Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pecan

Chatty Member
I grabbed one of Lidl’s cotton tote bags at the checkout cos I realised I’d got too much for my one bag. I liked the cotton plant pattern I thought it was cute. Only when I went to pack my shopping at the shelf did I see on the other side it says; “darling, we’re almost out of inflatable kayaks” and I just stood there having a chuckle to myself. Great marketing 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Proud owner of the Lidl steamer as from 5pm. Also got my mother some watercolour pencils as she's disabled and can't leave the house. And snaffled the very last chocolate brownie.

Successful work!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I popped into Aldi today for the dupes and it turned into a bloody wild goose chase.
Think they've decided to wind up the punters for a laugh or else foil the shoplifters.
Usually beauty is kept all in one place. Today they decided to dot the dupes all over the store in the oddest of places.
So a lot of screeching to a halt with trolleys and reversing. You could see people legging it to the beauty section and then manically racing round the store and looking in people's trolleys. I had to hide my stash under some large naan bread fgs!!!!🤷
I was looking at some of the dupes and I could feel the vultures descending behind me, so I had to chuck it all in my trolley then scuttle off somewhere safe to put my glasses on and see what I'd got.🙄
I ended up with the rose balm, rose spray and a skinny perfume called Floral Noir et Blanc which was sealed so I couldn't test it. 😠
When I was putting my trolley back I turned round to what I can only describe as Pitbull face. Honestly some of these shoppers are so aggressive. I scuttled off to the car before I got mugged for my stash. 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
That’s the second time I’ve bought aged sirloins from Lidl. They are easily as good or better than any restaurant steak.

I bashed them down with a rolling pin to about half inch thick. I then coated them with olive oil with black pepper, thyme and garlic powder, and sprinkled on Schwartz steak seasoning. Very hot grill pan, 3 mins first side, 2 mins second side, small knob of butter on top once turned. While they were resting fried mushrooms in the juices. Served with oven baked potatoes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

ohdoris

VIP Member
Months back, possibly Xmas time, we had a discussion on here I think (or could have been the M&S thread 🤦‍♀️) about coffee chocolate - anyhow I picked these up in Iceland today for £1.25, haven’t tried them yet as I’m still full to burst after tea but I saw them on an Instagram account who said that they were very like the old coffee creams from Roses. There was another lady who was very enthusiastic about coffee chocolate so I felt I had to share !!
991FDD34-08C8-4E61-A4A6-D05D34BE9F11.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Yel

Chatty Member
£5 off on £25

Open your Lidl plus app, go to More —> Redeem code and enter code RHS23 to get coupon for £5 off on £25 spend.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

chickhicks86

VIP Member
The garlic bread crisps are delish.....BUT my husband said to me "What on earth have you been eating? You smell disgusting!" 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Elle Woods

VIP Member
My local Aldi has just installed self checkout and I used it this morning. Omg it was nice to checkout at my own pace and not have stuff flung at me at high speed :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 19

HEC1993

Chatty Member
I had to take my baby to a hospital appointment this morning so I knew I’d have a hard day so I went into Lidl and treated myself to an almond croissant AND a chocolate hazelnut one and demolished them both within minutes. 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 19

rivermonster

VIP Member
My husband was diagnosed a few months ago with Parkinsons and have found that the Aldi Micro mashed potatoes, swede and carrot and cauliflower cheese are a godsend . They are easy to eat for him and to be honest they taste nice.
I love the Cauli cheese.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Yel

Chatty Member
£5 off £25 voucher in Lidl app, go to more then enter code FEELGOOD

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Eyes Wide Open Now

Chatty Member
Lidl bakery toffee yum yum’s are elite 😍
I haven’t had one for ages though, I try and avoid Lidl and stick to Aldi while I’m trying to lose weight as that bakery sucks me right in and I have the willpower of a 6 year old in a Cadbury factory 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17

mochibean

VIP Member
can I ask how you find working at Aldi if you don’t mind please? I’m thinking of getting a part time job and have seen my local store offering 10 hour contract which would be perfect! I’m petite though and it’s putting me off as I’ve heard you have to push pull lift etc! Not shy of graft it’s just the physical side x
It can be physical but it's not hard at all, you lift everything with the pallet trucks which are easy to push and pull, the only heavy things to carry are tins and alcohol but they go straight on the shelf so you're not holding them for long. My work bestie is petite as well she's 5'2 and a size 4 and she can manage just fine so I'd not let that put you off.

It's my last day today but I highly recommend it, best pay in terms of supermarkets, paid breaks, and very flexible contract options. I've done 3 years at Aldi and it's been a great experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

pecan

Chatty Member
Double post sorry but I just need to echo what some others have been saying about Aldi / Lidl fruit and veg. This morning I've thrown away an entire punnet of red grapes from Aldi, only bought them yesterday and the bottom was thick with mould when I lifted them out the punnet. Been to Lidl this morning, asparagus tips on offer so I grabbed some. Got home and noticed an awful smell. Open the packet and they're totally mushy and covered in slime! 😠😤

• Sad
  • Angry

Pinkfoxxie

How does the booty cream smell? Is it as good as the original bum bum cream?
I have a little tub of bum bum cream and when I did a comparison it didn’t seem much different if at all really, I’m gonna try it out properly later after a shower. 😁
---
I want the bum bum cream 😭 I was gonna ask the guy in Aldi if they have it somewhere at the back but couldn't make myself ask for the booty balm 🤣
The lady who scanned my shopping was looking at it and asked what is this?? 😂 the next thing she scanned was some mustard and she advised me not to mix them up 😂

• Haha

Crazycatty

VIP Member
Anyone else I go to aldi 2 - 3 x a week for top up bits because it's 5 min walk from my house.. us anyone else finding the prices are rising every time I'm actually finding morrisons cheaper for certain things
Definitely think the ‘cheaper’ supermarkets are now taking the p*as and using the cost of living crisis as an excuse to raise prices. Egg noodles in Lidl used to be 55p and now they’re 95p. You can’t tell me an increase of nearly 90% is necessary?!

• Heart
  • Sad