Alex Belfield

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lot of the gammon/flag shaggers hate the BBC and want to defunded it, and he’s playing to them with his rants about how they’re out to get him etc.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
A lot of the gammon/flag shaggers hate the BBC and want to defunded it, and he’s playing to them with his rants about how they’re out to get him etc.
Also been taking donations from them for the last two years for "legal fees" despite representing himself.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I tried to listen to his video about his trial.
It went on and on and on.
I lost interest.
He does like the sound of his own voice.
But the police don't come out of this looking too good, nor do the people who said he had sent them thousands of emails when really, he only sent a few.

Is a trial this length really a good use of our court system?
Get it over with.
It's dragging on soooooo long.

Reactions: 3
But the police don't come out of this looking too good, nor do the people who said he had sent them thousands of emails when really, he only sent a few.
He's reporting his own trial and is doing so by missing out anything that makes him look bad, so the impression you have is purely because that's how he's painted it. Every news outlet doesn't care enough to go in depth with this, like most cases, they're just reporting the bare bones every other week, the main focus will be on the verdict and the sentence.

If someone sent you thousands of emails over a period of years and you were in a routine of deleting them, you'd only be able to present the ones you kept as evidence. What's able to be submitted as evidence is a different thing to what took place.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He's reporting his own trial and is doing so by missing out anything that makes him look bad, so the impression you have is purely because that's how he's painted it. Every news outlet doesn't care enough to go in depth with this, like most cases, they're just reporting the bare bones every other week, the main focus will be on the verdict and the sentence.

If someone sent you thousands of emails over a period of years and you were in a routine of deleting them, you'd only be able to present the ones you kept as evidence. What's able to be submitted as evidence is a different thing to what took place.

Sounds like you have already reached your verdict.

At first I thought, good for him standing up for himself, but I listened to part of one of his video rants and after a while, I'd had enough.
So I haven't heard enough info to decide what I think now.

Reactions: 2
I've seen the way he's talked to and about people on Twitter for years now, how the people he's targeted have been treated, and followed all the things he's on trial for since the beginning. Having watched it all unfold in real time like that it's difficult to see how the verdict could go the other way. Maybe his tour partner Katie Hopkins can give him some advice on losing 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So what happens if he's found guilty? Is it a fine, restraining order or a prison sentence he's facing?

So what happens if he's found guilty? Is it a fine, restraining order or a prison sentence he's facing?
These are the sentencing guidelines for stalking involving serious alarm or distress, which carries of maximum prison sentence of ten years.

At first I thought, good for him standing up for himself, but I listened to part of one of his video rants and after a while, I'd had enough.
So I haven't heard enough info to decide what I think now.
He's gobby and brittle... and he probably did go a bit far with the "fanny on the ******" stuff....
But listening to the evidence those accusing him appear to gone out of their way to be both offended and to fuel their collective offence.
We shall see what the jury decide.

He's reading the transcript.

As for thousands of emails.... it says everything about you.

He's reading the transcript.
He's reading the parts of the transcript that don't make him sound bad, he isn't reading the full transcript. If he did that his daily videos about it would be 8+ hours long and not 45-60 minutes.

• Heart
The jury started deliberating yesterday according to Nottingham Live.

Maybe there'll be a verdict today?

He's reading the parts of the transcript that don't make him sound bad, he isn't reading the full transcript. If he did that his daily videos about it would be 8+ hours long and not 45-60 minutes.

They are long enough as it is!
I lost the will to live trying to listen to all of one of 'em.

Why the hell are they being sent home at 2pm each day? Surely they should stay until 5pm? The less time they spend deliberating, the more days it will take!

Why the hell are they being sent home at 2pm each day? Surely they should stay until 5pm? The less time they spend deliberating, the more days it will take!
Too dangerous to be out in Nottingham after lunch?
:LOL: :D :LOL:

I can't believe how long this trial is going on for.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Childcare issues, apparently, which is understandable when it is the summer holidays. It's also understandable why deliberating is going into a third day at least when there's a LOT of evidence (emails, tweets, transcripts from YouTube videos, police interviews etc) to go through and discuss (three and a half weeks of evidence from the prosecution, although Belfield only submitted about 15 minutes worth of evidence in his defence).

Reactions: 1
How do you know that?
See.

Hope he gets 10 years.

I wonder if the outcome would have been any different if he'd used all the donations he'd been taking for a defence lawyer over the last two years and spent them on a defence lawyer.

Last edited:
  • Sick
See.

Hope he gets 10 years.

I wonder if the outcome would have been any different if he'd used all the donations he'd been taking for a defence lawyer over the last two years and spent them on a defence lawyer.

Can't he be done for that, too?
Isn't that fraud?

Interested to see what sentence he gets.

Reactions: 1