Aldi and Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

How about a thread for these two?

Interested to try the mochi in Aldi next week, I wonder if some will be dairy free like the little moons brand and if little moons are making them for Aldi? The coconut ones don't seem to be covered in desiccated coconut unlike little moons, I'd pay 20% more for that nevermind the 20% discount Aldi ones are selling for 🙏

0_Mochi-Balls-Lifestyle.png

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Yel

Why are grapefruits in Lidl always so awful? Dry and pithy - impossible to peel and enjoy.

Buying avocados from Lidl is a false economy, so many of the perfectly ripe ones will either never ripen or are brown at the point of sale.

I only really go to lidl for the coconut sugar and cacao orange protein balls
5211042_02.jpg

Reactions: 13
Love this thread - yay!! Lidl’s Deli Coleslaw is really nice - a lot of coleslaws are too creamy and yuck. Theirs is like homemade. I have to admit me and my teens love Lidl’s Marbella Glow fake tan too - I use the Medium shade and it’s nice and golden. Great price and at the rate we go through the stuff - it would want to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Aldi Lentil bites (in the crisp section) are Delicious as are the Racer bars aka aldi snickers.

Reactions: 19
Aldi Southern Fried Chicken mini fillets are as good as if not better than KFC. Great in their seeded brioche burger bun with mayo/lettuce.
Avoid their cheaper goujons though, awful.
The Lidl Southern Fried Chicken mini fillets are not so good, too much coating, and with an overpowering curry powder type taste.
Lidl's packs of frozen berries are better than the Aldi ones, which are always squashed and crushed.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Few things I really like
Honeycomb ice cream! 1.99 big tub
Hot and spicy chicken frozen chicken strips 2.99 big bag
The frozen mango and frozen raspberries I use in smoothies everyday, they are really handy and cheap at 1.49 a bag
Sweet chilli multigrain crisps are really nice too.
The specially selected soups are nice too. Butternut squash and bacon/tomato and chorizo.
I’m a big Aldi fan! 😁

Aldi Southern Fried Chicken mini fillets are as good as if not better than KFC. Great in their seeded brioche burger bun with mayo/lettuce.
The Lidl ones are not so good, too much coating, and with an overpowering curry powder type taste.
Lidl's packs of frozen berries are better than the Aldi ones, which are always squashed and crushed.
Haha we’ve mentioned two of the same things. Yes the raspberries are always quite crushed up but ok for smoothies. I haven’t tried the southern fried chicken. I always go for hot and spicy. Also never have them in a bun with lettuce which sounds great! 😍

Reactions: 2
Aldi’s Butterscotch Almond Crunch Ice Cream No Added Sugar 495 cals a tub @ just under 3€ a tub is honestly the best ice cream ever. I buy four at a time because they always sell out. Highly recommend!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I love the frozen sausage patties from Aldi, we make DIY maccies breakfast muffins with them yum! also the frozen fish burgers are delish, available in tempura batter, southern fried coating or buttermilk batter on a roll with crisp lettuce and tartar sauce or mayo.....yum! also the big bags of apricots are the best value around and are lovely, we go through a fair few for pack ups and the Aldi ones are a fave and less than half the cost of supermarkets for them

Reactions: 11
I love the frozen sausage patties from Aldi, we make DIY maccies breakfast muffins with them yum! also the frozen fish burgers are delish, available in tempura batter, southern fried coating or buttermilk batter on a roll with crisp lettuce and tartar sauce or mayo.....yum! also the big bags of apricots are the best value around and are lovely, we go through a fair few for pack ups and the Aldi ones are a fave and less than half the cost of supermarkets for them
Ooh I bought some of those fish burgers today.

Reactions: 4
I like the fish burgers too! And the Aldi sticky toffee pudding and the new elderflower and gooseberry cider!!

Reactions: 4
I haven't been in either for a long time - at least 2 years. Not to sound like I'm bragging or anything, but I do prefer ocado. Given what I earn, I should be shopping in the likes of Aldi and Lidl to save money, but ocado do so many nice and different food products. I will recommend the crosta & mollica flatbreads from ocado all day, every day. They are delicious. Are Aldi and Lidl considering online shopping?

Reactions: 7
I haven't been in either for a long time - at least 2 years. Not to sound like I'm bragging or anything, but I do prefer ocado. Given what I earn, I should be shopping in the likes of Aldi and Lidl to save money, but ocado do so many nice and different food products. I will recommend the crosta & mollica flatbreads from ocado all day, every day. They are delicious. Are Aldi and Lidl considering online shopping?
Some Aldis do click and collect now but you do need to pay a fiver for it. I go round all the shops but find somethings better at Lidl and Aldi than M&S and vice versa.

I do get a weekly shop from Tesco though as the pandemic has made me even less likely to want to be around people. I wish we had Ocado in Scotland!

Aldi own brand Lotus Biscoff spread is as good as the real thing and a fraction of the price!

Also they do the most amazing feta and red pepper rolls! I’ve not been able to get them for ages, probably a good job because they’d last all of an hour!

I’m going to Aldi tomorrow so I’ll keep these recommendations in mind - love this thread - have I said that already? 😂Anyone try the skin or hair products? I love the:

Lacura Miraculous Leave In Conditioning Spray - it’s like an Aussie Dupe, smells like bubble gum, works a dream - just as good as Revlon One spray which retails at 17€ - the Aldi is like 4€ -

Again, the issues I have is that they are not always available so when I next see it, I’ll stock up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

Yel

In Aldi the 70% buttons are the best new thing recently, they seem to have been on offer for 99p for 3 weeks now. Very thin and perfect for dark chocolate!

nefci8qf7nyybrgqgrsi.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Why are grapefruits in Lidl always so awful? Dry and pithy - impossible to peel and enjoy.

Buying avocados from Lidl is a false economy, so many of the perfectly ripe ones will either never ripen or are brown at the point of sale.

I only really go to lidl for the coconut sugar and cacao orange protein balls
View attachment 566302
I LOVE the protein balls, so tasty! My Nan swears lidl scampi is amazing and won't let me buy her scampi from Tesco anymore, I haven't tasted it. Aldi speciality crisps are the bomb, especially the beef ones

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.