Alex Belfield

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The trial lasts for six weeks in total and the second week has just been completed, so there are four weeks of this trial remaining. The first week apparently went a little ahead of schedule, but court was adjourned during the second week on Monday and for most of Tuesday because AB's court appointed QC (AB is representing himself but, due to special measures for vulnerable witnesses, i.e. the alleged victims, the court has appointed a QC to cross-examine said witnesses using AB's planned form of questioning) contracted Covid and AB refused to let his QC cross-examine any said witnesses via Zoom (as has been common protocol since the pandemic when such a thing happens), so there's still a lot of evidence to be heard.
Thanks. Wow its a long trial.

Reactions: 2
Comes across as Alex Bellend to me, with some of his antics. Just because he's raised the flag on the less salubrious aspects of media, it doesn't make him a decent human being, considering his 'persistence' in haranguing those who are relatively benign, in terms of influence. Makes me wonder if some of his activities are due to jealousy of those more successful.

Reactions: 9
Thanks. Wow its a long trial.
It is, yes, due to the number of alleged victims (eight) and large amount of evidence (emails and videos et al) to be heard. After all, last summer, the prosecution said: "It seems to be that with the reach of the eight complainants, the length of the evidence and the messages and emails, it seems to be a six-week slot is appropriate." The crime that AB is accused of (stalking involving serious alarm and/or distress) is also very serious, with a maximum custodial sentence of ten years, so it doesn't surprise me that this case needs to be as thorough as possible to ensure complete fairness.

Reactions: 6
There are two quick things that I want to say about this trial. One: it IS active, so please take care with what you post on here and elsewhere, as commenting on certain things risks being found in contempt of court and isn't fair on all parties involved. This page on gov.uk provides good advice.

Two: please also be wary of commenting about anything AB posts on YouTube or elsewhere, as one witness, Mark Williams-Thomas, has tweeted this.

Reactions: 12
A long, interesting thread about ab. Cringed inside out at the sheer awfulness of him.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
A long, interesting thread about ab. Cringed inside out at the sheer awfulness of him.
And another thread! Even by his standards, the last post was especially vile: literally saying it was marvellous that a man died on a migrant rescue ship.

Reactions: 1
He's always been absolutely vile

I remember in about 2017 or 2018 he called Iain Lee's radio show one night (using a different name - "Andrew" I think) and literally told him to kill himself. It was definitely him, he was harassing him on Twitter for a couple of years just before that and he has a recognisable voice.

• Wow
Apparently today he was supposed give evidence and sat in silence.
What's going on?
Is he having a breakdown?

When does this trial end?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Wow. Good for him standing up for himself.
Thanks for the info

• Sick
He needs to stop harassing people then. He’s got form for this kind of behaviour.

Reactions: 7
He didn't present any defence, I guess he didn't want to be cross examined. He's made himself look a complete fool.

Reactions: 4
Wow. Good for him standing up for himself.
Thanks for the info
He didn't stand up for anything. He's in court for stalking people and also certainly going to be found guilty of it.

Reactions: 8
How do you know that?
Following the case. He's the one on trial, yet he's somehow convinced his fans he's suing the BBC? I can't see a jury finding him innocent going by all that evidence. He's been at it for years.

Reactions: 4
It's certainly a very odd case.
Either it's all true or the BBC (and certainly Radio Leeds) is staffed by a very odd cross section of people, terrified of their on shadows.
Nottingham Police don't come out of it well either,

Reactions: 3