Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Adawu

VIP Member
Do you truly believe that? If that IS the case it's truly frightening. I will say one thing, when Vine said: "He's the Jimmy Saville of Trolling" I thought he was playing to the gallery. To me, all these 'media luvvies' are narcissistic pricks and desperate attention-seekers. Belfield just rose to become the biggest prick of the lot and possibly a dangerous one. There's only one good thing I can say about Alex ... he never rode around London on a fucking penny farthing deliberately causing problems for traffic. Look at me!!!! Look at me!!!!
As I said I'm not a fan just can't see how he got 5 years and KP who could have killed herself or someone else got community service?

Reactions: 11

CeeThreeTV

This is the kind of attitude towards sentencing that I disagree with. Belfield may have been arrogant but that in itself is not a crime. The key fact is that he showed remourse during the trial. - a quote from Alex's barrister.

I am wondering if emotional opinion influenced and clouded the judgement of legal opinion with this sentencing.
He made a video saying that he was not sorry for anything and he also said that he has never said anything that he did not mean.

You seem to be trying very hard to defend him for some reason.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
When did he show remorse?! As far as I can see he hasn’t shown any at all given by his behaviour.

Nicnac

The total sentence is 5 years and 26 weeks in prison, of which he will serve half, on all 4 charges he was convicted of. The judge has made restraining orders on the four victims.

• Wow
  • Sad

porpoise

FYI those who believe that Belfield's sentence was too harsh: his stalking was sophisticated and calculated, not to mention very public, plus two of his guilty verdicts involved Belfield blackmailing, harassing and stalking people from the LGBTQ+ community for a period that lasted up to NINE years. The latter point is key because targeting such minority groups increased the severity of his crime and culpability, according to sentencing guidelines.

I wrote this article yesterday, which is admittedly long, but might be of interest to those who have followed the case, but might not be aware of the wider context - more than happy to answer questions about it etc.

ohannie

VIP Member
Love him or hate him or indifferent to him this sentence should shock everyone !!!!!
I nearly burst out crying when I saw it. And I think he's a twat.
It could be you next.
And people calling him vile are rejoicing at a man being sentenced for not really doing much harm except by words, compared to other criminals.
We all speak venom about others on Tattle.
I think you're having trouble understanding the difference between talking about someone and sending them endless abuse and threats, encouraging others to harass them and contacting their families and workplaces. It's funny how those who bang on about free speech never seem to be able to comprehend what it actually is.

ohannie

VIP Member
Funny how Alex was so against the BBC yet always had a range of BBC shows on DVD in the background. Also pretended to be against the covid vaccine yet himself received at least two of them. Almost like he'd just say any old shite as long as the hard of thinking paid him for it...

• Haha
The severity of sentencing was also a result, I suspect, of him representing himself, refusing to give evidence, then continuing with his YouTube channel after conviction. I would imagine the judge was wise enough to smell an arrogant so and so who needed to be made an example of. I agree that he is not a very well man in the upstairs department and his followers seem to misunderstand the meaning of free speech. All very fascinating to follow.

ohannie

VIP Member
The key fact is that he showed remourse during the trial. - a quote from Alex's barrister.
He was taking the piss out of witness statements daily on YouTube, how was that remorse? He only said he felt sorry when he was about to be sentenced.

The judge referred to him as "a member of the LGBT community", presumably that is what people are referring to when they say he told them he's gay.

• Wow

bracrumbs

Chatty Member
It’s really really really difficult to become a barrister. Years of training, exceptionally high pass marks to achieve, even then having to be even better than all the other people who achieve the same and, of course, a small element of luck of it all coming together for you.

But hurhur, ‘hurty words’/whataboutpeados/thejudgewastooemotjonal’

bloody hell, he committed a crime that has a recommended sentence - it’s not been pulled out of the ether. Anyone who has spent any time, even on jury service, can tell you that’s just not how it works.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
If he has NPD as I suspect then he is beyond help. He’s very dangerous. The way he went about harassing his victims went way beyond a bit of trolling, it was sustained psychological abuse where he targeted peoples families and tried to destroy businesses over a period of years in some cases. He even targeted the pregnant wife of the guy I linked to above, and sold a photo of her ultrasound scan. He stole photos of their children and put them on his website and in his Youtube videos. I’d argue that prison is the wrong place for him. An old school asylum would be more fitting.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
As I said I'm not a fan just can't see how he got 5 years and KP who could have killed herself or someone else got community service?
Don't forget that great talent of our times 'Ant' of 'Ant and Dec' fame ... lucky not to kill someone while off his head on pain-killers and booze while driving. Now he's on Prime Time Saturday night TV. Goodtimes.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Encouraging others to do the same isn't too clever either.
No It isn’t and Belfield did this as well. Jeremy Vine, Iain Lee and other victims are currently getting lots of abuse on Twitter. It was Belfield that stoked and fanned the flames of this.

Reactions: 10

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I watched some of his Katie Price videos and initally thought he was hitting the nail on the head, I agreed with him and he seemed to be speaking the truth about her bad behaviour when others weren't. Then I realised he had an unhealthy obsession with it, video after video about her multiple times a week which seemed weird, and he referred to Harvey as a "disabled man of color" which I thought was irrelevant to the discussion and made me think he's a bit racist. I also found out he was touring with Katie Hopkins who is an appalling person. After all that, I stopped watching him then.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Yeah, how did he manage this? People can argue about his harsh sentence and that he's been made an example of, but seriously this guy lied. He lied to his viewers about the nature of the court case, if that doesn't raise red flags then honestly I don't know what does. Is he completely fucked in the head or what?

• Wow