Alice J-T #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really difficult to tell who is effy and who is Alice in those latest stories!!

Reactions: 3
I have so many questions about her choice of pizza toppings. Do the ultra middle class not lower themselves to have a standard pepperoni pizza anymore?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
‘We have so many conversations in our marriage about wife’s work, unseen and emotional labour’

I bet he’s had a ball being away from that for a week!

And ‘single parenting when I had three jobs’

Really? Oh wait, I’m forgetting Slay!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Alice, you have never lived the true single parent experience (house beside parents and owned by parents who were not barking at you for rent, they supplied childcare and you went on many childfree holidays). Your husband going away for a few days is not comparable either. Please, just get on with it like millions of other women do.

Reactions: 10
That year she went to NY on her own at least 5 times? Yes, that's not how single parents live you idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Nothing annoys me more than a woman looking after kids for a while alone then telling everyone how wonderful single parents are once the husband gets home. To me, it feels like going up to someone and saying 'I was down to my last tenner a few months ago, I don't know how you poor people manage, all credit to you'.

Reactions: 17
Nothing annoys me more than a woman looking after kids for a while alone then telling everyone how wonderful single parents are once the husband gets home. To me, it feels like going up to someone and saying 'I was down to my last tenner a few months ago, I don't know how you poor people manage, all credit to you'.
Exactly this!! It really isn’t comparable. And it was a week. One week. She’s on maternity leave so not out at work all day, her older kids don’t live with her…
But you keep slaying, Alice.

Reactions: 10
Incredibly patronising. I hate the term solo parenting too.

Reactions: 7
Mothers who like to think themselves bleeping heroes for parenting their own children while their partner is away also love the phrase 'flying solo'.
One Instagram mum who I cannot remember the name of once achieved this amazing feat and then promised 'stories' on how she coped for us mere mortals.

Reactions: 12
I use the term solo parent instead of single parent because I don’t like the term single parent. This tit she has posted pisses me off. It’s not the same as being a solo/single parent at all. You still have someone else taking care of the bills with you, to fall upon if you are struggling and to talk to. Single/solo parents don’t have that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Why is she moving him into his own room if she is not happy about it, as she claims?
There's a lot of things to snark on Alice about bit having mixed feelings about moving your baby into their own room is very normal. It might be the best decision in terms of sleep quality as you may be disturbing each other in the night, baby might have outgrown the crib and the cot doesn't fit in the room, but you still can be sad about it! I know I will be when we move my son into his own room but ultimately it will benefit all of us.

Reactions: 4
The family photo with the two older children in the background looking the other way … that’s one for them to take to their therapist in years to come

• Haha
Reactions: 8