Aldi and Lidl #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Treat myself to the chocolate/peanut flavour faux Bailey's from Aldi yesterday and it's so nice! Like a drinking a purreed Reece's cup 🤤.

Reactions: 9
Went to Lidl earlier today, spent my £5 off £25 spend voucher (Thank you !) my daughter picked up the “dupe” mint aero. It’s bloody awful :sick: I love mint chocolate but that was awful. Like toothpaste flavoured. Had to pick up a mint twirl from the coop for later to help me cope with the disappointment!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Erm... <interest wanes>
From what I've heard those inflatable kayaks get punctured quite easily. Not what you want from a kayak lol
Maybe if you only take it out on a canal or something but, if it's like the one near me, you could easily encounter a shopping trolley or similar and get a puncture 😅

Reactions: 4
From what I've heard those inflatable kayaks get punctured quite easily. Not what you want from a kayak lol
Maybe if you only take it out on a canal or something but, if it's like the one near me, you could easily encounter a shopping trolley or similar and get a puncture 😅
Oh dear, back to the drawing board

I got my carrots from Home Bargains this time, and days later they are still dry and not sweating and rotten as the Aldi ones were when I unpacked my shopping at home.
Worth the 4p more I paid for them. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Aldi has become so expensive now. I've stopped going and have been getting Asda online deliveries and I'm finding my shopping is at least £20 cheaper each week, plus I find Asda always deliver meat with really long dates on which is handy as I only shop once per week. I will pop to Aldi maybe once a month to get the few things from there that I do like. My local Aldi I can never buy meat from because the dates on the shelf are rubbish and you barely even get 3 days! The fruit and veg goes off really quick too.

Reactions: 6
I did quite well at Lidl this morning - shop came to £12 odd after a discount of £6 odd - free snaktastic meaty crisps (£3.99) and free sweet bun, then discounts on olives and tuna.

Reactions: 5
The Aldi dupe of bum bum cream does not smell that much like the original. I compared the two yesterday side by side. The Aldi one smells biscuity to me while the original is more caramel like.

Reactions: 3
The Aldi dupe of bum bum cream does not smell that much like the original. I compared the two yesterday side by side. The Aldi one smells biscuity to me while the original is more caramel like.
I agree they don't smell alike. I can't really see much similarity tbh. But I find the Aldi one quite moisturising and not sticky which is nice

Oooh I bought some of those ham & cheese rolls, haven’t tried them yet though.

I miss the Lidl bakery wheel 😂 it’s gone back to scratch cards now and I won 30% off walnuts 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.