Aldi and Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go into an Asian market and there’s loads of brands of hoisin sauce for dirt cheap. I always buy all my sauces and seasonings from there!
They are such gems of places. I had a Zoom cookery class recently and needed loads of unusual ingredients. Orange blossom water, ground cardamom (not pods, ground, which I didn't know existed) and loads of other stuff. Everything I asked for it was "Yes sir, right over here"

Reactions: 8
They are such gems of places. I had a Zoom cookery class recently and needed loads of unusual ingredients. Orange blossom water, ground cardamom (not pods, ground, which I didn't know existed) and loads of other stuff. Everything I asked for it was "Yes sir, right over here"
during the start of the pandemic when shops used to be pure cleared out of sauces pasta and rice I went to the Asian market in town and it was full of stock and I started going out of my way to shop in it whenever I have the chance.

Reactions: 4
I worked in a factory packing these types of products up for a while a few years ago. Only difference was the packaging.
When you tell people though they genuinely don't believe it and would rather spend the extra money at M&S. Many pre-packaged products like ready meals, sausage rolls, sandwiches are the same and a fraction of the price.
Yeah same as anything packaged as continental chocs that are in mainland Europe for €1.50 but about £6 in M&S made from the same German/Belgian production line. Kingsmill bread is also from the same place as a lot of supermarkets’ owns. Big chain pubs do it too I believe, that’s how I explain the identical sweet potato and chickpea curry that every single chain offers as its veggie option.

Reactions: 6
I am green with envy reading this thread! I live nowhere near a Lidl or an Aldi and would have to drive miles (now that it has become possible for me to drive miles :rolleyes: ) to get to either. The food ideas here are causing severe FOMO - NAY... hostility:m

Dublin is sounding better by the day @Milking Keynes 🤫

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have been in an aldi once, and it traumatised me.. so many people, so much tat in the middle, and I genuinely was concerned my shopping was going through the window at the end of the tills.

We’ve been having a weekly delivery (used to be tesco, now ocado) for 4/5 years now, and I would love to spend less but I just can’t bring myself to do it.

Hoping this thread might convince me...
Hmm, if you hit the middle aisles, it'll be more expensive than your Ocado shop. I had to start doing the Aldi click & collect - can't let myself go inside or I'll come out with a deck chair, new ironing board, hula hoop and inflatable flamingo. 😂

The Aldi Specially Selected Farmhouse yoghurts are my primary reason for shopping there! The lemon curd one is DIVINE.

Aldi chocolate is also the absolute best - that slab of chocolate with the pretzels is just dangerous! Or the dark chocolate slab with hazelnuts. 🍫😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Love aldi!

their thai curry packs are really good and have recently tried the beef brisket, which is also very tasty!

their nappies and wipes are great and good price too.

Reactions: 7
Love aldi!

their thai curry packs are really good and have recently tried the beef brisket, which is also very tasty!

The Thai Green Curry kit is great, very authentic taste.

We had there frozen jacket potatoes last night and they were just as nice as the branded ones, my husband is fussy and even he liked them!
their pom bears are better than the real deal!
Aldi I’m talkin about lol

Reactions: 10
Hmm, if you hit the middle aisles, it'll be more expensive than your Ocado shop. I had to start doing the Aldi click & collect - can't let myself go inside or I'll come out with a deck chair, new ironing board, hula hoop and inflatable flamingo. 😂

The Aldi Specially Selected Farmhouse yoghurts are my primary reason for shopping there! The lemon curd one is DIVINE.

Aldi chocolate is also the absolute best - that slab of chocolate with the pretzels is just dangerous! Or the dark chocolate slab with hazelnuts. 🍫😍
What is the choc with the pretzels called? I think I might need to try that one - for the sake of this thread of course 😉

• Haha
I am green with envy reading this thread! I live nowhere near a Lidl or an Aldi and would have to drive miles (now that it has become possible for me to drive miles :rolleyes: ) to get to either. The food ideas here are causing severe FOMO - NAY... hostility:m

Dublin is sounding better by the day @Milking Keynes 🤫
No Aldi or Lidl near you? This is a travesty... we may have to start a petition, @Oops - this thread must be torture. I’ll send you a food parcel!

It's this one:
View attachment 570560
Highly addictive - you have been warned! 🤣
Wowzers. I’m on it. Thanks ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I was finished with wipes as my babies are teenagers now. I had to start buying them last year again when our puppy arrived. The sensitive ones are great for cleaning her paws after walks and much, much cheaper than special puppy versions from Pets at Home

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was finished with wipes as my babies are teenagers now. I had to start buying them last year again when our puppy arrived. The sensitive ones are great for cleaning her paws after walks and much, much cheaper than special puppy versions from Pets at Home
yeh they are useful for everything! having tried huggies and pampers wipes when i couldnt get my handa on aldis wipes, i was disappointed, felt they weren’t wet enough and didnt clean well

Yes, I agree. They seem to be out of stock on the scented nappy disposal bags, though, both stores. They are good quality pooper scoopers so I miss them. The Dealz (Poundland in the UK, I think) are not as good quality but have the advantage of being black, which is a good idea considering 😂.

yeh they are useful for everything! having tried huggies and pampers wipes when i couldnt get my handa on aldis wipes, i was disappointed, felt they weren’t wet enough and didnt clean well
Ooh, Huggies wipes are awful. Very likely to get a finger going through which is enough to ruin your day.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.