Adam The Woo #17 Every Day Is A Cheat Day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's when you hear all these stories about all these places Adam worked - Walmart, the feed store, and in this vlog he says he worked at Staples for FIVE YEARS - that's when you start to understand how old he already was when he started YouTube.
Wait, he worked at Staples now for FIVE years? Has he ever said this before? I sure as hell don't remember that.

Wasn't he touring with Guttermouth at some point too? When the hell did he work all of this while being in the band? I don't think he was in the band when he was initially doing YouTube, was he? I can't remember.

He's becoming like Jenn Tracker and her "I was sandblasting jukebox glass at the age of 14" these days. :ROFLMAO:

Also, this is who David still fancies himself as...a little boy. BTW, this is really him. I stumbled upon an ol' JWWOnTheMove vlog the other day.

1716496522006.png

1716496575639.png

Always making weird faces in pics, even at the birth of his baby sister. But I can kinda forgive him, as he's a child here. He's not a child anymore.

1716496614390.png

Mom is the only normal one in the bunch.

1716496673396.png

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
It's when you hear all these stories about all these places Adam worked - Walmart, the feed store, and in this vlog he says he worked at Staples for FIVE YEARS - that's when you start to understand how old he already was when he started YouTube.
I went back and watched some of his vlogs from 2016 when he first started editing them, and even BACK THEN he would mention working at Staples for five years.

Reactions: 2
Probably not a great trend, David.
Want to talk about those residuals again? :rolleyes:

View attachment 2952870

If I'm reading those charts correctly, he is doing far better than I'd expect him to be doing.

The first one shows gained views -- Doesn't that mean that he's getting 2M more viewers this month than last? Or is it simply showing total views by month?

Even the subscription chart paints a more optimistic picture than I'd expect. It's tough to understand the quantification, but it is a little bit amazing to me that it's positive at all. That means that some people who haven't been following the guy previously saw some bullshit vlog where he bumbles through Epcot or talks to squirrels and said: "Yes. This is good content, and I want to see more of it in the future. I will subscribe."

I can understand his long-time viewers continuing to watch out of force of habit, but it blows my mind that he's attracting new viewers and subscribers with his current content.

Reactions: 1
If I'm reading those charts correctly, he is doing far better than I'd expect him to be doing.

The first one shows gained views -- Doesn't that mean that he's getting 2M more viewers this month than last? Or is it simply showing total views by month?

Even the subscription chart paints a more optimistic picture than I'd expect. It's tough to understand the quantification, but it is a little bit amazing to me that it's positive at all. That means that some people who haven't been following the guy previously saw some bullshit vlog where he bumbles through Epcot or talks to squirrels and said: "Yes. This is good content, and I want to see more of it in the future. I will subscribe."

I can understand his long-time viewers continuing to watch out of force of habit, but it blows my mind that he's attracting new viewers and subscribers with his current content.
It doesn't appear to be a year-over-year analysis, just how many total views his channel has received over that period of time. That's the benefit he's getting from daily vlogging - even with decline daily views, his videos over the last 30 days have pulled about 1.7M views in all.

That said - according to the Social Blade data - he's pulled 2.2M total over the last 30 days which means his "back catalogue" only garnered ~500k views. And that's why the daily vlogging won't go away.

Reactions: 9
His Mickey shirt is a size Large. Maybe he will shrink into it with his weight loss.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It doesn't look like Adam's views are cratering, but some of his recent videos haven't been reaching his average view count ( 50K ), and yeah it is weird a lot of these vloggers get any views at all considering how stale their content can be. I found this article that explores the phenomena of watching strangers boring lives on the internet:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is Adam being sarcastic when he talks about residuals? All he needs to do is look at his original channel to see what happens when you aren't constantly pumping out new content:
1716558330401.png

As others have pointed out the broom handle to the TV experiment seems to be a bust for him:

1716558661858.png

This dude pulled in some serious views back in the day:
1716558717624.png

And based on comments he still gets views on those videos but by the Social Blade stats above not enough to make a retirement income on.

Reactions: 11
Is Adam being sarcastic when he talks about residuals? All he needs to do is look at his original channel to see what happens when you aren't constantly pumping out new content:
View attachment 2954640

As others have pointed out the broom handle to the TV experiment seems to be a bust for him:

View attachment 2954652

This dude pulled in some serious views back in the day:
View attachment 2954653

And based on comments he still gets views on those videos but by the Social Blade stats above not enough to make a retirement income on.
It surprises me that Adam believes he can live off of YouTube "residuals" since he is uniquely positioned to know what a dormant YouTube channel pays out -- he has a dormant YouTube channel of his own! He has roughly 10x more videos on his daily channel, so maybe he's assuming that it will pull in 10x the revenue... but even then, it doesn't look like enough to fund the lifestyle he's built. That's why I think that he must have been saving diligently during his van-dwelling days to be able to consider hanging it up (or scaling back significantly).

