Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I went in one day last year (Aldi) and there was a queue forming in the centre aisle so I joined, not knowing what the queue was for. I went home with an electric outdoor heater which was half price. I got the second last one. It’s good for adding warmth to the gazebo when the sides are on.

My gran says that after the war they did the same, joined queues without knowing what was being sold in the shop!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
No ‘influencer’ has ever influenced me like this thread has. Everyone posting in here should be earning commission 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

BashmentLady

VIP Member
I feel like many of us here have been more #influenced by this thread than any of the insta types have achieved, and it's all affordable gear, criticism when necessary, personal opinion and genuine glowing reviews where appropriate.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Wonder if they'll ever do an Aldi rip off of the Gwyneth paltrow fanny one?
I love a thread that can have mighty peas and paltrow’s fanny candles mentioned on one page 😂

this thread is the middle isle of tattle, I love it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Marylou

VIP Member
I won a trolley dash around my local Lidl a few years ago 🙈 It was a few weeks before Christmas so I managed to get some decent bits. I roped my husband and boys in for support and the very kind lady allowed them to help me as I was like a rabbit caught in the headlights 🤣 It did give me a chance to try things I wouldn't normally buy though.

I filled my freezer with turkey, ham and beef, it was good but I prefer the butcher and wouldn't buy from Lidl . Cheese, crisps, coke, 7 up, coffee beans, chocolate and Christmas cake are other things I remember throwing in. It ended up tallying almost €500 and I shared a lot with family and friends. The Christmas fruit cake was vile and I also don't rate their chocolate. I wasn't allowed to pick up alcohol but was given beer, wine and prosecco at the end. It was a fun and memorable occasion, although probably embarrassing for my teenagers 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 22

nbt

VIP Member
Popped into Aldi earlier after being ✨influenced✨

Felt like I was on supermarket sweep, trying to remember items I’d seen here.

Managed to get the pretzel chocolate, garlic and herb dip, fakeaway garlic bread, dirty fries, southern fried chicken burgers, lime tortilla crisps, duck pancakes and the fakeaway nuggets/dip pack. So many points to be had there!

However since catching up here I realised I forgot to look for the mighty bloody peas, so it’d only fair for a penalty to be taken 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 19

coconochanel

VIP Member
Aldi Lentil bites (in the crisp section) are Delicious as are the Racer bars aka aldi snickers.

Mr Sparkle

This is officially my fav thread on here. Tried the Mighty Peas with dinner - YES. Unbelievable. Also has anyone tried the jar of hazelnut cookie chocolate spread? It's dangerously good. I stirred some into my porridge at the weekend and it was heavenly. Unfortunately it can never be repurchased, as I had resorted to eating it in 'teaspoon lolly' form by the end of Sunday night.

• Haha
  • Heart