Alex Belfield

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to like him. Most of the time he made clear arguments and questioned what was going on with the establishment and Harry and Meghan.

Then he started churning out all sorts of click bait including lots of personal attacks against some celebrities who imo really didn’t deserve the abuse, and I stopped watching him.

If he has broken any kind of embargoes or orders before, then I expect a custodial sentence. I fear they will make an example of him.

This thread title has definitely been edited.

Reactions: 8
Very strange cove. On the one hand he's a Colin Hunt-style old showbiz nerd, happy to do fawning chats with minor celebs from the Seventies to puff up their next panto. On the other hand, he tries to be another male Katie Hopkins.

As far as I know, he didn't go much beyond being a tea boy at BBC local radio, but the BBC-hating tabloids, in their desperation to drag the Corporation into every bad news story possible, invariably describe him as an 'ex-BBC DJ'. I'm surprised they didn't fill their papers in the 1940s with stories about 'BBC World Service listener invades Poland'.

• Haha
He worked on Loose Women in some capacity as well. Doing what I don’t know. He made it sound like he was the audience warm up man, but I find that hard to believe given he’s about as funny as an enema.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Very strange cove. On the one hand he's a Colin Hunt-style old showbiz nerd, happy to do fawning chats with minor celebs from the Seventies to puff up their next panto. On the other hand, he tries to be another male Katie Hopkins.

As far as I know, he didn't go much beyond being a tea boy at BBC local radio, but the BBC-hating tabloids, in their desperation to drag the Corporation into every bad news story possible, invariably describe him as an 'ex-BBC DJ'. I'm surprised they didn't fill their papers in the 1940s with stories about 'BBC World Service listener invades Poland'.
In my previous life, I seem to recall being aware of him at Leicester Sq in the pre Global radio days. Think he had a gig on Capital Gold at the time. This is before BBC LR

Reactions: 3
He worked on Loose Women in some capacity as well. Doing what I don’t know. He made it sound like he was the audience warm up man, but I find that hard to believe given he’s about as funny as an enema.
Heard he was a warm up before the show but wasn’t good that’s what I heard but don’t know if that’s true

Heard he was a warm up before the show but wasn’t good that’s what I heard but don’t know if that’s true
He only ever did a few cover shifts for when the guy before the current permanent one was off sick, which was been well over five years ago now (probably more like 8-10). It was Greg Scott back then, who Alex has been fighting with on Twitter for years now. His grudges always seem to involve people he's worked with in some capacity.

He does like to exaggerate though. He says "working as the warm-up act on Loose Women" to describe a couple of cover shifts over the space of two years, and "going on a solo UK touring musical show" to describe playing piano in the corner of a few care home lounges across Nottinghamshire.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can't say I'm a fan. I watched a few of his videos in lockdown, but he came across as a deeply unpleasant, and I reckon he is prejudiced and maybe a tad racist too. He would call migrants "dinghy divers" which is wholly disrespectful towards human life seemingly in desperate need.

No, not all migrants will be good people, but calling them dinghy divers when innocent young children and families have died trying to cross the English channel is just extremely crass. Hope he learns his lesson after he's punished for his crimes. He needs a wake up call.

Reactions: 9
Must be something more going on with the guy because your average youtube alt-whatever grifter generally know where to call the line between stoking tension for views and actually doing crimes.

Clearly some sort of narcissistic personality thing happening but like turned up to 11.

Hopefully the guy calms down a bit after serving his punishments.

I like how these court cases often reveal the truth behind the lies... before he was in court he was claiming that he had upwards of 20,000 people paying £4 a month to get access to the private videos on his website. It turns out that was obviously complete bollocks.

I like how these court cases often reveal the truth behind the lies... before he was in court he was claiming that he had upwards of 20,000 people paying £4 a month to get access to the private videos on his website. It turns out that was obviously complete bollocks.
I don't understand why anyone would want to pay to hear his opinions.
Crazy.
I saw a few of his vids in the Harry and Meghan threads. Not worth paying to watch.

He's going daaaaaahn.

I think he tempts the hard of thinking to sign up by hinting at being able to say exactly what he wants and not having to comply with YouTube's policies, so I assume it's more extreme racism and homophobia than he usually spouts.

I watched some of his Katie Price videos and initally thought he was hitting the nail on the head, I agreed with him and he seemed to be speaking the truth about her bad behaviour when others weren't. Then I realised he had an unhealthy obsession with it, video after video about her multiple times a week which seemed weird, and he referred to Harvey as a "disabled man of color" which I thought was irrelevant to the discussion and made me think he's a bit racist. I also found out he was touring with Katie Hopkins who is an appalling person. After all that, I stopped watching him then.

Reactions: 10
Have hinted at this before but he comes across as very jealous of anyone more successful than him or in roles that he thinks he would be better at, which may be a 'spur' for some of his abuse. Seeing as he can't make the cut in terms of getting the gigs, he puts down those in jobs he would see as rightfully 'his'. What's the betting he wouldn't turn down a TV weekday slot like Jeremy Vine has (no matter what you think of JV and his show), not to mention a popular quiz show and radio slots?

Also, I mentioned something earlier in the thread which got no reply but was just curious if anyone had a better handle on the legal aspect of the case.
Sorry to self-quote:

How comes he gets found guilty of stalking the four men but not the four women? Seems a bit 'off'.

Surely it's just because his actions were more extreme in those cases and/or there was more evidence for him to be convicted of those charges? It wouldn't be "off" if he took things further with men than with women, if his emails had been more threatening in tone, if he'd egged-on his followers to harass the men in a way he didn't with the women (e.g. like he did with Vine), if he'd been calling up the mothers of those women like he did with that other guy. Different behaviours will have different outcomes.

I think he tempts the hard of thinking to sign up by hinting at being able to say exactly what he wants and not having to comply with YouTube's policies, so I assume it's more extreme racism and homophobia than he usually spouts.
If you’ve seen the audience at any of his shows you’ll see he certainly appeals to a certain ‘demographic’. Mostly late middle aged, bald, overweight white men. The kind of people you’d see at a Roy Chubby Brown or Jim Davidson gig.

• Haha
  • Sick
Must be something more going on with the guy because your average youtube alt-whatever grifter generally know where to call the line between stoking tension for views and actually doing crimes.

Clearly some sort of narcissistic personality thing happening but like turned up to 11.

Hopefully the guy calms down a bit after serving his punishments.
He comes across as a failed entertainer. In my opinion, he probably wanted to be in music or more successful in radio, but he wasn't, so he's bitter towards those that have succeeded and become a face in the entertainment industry.