Aldi and Lidl #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So you can air fry a pizza?? Interesting to know 😉
I have been doing the little snack size ones in an air fryer for years, long before air fryers became a thing 😇 - 4 minutes on 160 is the sweet spot for mine. They come out lovely!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have been doing the little snack size ones in an air fryer for years, long before air fryers became a thing 😇 - 4 minutes on 160 is the sweet spot for mine. They come out lovely!
I'm loving my air fryer but I am still getting to grips with it and trying not to rinse Iceland constantly. Going to give your tip a go later though. Thank you so much.

Reactions: 3
Months back, possibly Xmas time, we had a discussion on here I think (or could have been the M&S thread 🤦‍♀️) about coffee chocolate - anyhow I picked these up in Iceland today for £1.25, haven’t tried them yet as I’m still full to burst after tea but I saw them on an Instagram account who said that they were very like the old coffee creams from Roses. There was another lady who was very enthusiastic about coffee chocolate so I felt I had to share !!View attachment 2340574
I think this might have been me too, as I was trying to find the coffee chocs in every Aldi and Lidl near me. Thanks so much for posting this! I knew they were in Poundland (and haven't had any luck finding them yet) so will check in my local Iceland!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm loving my air fryer but I am still getting to grips with it and trying not to rinse Iceland constantly. Going to give your tip a go later though. Thank you so much.
Buy the skin on fries from Aldi and do them in the air fryer. Next level oven chips.

Reactions: 10
So you can air fry a pizza?? Interesting to know 😉
Only pizzas in the air fryer section at Iceland will airfry no others will 🙈😂 I tried it but the bottom was a bit soggy. Next time I’ll preheat it as when I do them in the oven I preheat the pizza tray while making the pizza so the bottom at least starts cooking a little bit.
---
I pre cut a big one and arranged the slices to fit. It was only me eating it so didn’t need a whole one, one day I’ll make my own and make it the shape of my air fryer basket. Or maybe supermarkets will start selling square air fryer pizzas for convenience.

Can my fellow coffee choc lovers please send good vibes for finding those Fry’s bars thanks ❤ I have various ‘bargain shops’ to try 😆

I haven’t set food in Aldi for weeks now. Been using Sainsbury’s with their nectar / smart shop prices and the quality is much better too. Lidl still draws me in with their bakery sometimes, I am weak to resist.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can my fellow coffee choc lovers please send good vibes for finding those Fry’s bars thanks ❤ I have various ‘bargain shops’ to try 😆

I haven’t set food in Aldi for weeks now. Been using Sainsbury’s with their nectar / smart shop prices and the quality is much better too. Lidl still draws me in with their bakery sometimes, I am weak to resist.
Sainsbury's prices do seem comparatively OK at the moment. The product lines just seem to be dwindling week by week at my local Lidl - a few of my regular buys have just disappeared. I, too, have to keep going for the bakery, though 😬 Nothing beats a Lidl toffee yum yum.

Good luck with those Fry's bars.

• Heart
Sainsbury's prices do seem comparatively OK at the moment. The product lines just seem to be dwindling week by week at my local Lidl - a few of my regular buys have just disappeared. I, too, have to keep going for the bakery, though 😬 Nothing beats a Lidl toffee yum yum.

Good luck with those Fry's bars.
I’ve noticed that too, but I do think that most are being rebranded AGAIN! seems to be the same every year or 2 they have a chunk disappear from shelves etc and then comes back weeks later with new packaging and everything fully stocked. It’s really annoying but like you I stay because of the bakery 😂😂

Reactions: 1
M&S do this style of pizza really well, but this one from Aldi is very good, about £3, bit of a kick to it too.
(I left it in the AirFryer a minute too long 😁 )
View attachment 2344670View attachment 2344672
Those above are £2.69 - I buy the bigger soughdough based ones that are £3.99 and I buy every week - cut them into 3 pieces so they fit into my 2 drawer air fryer - cut off one across the bottom which will fit in the drawer then slice the next piece the other way (down it) and wrap them in cling film. He has one for lunch over 5 days. Airfry 200 for about 6 mins or until it looks cooked.
---
I bought a couple of the Essential things yesterday - the salmon was good for the pasta dish I cooked it in but would not grill it - not very "robust" but the taste was good. Next the Rice Pudding - it was awful - not expecting much for 26p but thought I would give it a go - not much rice and too much liquid which bubbled out of a big dish in the microwave.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Was in B&M earlier and they had 3 packs of fry’s coffee cream bars there

• Wow

I found them in Home Bargains

I found them in Home Bargains
Thank you! Just found them in my local HB. There was stacks of them. Had to resist multiple packs in case I don’t like it 😆 No doubt I’ll be coming back tomorrow after I’ve tried one…

I may have done a little Iceland order mostly for the coffee creams. Hopefully I shall regret nothing.

• Haha
The garlic bread crisps are delish.....BUT my husband said to me "What on earth have you been eating? You smell disgusting!" 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Are the garlic bread crisps, flavoured crisps or are thery like those Phileas Fogg garlic bread things from the late 1980? Mignons?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.