Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dawn Dayn

VIP Member
The bits I've read from his current trial are disturbing. Telling the weather girl he wanks over her, basically. His pieces on pricey are odd, the way he describes Harvey. I can't see any conspiracy here, everything he's accused of is on his various social media, no idea what penalty he's facing. Interested to see the outcome of the trial.

Reactions: 10

ohannie

VIP Member
My opinion does mean something actually, I am a citizen of this country.
You being a citizen of this country has no bearing on the jury who concluded that what he sent were threats. You not considering something to be a threat when the law determines that it was makes your opinion irrelevant. If you want to change the decision then perhaps train as a lawyer and convince Belfield to utilise your skills instead of defending himself again if he appeals the decision.

Still not free speech.
The "they're taking away our freedom of speech!" brigade always seem to have trouble understanding what free speech actually means. It's odd... you'd think if you were desperate to keep something you'd actually know what that thing is.

ohannie

VIP Member
Saying that he was part of the LGBTQ+ community doesn't mean anything.
He's gay. It was never a secret, he just didn't mention it on his videos and often made homophobic comments about gay celebrities in order to please his audience, who he quite rightly assumed to be thick and ignorant. He lived with his ex-boyfriend for a few years and was dating a different man back when he worked for the BBC. It seems that in the trial he claimed he couldn't have been harassing one of his victims based on his sexuality because he shares the same sexuality, which the judge quite rightly determined to be nonsense because that's exactly what he'd done.

• Wow

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
Can't say I'm a fan. I watched a few of his videos in lockdown, but he came across as a deeply unpleasant, and I reckon he is prejudiced and maybe a tad racist too. He would call migrants "dinghy divers" which is wholly disrespectful towards human life seemingly in desperate need.

No, not all migrants will be good people, but calling them dinghy divers when innocent young children and families have died trying to cross the English channel is just extremely crass. Hope he learns his lesson after he's punished for his crimes. He needs a wake up call.

Reactions: 9

cheebs

Well, there's your first problem.

Facebook of course is where those with a vast knowledge of the intricacies of law hang out and chat, and not the angry, the bewildered and the foolish.
This is one of the best things I’ve ever read 😆

• Haha

RJF

VIP Member
I haven’t really been following this case very closely. I became aware of Alex Belfield years ago when he’d do interviews with C-listers on his YouTube channel (Loose Women panelists etc). Imagine my shock a few years ago when I came across his channel again and found he was now something of a conspiratorial oddball, yelling about lockdowns.

However, reading about the case today, it seems that he is going to face a custodial sentence for… making videos on YouTube criticising Jeremy Vine. It is said that no physical stalking occurred but they he has been prosecuted for stalking.

That seems very… odd to me. Quite frankly, it seems to set quite a dangerous precedent for any of us who post about ‘celebs’/‘influencers’ on here.

Have I missed something?

Please excuse my ignorance about this topic - there might be something I’ve missed and I’ve no idea what the content of these videos is. It just seems very strange to me that you can go to jail for making videos commenting on the activities of someone in the public eye.

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Comes across as Alex Bellend to me, with some of his antics. Just because he's raised the flag on the less salubrious aspects of media, it doesn't make him a decent human being, considering his 'persistence' in haranguing those who are relatively benign, in terms of influence. Makes me wonder if some of his activities are due to jealousy of those more successful.

ohannie

VIP Member
Evidence?
The tweets are still there if you want to look them up, all the videos of him reading transcripts of the emails he sent and phone calls he made to his victims are there on his own channel. What is all this if not contacting people? Are you feeling okay?

As I posted earlier, Alex said that when he saw the distress of his targets in court he now accepts they were victims and expressed genuine remorse. An odd thing to say if he didn't believe he'd done anything wrong,

ohannie

VIP Member
I think the sentence was very harsh for just slagging people off online. He's just a keyboard warrior best ignored.
While the sentence may have been harsh if it had been "just slagging people off online", there was actually far more to it than that which is why the sentence was what it is.

