Alice J-T #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s been into Elfie’s school to talk about working in influencer marketing. I don’t even understand how that’s a job. And how it clearly pays a lot!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
She’s been into Elfie’s school to talk about working in influencer marketing. I don’t even understand how that’s a job. And how it clearly pays a lot!
I just thought how crass to wear a top saying ‘Sporty and Rich’ to address an audience of young children. Bet there was a lot of eye rolling in the staff room about that!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I do hope Elfie and her peers were not at all ‘influenced’ by her mother’s presentation today and have aspirations for a real career. Grifting is not a real job.

Reactions: 9
I do hope Elfie and her peers were not at all ‘influenced’ by her mother’s presentation today and have aspirations for a real career. Grifting is not a real job.
It must be quite an attractive ‘job’ to a teenager though. Like the new ‘I want to win X Factor’ or ‘I’m going to play for England’.
Fame, money and very little work.

Reactions: 5
It must be quite an attractive ‘job’ to a teenager though. Like the new ‘I want to win X Factor’ or ‘I’m going to play for England’.
Fame, money and very little work.
That's if you're the influencer. If you work in 'influencer marketing' though, like Alice, does, it's not much money and dealing with influencers who (more often than not) are AWFUL.

Reactions: 1
That's if you're the influencer. If you work in 'influencer marketing' though, like Alice, does, it's not much money and dealing with influencers who (more often than not) are AWFUL.
Not sure what your source is, and sorry if your agency aren’t so good if you’re in the sector, but I work in Influencer Marketing and it’s great. Money is the same as any digital marketing career, lots of opportunities for consultancy if brands etc don’t have an in hour influencer team, and not all talent are as awful as the rest!

Reactions: 4
I’d quite like to be an influencer. A tiktok one was saying how they get paid $50k per ad. I just am not very exciting and also would have a mental breakdown reading my inevitable tattle thread 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Re Adam’s job. Look’s like he’s just a developer not a manger or CTO. Salary prob in the region of £75-80k. Even start ups have to pay the high salaries that are standard in this sector. He says he’s a founder so that probably means some kind of share options to keep him loyal.

Company looks like any other startup I’ve been at. The shares in 95% of cases end up being worth duck all when the whole thing collapses. A few blokes have fun along the way and then they’re on to the next big idea.

Reactions: 2