Aldi and Lidl #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's probably already been mentioned, but Lidl's Henry hippos are good Percy pig dupes...

Is anyone else excited about Aldi's peanut butter and chocolate cream drink?
I actually prefer Henry the hippo 😂 much better flavour and texture and so much cheaper.

Reactions: 2
What do people think about the Lidl offer for an inflatable kayak with paddle (expires tomorrow)?

There's a canal nearby so I'm semi tempted...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love the Aldi mint crème chocolate! It’s cheap, but like a giant After Eight! 🤤

Reactions: 7
Does anyone know if all of the current beauty bits in Aldi (lip oil, satin pillowcases etc) are only available this week?

Reactions: 1
Finally managed to get a lip oil from Aldi (the clear one). It has good staying power - can still feel it on my lips after a morning of meetings and drinking tea - but it's a lot thicker than I was expecting. Feels more like a gloss than an oil to me. Also mine smells minty, but i've asked a friend and they've said theirs doesn't - did anyone else detect any mint in theirs?

I got the bum bum cream, smells good. Also the Olympia perfume dupe is good.

Also got the CD lip oil dupe. My daughter has the real … here’s them together.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
I'd say yes - it doesn't cost anything and then means that you get money off vouchers.
(Often 15% off certain products)
The one I use the most is 30% off bakery after 7pm. You just need to remember to load the offers onto the card

Is it worth getting lidl plus?
Yes absolutely! Obvious it's Lidl's advantage to see what you're buying, by scanning the app, but the money off vouchers are quite good. I've got 20% off women's clothes, 15% off pizzas and a couple more that I will actually use at the moment. Some of them are a bit random though. Then of course there are the bakery freebies at the moment, and the other offers when you get a certain spend threshold.

I am finally out of my Lenor frosted eucalyptus scent boosters :cry: I am sure Aldi do their own version with a nice enough smell. Has anyone tried them and have any feedback please?

Does Lidl have any good filter coffee, does anyone know?

I love the salmon and shrimp sushi packs from Lidl. And their poke bowls.

I just got a pack of 30 (THIRTY) packets of crisps free from Lidl thanks to my Lidl card today. Given I live with permanently ravenous teenagers and man, this is freebies beyond my wildest dreams.

I also got two free choc croissants today thanks to this card. Whoever's in charge of that utterly shite Sparks card at M&S needs to realise GOOD FREE STUFF is what keeps cardholders coming back. Also take note Waitrose, whose card I have long since relegated to being my in-car ice scraper.
---
Just had a message from Lidl that I've saved £15 through app offers this month, so I would say it is! Though most of the giveaways are junk like crisps and bakery things!
Agree, I am having to exercise massive restraint although I did stumble today when one of the teens I was planning to give the pain au chocolat to was already out of the house by the time I got home with it.

Reactions: 13
I don't know if this has been mentioned but lidl cookie dough ice cream is just divine!!

Reactions: 3
Aldi do a big bottle of the caramel iced joe coffee and it’s just divine 😅 I always get the cold latte macchiato but I think that’s gonna get forgotten about now ha

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.