Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Why are those people who support the likes of Belfield always so obsessed with pedophiles and grooming gangs? Not that those things aren’t awful, but the answer in response to anything not going their way is always ‘yeah but pedophiles‘. It’s very unnerving.

Reactions: 26

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The judge wanted to make an example of him upsetting all those media luvvies. All he was was a keyboard warrior! He was never going to do anything. Was anyone assaulted or robbed? Did he groom any children? The answer is NO but people who do get probation in the courts every day. Look at Katie Price flips a car while disqualified, drunk and high, what does she get? Community service. I'm no fan of Alex Belfield but I do not think he was treated fairly.
Why are you minimising the experiences of his victims? He didn’t just attack ‘media luvvies’ he went for anyone who happened to cross him. That Is not normal behaviour IMO. It’s part of life that some people will upset us on occasion, but the normal adult human response is to let it go and get on with our lives. I’m quite disturbed by all the whataboutery and victim blaming going on with regards to this case and I do have to wonder if Belfield’s sentence has made some people reflect on their own behaviour and they are now shitting themselves? Fact is ‘free speech’ doesn’t entitle you to harass, threaten and cause distress to others.

Reactions: 22

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
If Alex is such a danger, then why was he not held on remand after the conviction?

In my opinion, prison should only be used for public safety, to keep dangerous people away from society.

If it was up to me, I would have given Alex 200 hours of community service, a three year suspended sentence and made him pay a victim surcharge and even that sounds harsh for online behaviour of a man of previous good character.

He has made the lives of so many people hell. Not just Jeremy Vine and Iain Lee but countless others who are now coming forward. He targeted peoples families, their spouses and their children. Even their unborn children. He tried to ruin businesses, livelihoods and professional reputations. He threatened them with legal action, even faking solicitors letters and crime numbers.. and this went on for years. He was relentless. It might not have been physical (I believe he’d have shit himself if someone ever physically stood up to him), but he caused people immense psychological distress. Its long been argued that psychological bullying is far worse than physical, and he knew that. All of this in the guise of ‘free speech’ though ironically he didn’t seem to like others speaking freely about him, as most of these hate campaigns stemmed from little perceived slights that would go over the head of most normal people.

Add to this he also stole thousands of pounds from gullible followers under the guise of paying for his legal fees and used the proceeds to go on luxury holidays to the USA. He is dangerous and unhinged and without a custodial sentence he wouldn’t have stopped his behaviour, we saw this during the trial. Locking him up is the only way to stop him destroying lives, he lacks any moral compass or ability to self reflect and would have carried on IMO.

Reactions: 21

ohannie

VIP Member
If I say I think Jeremy Vine is a smug, self-serving, goading, arrogant prick will he sue me? 😬 ....
No, but if you made false allegations about him to 400,000 people, published his home address and instructioned thousands of people to go after him then he might take you to court 👍🏼

Reactions: 18

Wirlesswill

He's a real marmite character. Know of him professionally but only from distance. Much of what he says is credible but he veers in to dodgy territory especially teaming up with Katie Hopkins on tour. He calls out some obvious toads in the public eye but seems to have no filter.
Confused if I'm honest 🤔

Reactions: 17

ohannie

VIP Member
The general consensus that I have read on Facebook
Well, there's your first problem.

Facebook of course is where those with a vast knowledge of the intricacies of law hang out and chat, and not the angry, the bewildered and the foolish.

It was actually me that provided the court document outlining the sentence, you're welcome. I also posted a video by a barrister explaining exactly why the sentence was given referencing the laws. I don't know if 18 minutes is too long for you, but it's interesting and is probably required watching for anyone with interest in this case.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

ohannie

VIP Member
If Alex is such a danger, then why was he not held on remand after the conviction?

In my opinion, prison should only be used for public safety, to keep dangerous people away from society.

If it was up to me, I would have given Alex 200 hours of community service, a three year suspended sentence and made him pay a victim surcharge and even that sounds harsh for online behaviour of a man of previous good character.
It's not up to you though, you thankfully didn't create the laws and you're not a judge. Some people think prison is not only for keeping dangerous people like Alex off the streets, but also to give them time to realise what they've done and reflect on it so they don't do it again.

