Alice J-T #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i can’t put my finger on it but there’s something weird about her TikTok videos about ADHD. They seem disingenuous somehow and not particularly helpful to someone who might be seeking a diagnosis themselves (I am ND myself). Lots of pointless bragging throughout..:she has such severe ADHD she was seen quickly (this is not illustrative of the situation nationally which she doesn’t really explain, just implies if you’re severe enough you’ll be seen quickly) and she had a really quick assessment which was a doddle as she did her research first, in fact she’s done so much research she’s basically completed the community support group she’s been referred to already. Like I say I can’t put my finger on it exactly…but a bit odd.

Reactions: 13
i can’t put my finger on it but there’s something weird about her TikTok videos about ADHD. They seem disingenuous somehow and not particularly helpful to someone who might be seeking a diagnosis themselves (I am ND myself). Lots of pointless bragging throughout..:she has such severe ADHD she was seen quickly (this is not illustrative of the situation nationally which she doesn’t really explain, just implies if you’re severe enough you’ll be seen quickly) and she had a really quick assessment which was a doddle as she did her research first, in fact she’s done so much research she’s basically completed the community support group she’s been referred to already. Like I say I can’t put my finger on it exactly…but a bit odd.
Completely agree. Her voice and the way she usually acts is completely different.

Reactions: 2
I also find it interesting that she’s done all of this on TikTok and avoided it on Instagram…

Reactions: 11
She is a fecking nightmare. Her ADHD videos were ridiculous. How convenient to blame literally all her bad behaviour on mental illness. It’s like she’s giving herself a complete free pass for all the crap she’s done and harm she’s caused. And of course it’s all centred on herself, not the people around her. She is living in fantasy land, I wouldn’t trust her one bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've got messy drawers, a wall meal planner, like naps and nice stationery, but I've never abandoned my kids, lied about how fantastic my relationship was, had more best friends than hot dinners or got a tattoo after two weeks of jumping into a relationship with a con-man. So where does that leave me on the ADHD diagnostic interview Alice?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yeah TikTok is all adhd, insta is all driveways and lunches out. Talking of lunch - agree with everyone who said it was weird to post the receipt and even the complaining stories. It sounds like the food was good but service was subpar - which by her account, was dealt with by giving them money off. Why the need to put them on public blast? She sounds like a petulant child, expecting the world to care that her super special treat lunch wasn’t perfect 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
OK I have found her on TikTok. Infuriating hand gestures and even more annoying, faux-American habit of going up at the end of sentences?

She is awful!

Reactions: 5
Bit in bold ... That is it for me. I found it a bit odd that she kept saying 'i found out I had ADHD from tik tok' with very little information about the process of getting a diagnosis, how long it took etc. A couple of my friends have been diagnosed/started the process and for them part of it was returning a huge form by a deadline (which they said was ironic as that can be very hard for people with ADHD).

It also felt odd she kept saying 'I found out I had ADHD from tik tok' which is a very click baity way of putting it and saying so little about the process, no tips for going through it or how to cope with the wait or anything.

It seems like an unsuccessful way of trying to build a niche or following - almost like how not to do it.

After a period of relative calm it seems that Alice is back to being the horror she normally is.

• Haha
She also did this with post-natal depression with Elfie. I'm not saying she didn't have it but she announced it on the blog in the most disingenuous way and from then on, basically every post had a #PND in it. I can't put my finger on why but I just get the impression with PND and ADHD that's she's like "Great! New content for me to make and stay relevant!" rather than genuinely trying to "help" 🙄 anyone.

Reactions: 7
She also didn’t have to have anyone else fill out any questionnaires during her diagnosis. Has she gone to one of the places called out in that Panorama doc??

Reactions: 4
She said the assessment was an hour so it’s possible. It sounded like she was seen on the NHS but I think the assessment would be longer in that case, so she could have been referred to ADHD360 under right to choose.

This would be info I would expect someone to share about their journey to diagnosis if trying to provide useful content for people considering putting themselves forward for assessment…because trying to get a diagnosis can be such an ordeal (regardless of severity as Alice implies) due to huge waiting lists, and weighing up NHS/RTC/private options is a big first consideration.

She also refers to her assessor as a ‘psychologist’ in one of the earlier videos which would fit with an ADHD360 assessment, although she then says ‘psychiatrist’ in another video so who knows.

I agree with fairylights - I also found it weird she didn’t talk about the pre-assessment questionnaires in any detail as these are such a huge part of the process and yet so overwhelming for people with ADHD.

Reactions: 3
I've got messy drawers, a wall meal planner, like naps and nice stationery, but I've never abandoned my kids, lied about how fantastic my relationship was, had more best friends than hot dinners or got a tattoo after two weeks of jumping into a relationship with a con-man. So where does that leave me on the ADHD diagnostic interview Alice?
okay I’m missing something here:
- when did she abandon her kids?
- is the con-man the current guy?

It's not ADHD, Alice - you have EUPD (formerly known as Borderline Personality Disorder), hope this helps.

Reactions: 2
Oh my goodness, you’ve missed SO MUCH! Definitely read the previous threads - strap in for the rollercoaster!
it’s so funny because I used to be Internet friends with her, ages ago, but over the years I just found her a bit dull and we haven’t spoken in years but I continued to follow her. Didn’t realize there was anything to snark about with her until I found this thread.

Reactions: 1
it’s so funny because I used to be Internet friends with her, ages ago, but over the years I just found her a bit dull and we haven’t spoken in years but I continued to follow her. Didn’t realize there was anything to snark about with her until I found this thread.
Yep there’s Gramps and Dan Dan the conman in the last several years. A real tit show.