’ll dig it out and post some stuff later.

Here are some of the opening pages of the book. I added some of the photos as well. I haven’t looked at this in a long time and wow. She looks completely different. Is that a new nose I see? No shade, you be you and all but she looks so plastic now.
Last pic is Dubai last week.

Attachments

• Wow
Here are some of the opening pages of the book. I added some of the photos as well. I haven’t looked at this in a long time and wow. She looks completely different. Is that a new nose I see? No shade, you be you and all but she looks so plastic now.
Last pic is Dubai last week.
She never cooks unless it’s a sponsored post and even then it’s usually for some individual product (eggs!) or a recipe box thing. So strange

Reactions: 4
Woah her latest story really highlights how much work she’s had done. Obviously trialling more lip filler for the wedding. And way too heavy handed on the masseteur (I’ve definitely not spelt that correctly!) botox

Reactions: 1
It’s not just her face. Remember when she was in New York and she posted those pictures where she suddenly had chiseled abs and appeared to be a foot taller than she actually is? If she could have her Clean Eating Alice body without the misery of what it takes to look like that, she would in a heartbeat. When you inject that much crap into your face that it no longer moves and looks completely different to 5 years ago, and then you still can’t even show your true self without posing in weird angles or editing, you are absolutely not body confident nor happy in your own skin. Far from it. If she’s about to make money by preaching this in her new book, that’s absolutely gross.

Reactions: 2
IMG_5596.png

I just can’t get over how old she looks. And she’s clearly massively editing her photos, she looks quite bloated here

Did she really do a podcast on her friendship with grungy pants? Oh look at me and how much someone loves me? Why not do one with Paddy on what makes a great relationship??

She’s still really trying to hype up this book announcement isn’t she, even though it’s already been announced 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.