Alice J-T #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saying she needed a nap every day, 85% of the time, probably hasn't done her work prospects any favours. Self employed is the only way Alice can keep a job longer than 18months.

Reactions: 2
I had a look at her blog yesterday and she seems to have done one recent ish sponsored post for a mattress company.

A couple of things struck me: her really poor standard of writing (naive, but trying to be grown up, student-paper vibe), and her saying she goes on the school run at 7.30am.

Who does that? Most schools don’t start til half eight earliest, and a commute of an HOUR is insane unless you live in eg the Outer Hebrides. Surely she doesn’t leave for the school run at half seven? (Or do the children mostly live with their dad and the school is near him or her? Late thought just occurred to me…)

I was also quite surprised at her implication that until recently she would lie in bed in the mornings scrolling her phone for hours. Doesn’t go brilliantly with a full-time job, that.

(Oh yes, it’s also not correctly labelled per the ASA regulations. It needs to say AD at the start, before you’ve started reading).
IMG_5674.png

Blogs make me feel SO OLD. I used to spend so long reading them when I was at uni an unspecified number of years ago (I thought it was 15 but it was not 💀)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
“Totally unfair” that the poor child she wanted and forced into the world should have the gall to be awake and disturbing the Princess - god she’s such a twit!!!

• Haha
I think she means she gets up at 7:30 rather than having to leave the house at 7:30, if that makes sense. Could be wrong though.

If she didn't go back after maternity leave wouldn't she need to pay back maternity pay? Unless she didn't get any or they sacked her? Only have experience of NHS policies not private companies.

If she had enhanced maternity pay (which she may not have with a young start up type company) she should technically pay this back if she doesn’t return but in my experience, it is is rarely enforced. They would have to prove she never intended to return.

She was there long enough to not have to repay it. Doesn’t surprise me, she bitched about the commute to London a couple of times a week.

Reactions: 1
She was there long enough to not have to repay it. Doesn’t surprise me, she bitched about the commute to London a couple of times a week.
No you usually have to go back to work after the maternity for a certain period to avoid repaying. She was due to go back in the summer according to her LinkedIn but doesn’t look like she did. I can’t imagine the company she worked for did much more than SMT tbh

No you usually have to go back to work after the maternity for a certain period to avoid repaying. She was due to go back in the summer according to her LinkedIn but doesn’t look like she did. I can’t imagine the company she worked for did much more than SMT tbh
You can only be asked to repay occupational maternity pay if it was agreed before your leave or is stated in your employer's maternity policy. You can also only be asked to repay any occupational (company) maternity pay over and above the amount of SMP or Maternity Allowance that you were entitled to.

So only if it was in her contract that it had to be repaid.

Oh she popped up on my tiktok fyp talking about being sick when you have adhd. She’s wearing the most unflattering glasses. Seriously fugly

Oh she popped up on my tiktok fyp talking about being sick when you have adhd. She’s wearing the most unflattering glasses. Seriously fugly
Very telling I think that she’s kept the self diagnosed ADHD to TikTok and never mentioned it on Instagram.

Reactions: 7