Good video here from a barrister on why the particular sentence was reached, he goes through it in detail:

Last edited:

BigMavis

VIP Member
Ya. His supporters are framing this very differently
They view him as someone who has challenged p-e-d-o-s and the BBC, they're unhappy he's got a longer sentence than many of them. I have to say I'm uncomfortable with Jeremy Vine relating him to Savile, in my opinion Alex is a complete wanker but that comparison was unnecessary. Unless there is something we don't know.
Are their stalkers we can compare him to?

Wirlesswill

Worth checking YT for his video reports of his days in court. He has been allowed to report factually on court proceedings and it is quite fascinating. Whether you you agree with his style or not, he is certainly exposing others for their lack of honesty or clarity of memory....

Previous good character? 😲

I am joking as I know that means no previous convictions but even a quick Google it seems he was doing this for years and was trouble wherever he went. Although being a difficult character is not a crime it certainly is an indication of likelihood of re-offending i e he doesn't learn. Often with these individuals it's their arrogance that is their downfall. They truly believe they can get away with whatever they please without consequence. He will be genuinely shocked and already writing the story that he is in fact the ultimate victim which his rather odd followers are happy to validate.

It's fascinating to me.

Tofino

VIP Member
Since you ask yes. She's a fucking psycho of the highest order and needs locking up for the safety of all of us..
Well yes, I agree she needs time in prison. Not sure why that would then change your view on another convicted criminal’s sentence when they are totally unrelated. Let’s reduce other people’s sentences because it’s not fair on them when Katie Price isn’t locked up yet? Ridiculous argument.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
So you'll be deleting your Tattle account then?

Just on the off chance that people at THE STATE BROADCASTER might get offended.

A STATE BROADCASTER who regularly sends people to gaol, and harasses countless others (SOMETIMES TO THE POINT OF HOMELESSNESS OR SUICIDE) for not funding the "stars" of STATE BROADCASTER.

Ironic?
No?
Hello Alex 👋 Have they let on the internet for a few hours?

• Sick

ohannie

VIP Member
Not really, I followed the trial and the sentence should shock decent people even if you don't like him.
What's shocking is he chose to represent himself despite being given over £300k in donations to "sue the BBC". He might have been able to shave a couple of months off if a good lawyer dwelled on his self-hating homosexuality and mental health issues.

Wirlesswill

What’s Katie Price got to do with this? It’s completely unrelated. If she had a custodial sentence would it make you feel better about Alex Belfield’s sentence?
Since you ask yes. She's a fucking psycho of the highest order and needs locking up for the safety of all of us..

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Adawu

VIP Member
If Alex is such a danger, then why was he not held on remand after the conviction?

In my opinion, prison should only be used for public safety, to keep dangerous people away from society.

If it was up to me, I would have given Alex 200 hours of community service, a three year suspended sentence and made him pay a victim surcharge and even that sounds harsh for online behaviour of a man of previous good character.
The judge wanted to make an example of him upsetting all those media luvvies. All he was was a keyboard warrior! He was never going to do anything. Was anyone assaulted or robbed? Did he groom any children? The answer is NO but people who do get probation in the courts every day. Look at Katie Price flips a car while disqualified, drunk and high, what does she get? Community service. I'm no fan of Alex Belfield but I do not think he was treated fairly.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I read the linked Twitter thread of Ben Hewis and couldn't find why Alex had such a problem with him. Is Ben famous or something?

Also, did Alex actually contact him directly? I couldn't make that out either from Ben's Twitter post.
He works in the theatre and I believe from some digging I did last night, that he once told people on Twitter not to follow Alex and have nothing to do with him because he’s been harassing some of his colleagues. Alex then waged a hate campaign against him. As he did with anyone who he perceived to have wronged him. Total sociopath.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I think he tempts the hard of thinking to sign up by hinting at being able to say exactly what he wants and not having to comply with YouTube's policies, so I assume it's more extreme racism and homophobia than he usually spouts.
If you’ve seen the audience at any of his shows you’ll see he certainly appeals to a certain ‘demographic’. Mostly late middle aged, bald, overweight white men. The kind of people you’d see at a Roy Chubby Brown or Jim Davidson gig.

• Haha
  • Sick