Aldi and Lidl #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread for all the Aldi and Lidl chat ✨

Mod edit, best to leave it blank if no title suggestions - else we get people complaining

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8
Thanks @Lolly505
Lidl's Christmas 19p a bag veg starts this Thursday. Does anyone know when Aldi's starts and how much it will be?
I'm going to try to stock up on as much veg for dinners next couple of weeks. I am seriously lacking my 5 a day lately!

Reactions: 2
I've not posted in this thread for ages, but just wanted to recommend the Aldi Cremant (I'm sure it's been mentioned). It's delish and a lovely treat for over the festive season!

Thanks @Lolly505
Lidl's Christmas 19p a bag veg starts this Thursday. Does anyone know when Aldi's starts and how much it will be?
I'm going to try to stock up on as much veg for dinners next couple of weeks. I am seriously lacking my 5 a day lately!
According to Martin Lewis, Aldi is 19p each from Sunday 18 - Saturday 24 December

According to Martin Lewis, Aldi is 19p each from Sunday 18 - Saturday 24 December
Ive just called and got swede and carrots for 19 p each. They also had a 30% off basket full of different veg. These were the 19p items:-
We guarantee to match the lowest price (excluding multi-buys and any promotional prices) on Carrots 1kg, Parsnips 500g, Brussel Sprouts 500g, White Potatoes 2kg, Swede each, White cabbage each and Red Cabbage each in UK supermarkets between 18/12/2022 and 23/12/2022. Prices checked daily at Asda, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Morrisons and Lidl. Price changes may take a few days to come into effect. If you can provide a proof of lower price (excluding multi-buys and any promotional prices) at any of these supermarkets on the date of your purchase we will match that price.
I got the pigs in blankets crisps someone on here mentioned.
Felt sorry for the frail elderly people shopping but other customers were lovely telling them what the 19p offering was when they looked in their trolley and saw they'd missed it and the staff were lovely if they dropped and smashed anything as they can't pick stuff up in a rush.
I popped in to Home Bargains and got some scampi fries by Smith's (reminded me of my youth 😊).

Reactions: 6
Bought spicy pigs in blankets crisps from Aldi for a snack on a coach journey and only just opened them. Wish I had opened them before we left so I could have stocked up. They are my favourite crisps ever but don't suppose they will be there when we get home.

Reactions: 4
Bought spicy pigs in blankets crisps from Aldi for a snack on a coach journey and only just opened them. Wish I had opened them before we left so I could have stocked up. They are my favourite crisps ever but don't suppose they will be there when we get home.
Yes, I have been meaning to come on and thank the person who recommended these from the bottom of my heart. 😍💕♥

Reactions: 3
Disappointed with both Aldi and Lidl this year as neither stocked their hot chocolate when they, Lidl especially, have been for the past few years.

Has anyone braved going into Aldi and Lidl after Christmas?
Is it empty of people/stripped bare or heaving with people and provisions?
Also anyone got a bargain to brag about? 😄

Been today. Same as normal no bargains.
On another note does anyone know when Aldi will bring their mascara back out? It’s my favourite one and a lot better than more expensive ones.

I went to Lidl earlier, fair few people milling around. Still very cheap Xmas vegetables like parsnips, carrots, swede etc but I was on a mission to get milk so didn't browse.

Been today. Same as normal no bargains.
On another note does anyone know when Aldi will bring their mascara back out? It’s my favourite one and a lot better than more expensive ones.
Actually that's good to hear, I have an eye infection so should probably bin my expensive mascara so a more reasonably priced one would be good.

Went into Aldi in my local town yesterday morning expecting it to be heaving (considering it was shut on Boxing Day) but it was dead - about 5 people max. My daughter works there during holidays from Uni and she said there were only two tills open all day. I thought they’d be queuing at the door to get in, it’s usually a really busy shop 🤷🏻‍♀️

Has anyone been able to find the Creed women's dupe in Aldi. I go to my local store once a week and I have never seen this in there yet.

Has anyone been able to find the Creed women's dupe in Aldi. I go to my local store once a week and I have never seen this in there yet.
I couldn't find perfume dupes recently so I asked and they brought me them out from the back.

Which ones did you go for and would you recommend as I'm thinking of trying some when I see them in store.
Tattle people were raving about the Angel dupe but I've never tried it. I plumped for the Floral Love out of the choice of three I was offered and I love it! It lasts over a week possibly cos it's eau de parfum. Am now wishing I'd bought all three as they were only £5.99 each. You probably can't get them now as it was before Christmas. 😟

Tattle people were raving about the Angel dupe but I've never tried it. I plumped for the Floral Love out of the choice of three I was offered and I love it! It lasts over a week possibly cos it's eau de parfum. Am now wishing I'd bought all three as they were only £5.99 each. You probably can't get them now as it was before Christmas. 😟
I got the Floral Love one too. Ordered one online but never saw them in store. Smells lovely, use it every day.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.