Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I want to add, were the alleged threats that Alex made of a violent nature or were they threats of legal action? If it is the latter, then what about private parking companies sending repeated letters to people, threatening legal action? What about the TV licensing Inspectors knocking on people's doors and threatening legal action?

Is it illegal to contact someone and threaten legal action?
That’s not really comparable though is it?

Reactions: 8

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
The sentence seems disproportionate to me.
I don't know what to think tbh. I might be wrong, but I believe it was one of the first cases of its type. I'm sure the judge took advice. I am pretty sure though that representing himself wasn't a good idea.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Pretty appalling to see some people on here not understanding the definition of free speech and it's place in the human rights act....
Human Rights Act 1988, Article 10 Freedom of expression
1 Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.

So if I put on my non existent YT channel or whatever that I think that Rylan is a giant hamster with a green aura or that Ozzy Osbourne is the rightful Pope - it may be nuts but it is my right and my freedom of expression as set out in law to say that. Just because you disagree with somebody does not make their opinion any less valid than yours... I can say my next door neighbour is an arse (which he is) but that is my right to say that.....
Free speech us tempered if you use your speech to incite violence, harrass or alarm. Fundamental Himan Rights are tempered by the laws of the land. You don't have unlimited freedoms. If you think the law contravenes your human rights, you can make a complaint to the Supreme Court under the Human Rights Act. So he is welcome to do that.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I think I might have said it before but I saw a clip of him saying he'd consider housing an adult female Ukrainian (or was it several) in return for sexual favours. Cvnt

• Sick
  • Wow

ohannie

VIP Member
Unless Alex explicitly said he had a bomb, I don't see how he can be held responsible for someone thinking he had one.
He has told people to "watch out", claimed the police were coming for them, that they'd be served court papers, that they'd lose their job, lose their homes, that they'd regret what they said, that they "should sleep with one eye open". Are these things "speaking one's mind"? The court didn't think so. He hasn't been jailed for his opinions, he's been jailed for his threats and harassment. It has literally nothing to do with freedom of speech. If he'd kept to making endless videos about Diane Abbott and Megan Markle he wouldn't be spending the next two Christmases behind bars.

Making videos can be classed as making contact when you're making false claims about someone and they're required to watch those videos in order to report specific time references to YouTube so they'll take them down.

I wonder what he was trying to make some guy's wife think sending her a photo of her own foetus after her husband criticised him on Twitter.

margaretta

VIP Member
I used to like him. Most of the time he made clear arguments and questioned what was going on with the establishment and Harry and Meghan.

Then he started churning out all sorts of click bait including lots of personal attacks against some celebrities who imo really didn’t deserve the abuse, and I stopped watching him.

If he has broken any kind of embargoes or orders before, then I expect a custodial sentence. I fear they will make an example of him.

This thread title has definitely been edited.

ohannie

VIP Member
I like how these court cases often reveal the truth behind the lies... before he was in court he was claiming that he had upwards of 20,000 people paying £4 a month to get access to the private videos on his website. It turns out that was obviously complete bollocks.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Alex does deserve some credit ... he covered his own trial without being found in contempt. I'd suggest that shows more talent than some of the numpty's I see on TV these days. :unsure:

• Sick

Cosmo69

Chatty Member
Very strange cove. On the one hand he's a Colin Hunt-style old showbiz nerd, happy to do fawning chats with minor celebs from the Seventies to puff up their next panto. On the other hand, he tries to be another male Katie Hopkins.

As far as I know, he didn't go much beyond being a tea boy at BBC local radio, but the BBC-hating tabloids, in their desperation to drag the Corporation into every bad news story possible, invariably describe him as an 'ex-BBC DJ'. I'm surprised they didn't fill their papers in the 1940s with stories about 'BBC World Service listener invades Poland'.

• Haha

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
He once called Jim Davidson ‘ fantastic orator‘. Have you ever seen JD’s YouTube channel? All he seems to do is tell people he doesn’t like to fuck off. ‘Gary Lineker needs to fuck off/Ashley Banjo needs to fuck off/Sadiq Khan needs to fuck off..’ etc.
Can't stand the guy, an absolute foul mouthed arrogant rude man, hate the way he licks up to the armed forces too. Oh and his 'comedy' is shite.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Yeah, how did he manage this? People can argue about his harsh sentence and that he's been made an example of, but seriously this guy lied. He lied to his viewers about the nature of the court case, if that doesn't raise red flags then honestly I don't know what does. Is he completely fucked in the head or what?
Some people enjoy being lied to and hearing what they want to hear. Sad but true and I think social media is probably making this phenonmenon worse.

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
View attachment 1583018

How can someone be issued a restraining order against someone that they have NOT been convicted of stalking?!
Don't other people get restraining orders where there have not been convictions (i.e. against ex-partners and so on)?

The judge is also reported to have applied the 'civil standard of proof when making the restraining orders'. In other words, the judge was satisfied that, despite the 'not guilty' verdicts on the charges relating to the 4 women, they had indeed felt significantly harassed and there was substantial evidence to warrant some protection for them.

• Sad

Dawn Dayn

VIP Member
Worth checking YT for his video reports of his days in court. He has been allowed to report factually on court proceedings and it is quite fascinating. Whether you you agree with his style or not, he is certainly exposing others for their lack of honesty or clarity of memory....
I've been trying to keep up with his Twitter mentions, seems he is economical with the truth, Vine didn't steal the money etc. I read most of a thread on digital spy on him, hahaha self publicising loon. He seems to cover the covid it's all a plot stuff too, like Katie Hopkins in many ways, she definitely does it just for money, he seems unpleasant with it, casually doxxing callers who've phoned in, and anyone else who annoys him.
Does anyone know how long the trial will go for? I'm guessing he's going to be found guilty, as all the accusations are from his yt and Twitter so he can't seriously deny them. I'm really glad I don't know him, imagine living next door to the little weirdo. 😬

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Having seen the lengths he’s gone to towards harassing Iain Lee I’m with you on that. He’s a very dangerous man who’s managed to dupe a lot of gullible people into believing he’s some kind of persecuted victim, and who will hang off his every word.
I'm sure he mentioned Jim Davidson on one of his videos, either in terms of being friends with him or doing a show with him. JD is an absolute tosser. The fact that AB keeps company with JD and Katie Hopkins says it all, he's not someone I'd respect or want to know.

Reactions: 7

plinky2

VIP Member
What’s the back story? I have seen his videos. He’s very much into conspiracy in the BBC and the police
But then I saw he’s a stalker
So

ohannie

VIP Member
Did the police really bash his door in? Or was that a little white lie too?
They forced entry to seize his computers as part of an investigation of his crimes. They had a warrant and he refused to let them in. If he'd wanted his door to remain in one piece he should have just opened it since they were going in either way. Interestingly he's deleted his videos of this incident and of them "removing their numbers" since they're evidence in one of his two upcoming trials (where he is yet again the defendant).