The most hilarious part of this is Alex's twice a year trips to the US won't be happening after this. Not that he'd be able to afford then anyway, he'll be bankrupt, but there's no way his visa waiver application will be accepted with this on his record

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15

ohannie

VIP Member
All he was was a keyboard warrior! He was never going to do anything.
You only know someone was never going to do something after they haven't done it. E.g. sending a "I've put a bomb in your building" email even if you had no intention of doing so is "only words" but can cause a legitimate level of panic and chaos, but because it's only words does that make it okay? You can still cause stress and ruin people's lives with the threats you're making towards them, like Belfield did to many people over almost a decade. The whatabouttery of other cases doesn't change anything - if you want stricter sentences for others then campaign for it, it's a different issue.

Reactions: 14

pepe le pew

VIP Member
I could kick myself. I completely believed all his rants and tweets. I believed him when he said he was persecuted by the police, bbc, Vine and all of them. I completely and totally believed him. He made out the court case was going to be him challenging all the big companies and organisations. I didn’t realise it was HIM being pulled into court for HIS actions. I was shocked when I heard the first days evidence and them his upmost stupidity at representing himself and being unwilling to get into the witness box. He completely pulled the wool over my eyes, I almost sent him money!

• Wow
  • Sad

Wirlesswill

New thread for Alex Belfield and his ongoing harassment trial. Relates to Katie Price thread. Waiting for Binfest to arrive.....

Personally in two minds on this person and interested in other opinions...

• Heart

ohannie

VIP Member
Why are those people who support the likes of Belfield always so obsessed with pedophiles and grooming gangs? Not that those things aren’t awful, but the answer in response to anything not going their way is always ‘yeah but pedophiles‘. It’s very unnerving.
You'd think they'd spend their time campaigning for stronger sentences for paedophiles rather than simply using them as whataboutery concerning the jailing of someone whose output they just happened to enjoy. There is detailed information out there about how the exact sentence for Alex was reached - other people "getting away" with shorter sentences doesn't have anything at all to do with that decision.

Reactions: 13

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I don't like him, I did agree with him on some Katie Price matters, but found some of his language strange and unnecessary like when he described Harvey as a "man of colour". Also when I saw he was hanging around with Katie Hopkins that told me all I needed to know

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Anyone defending him needs to read this Twitter thread and hang their heads in shame. This guy wasn’t a celebrity like some of his victims, but Alex launched sustained attack on him and his family encouraged his followers to do the same.

• Wow

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
It's really odd how his supporters always seem to argue that Belfield should be punished less severely just because other crimes received less severe punishments, rather than arguing that those other crimes should be punished more severely. It doesn't make any sense, it's almost like they don't actually care about those things and only care about Belfield getting away with it.
I suspect Belfield’s sentence has made a lot of people reflect on their own behaviour and they’re now completely shitting themselves worrying that the same fate will befall them. A precedent has now been set and people won’t be allowed to get away with merciless trolling, online harassment and doxing anymore.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
His barrister said he is "deeply sorry for what he did".

----------------

Does anyone have a link for where he allegedly claims that he is a homosexual? I can't find anything in the articles.
His barrister would say that wouldn’t he? He’s being paid to try and get him a lenient sentence. Belfield doesn’t give a shit, doesn’t think he’s done anything wrong and didnt think he’d go to prison. I’ve no doubt he’ll continue this kind of behaviour when he gets out as well because in his head it’s all one big conspiracy against him.

Reactions: 12

Squirrelina

VIP Member
I thought I liked him due to his calling out of people like KP. Now, I really don’t think I do. I think he’s extremely right wing. Also being mates with Hopkins puts me right off.

ohannie

VIP Member
If a private parking company asked their Twitter followers to harass you, sent you several hundred emails, encouraged you to kill yourself, made countless videos about you, went to your Facebook and saved your family photos, and called up your family members to humiliate you and boss to ask them to fire you then yes, you could probably use them over it.

He's also got some more civil cases coming up :)

ohannie

VIP Member
You're not sure how falsely telling people you've started legal action against them that can intimidating or make people suffer stress? He also used to tell people they've been reported to the police too, giving out fake crime numbers to shut them down. That kind of thing is considered harassment and is part of the reason he's currently shivering in a cell dreading his first night.

porpoise

There are two quick things that I want to say about this trial. One: it IS active, so please take care with what you post on here and elsewhere, as commenting on certain things risks being found in contempt of court and isn't fair on all parties involved. This page on gov.uk provides good advice.

Two: please also be wary of commenting about anything AB posts on YouTube or elsewhere, as one witness, Mark Williams-Thomas, has tweeted this.