Aldi and Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The plant kitchen range at Aldi is really good, I love the veggie fingers and spicy bean burgers. It's so reasonably priced too.

Reactions: 9
The skin on fries are the best frozen oven chips I’ve tried. Not that I’ve tried loads, but they’re usually rank IMO.

Sourdough pizza are good too.

Reactions: 4
The skin on fries are the best frozen oven chips I’ve tried. Not that I’ve tried loads, but they’re usually rank IMO.

Sourdough pizza are good too.
If you like skin on fries Iceland do some and theyre so good. Also they do 'ridiculously crispy' fries which are also amazing.

Well worth checking out.

Reactions: 2
If you like skin on fries Iceland do some and theyre so good. Also they do 'ridiculously crispy' fries which are also amazing.

Well worth checking out.
The Iceland next to the Aldi I go to is always closed by the time I go. I’ll have a look for them if I ever catch it open.

Reactions: 1
I used to work at a retailers head office and get sent on factory visits. The sausage rolls in M&S were exactly the same product as Lidl. I then moved to work for a food manufacturer and the buying power Aldi and Lidl have is just immense.
I worked in a factory packing these types of products up for a while a few years ago. Only difference was the packaging.
When you tell people though they genuinely don't believe it and would rather spend the extra money at M&S. Many pre-packaged products like ready meals, sausage rolls, sandwiches are the same and a fraction of the price.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I think they're not always the same - sometimes they do alter the recipe and ingredients. I never buy hummus from Aldi or Lidl as theirs have added preservatives whereas all the other supermarkets don't.

I've never seen a catapillar cake in Aldi before or after the m&s legal action, guessing they didn't bring it back for charity this month?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I bought M&S sausage rolls the other week, I usually get Aldi. I don’t eat them but my husband mentioned they were better than the usual ones. I don’t like cold sausage rolls, or microwaved and I’m too lazy to put them in the oven!

Reactions: 3
For me it’s not necessarily about the quality /ingredients of the food.. if it tasted nice and is decent quality not fully of additives etc. I don’t care whether it’s from aldi or M&S. I just don’t like going into aldi which is why I buy M&S

Reactions: 1
The Maris Piper wedges in Aldi in Ireland are the nicest frozen potato wedges I have ever tasted

Reactions: 4
For me it’s not necessarily about the quality /ingredients of the food.. if it tasted nice and is decent quality not fully of additives etc. I don’t care whether it’s from aldi or M&S. I just don’t like going into aldi which is why I buy M&S
I go into M&S and have no idea what to buy. I used to love their pate but they’ve changed the recipe and massively increased the price too. I like the Greek salad boxes. The pasta ready meals are good for the kids...after that I’m stumped. Saying that I did buy the haddock fingers a few weeks back and they were superb.

Reactions: 2
Also the Chinese half duck with pancakes and plum sauce in Aldi is very good. About £2 cheaper than anywhere else.

Reactions: 9
Ah come on what is this amateur hour?

If you are a dedicated duck pancake fiend you will always have a bottle of hoisin sauce in the fridge at the ready !
Plus - extra pancakes from the Asian supermarket - you can get them wrapped in packs of five take a couple out of the freezer and defrost to supplement your duck n pancakes - the Aldi duck is so good. I get two packs for a family of four - we inhale them.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.