I've often wondered whether a YouTube channel could be sold. It's probably against Google's/YouTube's terms of service, but the idea isn't that far-fetched. A small business owner could choose to sell their shop, restaurant, service, etc to a new owner in whole or in part when the original owner decides that they no longer want to run the day-to-day operations. A channel pre-loaded with a large back catalog and a long subscriber list would be incredibly valuable to a new wannabe vlogger just starting out. Just imagine Li'l Woo (Tampa Jay) salivating over the opportunity to take over his mentor's channel!

Reactions: 6
Adam heads back to the WDW teat, because when he's at the home base it's never more than a week between visits. He also needs a view boost, which WDW would normally provide, and it probably will this time too, although the effect may be muted. But using the word "neutered" as the second word in the title probably isn't going to help the cause - what an odd choice.

Yes, it's back to MGM Hollywood Studios from Adam to once again lament and weep what it has become, his former favorite theme park. Adam explains that he's there to see the Indy Stunt Show this afternoon (yes, it's already the afternoon, but I'm sure he spent the morning working on his health and making or attending medical appointments, right?). He complains about how this show has had a lot of changes made to it, and they aren't good ones. It's so bad now, he's going to see it TWICE and take you along! What a way to pull in the viewers and get them to stay.

But first Adam has to show that he's wearing his "official" Indiana Jones hat, the one he pulls out once every 2 years (if that). Then it's right into the "routines": he's walking and not taking the tram, but he films the tram (he has to settle for just the tram as there's no monorail here). Adam ranks his theme park stunt shows as #1 Waterworld and #2 Indy. I guess he can't rank the Bourne Stuntacular 😉.

Also, in case you didn't know, Adam's International Travels aren't just going to include Disney parks, they will also include Universal Studios international properties as well. He seems to indicate he will be doing Disney and Universal International parks in 2025. Sounds like an awful lot to take on. And then after that, remember that he will be just flat out traveling internationally with no theme parks involved at all. These are the promises of Adam the Woo, and we know he always keeps his promises.

Adam uses one of his favorite words while walking in to the park - nothing is ever a mound, a hill, an embankment, etc. It is always, and will always be, a berm. He loves, loves, loves the word "berm". Technically a berm borders a river or canal, so throw this on the heap of words Adam frequently uses incorrectly. I wonder what would be bigger, that pile of words used incorrectly or his pile of Disney pins?

He complains about the heat and then looks at merch. While he does so, he lists the changes to the show that he's sooooo upset about:

- audience members not being part of the show anymore
- no Nazi imagery, so he knows who the "evildoers" are
- no swords
- no guns
- no one dies, "they just run off"

Adam seems very, very upset about all these things. Like, almost as if executives from Disney Parks came to the Woomansion, snuck into his garage and pooped on the seat and in the trunk of the clown car. Really works himself up about it. If I was in the store, I'd be freaked out about this guy ranting to himself about Nazis while filming the merch. He asks his camera if he can buy the Indy whip and "wield it in the queue line for the show."

He points out the Indy "role play set" and says "you can either play with that in the park or take it home and have some fun with your significant other if you so choose." Gotta love that preacher's son mentality on this family friendly channel.

Apparently the "queue line" at Starbucks was too long (probably a whole 15 mins!), and we know Adam doesn't care what coffee he drinks or what it tastes like, as long as it has caffeine and is scalding hot. So he mobile orders coffee from the ABC Commissary and calls it a "hack" :rolleyes:

He heads into the show and it seems his only goal is to remind you of everything that he previously mentioned as being wrong with it. He snickers when he mentions the overhead fans are built by the company named "Big Ass Fans". You can tell Adam just got a coffee and is gulping it down, because he begins to just quickly yap non-stop. If I was sitting next to him and I was there on a once in a lifetime vacation, I'd kill myself.

And because he's hopped up on caffeine, he feels the need to narrate the show even though the show needs no narration because the show already has narration. No one needs Adam mumbling into the camera, "here come the stunt actors" as the stunt director is introducing the stunt actors.

Enjoy Adam as he talks over the show and tells you what he still likes and what he doesn't like about the show now, his thoughts about the Indy movies, etc. He just repeats over and over again about the audience not being part of the show anymore. "They used to pick 10-12 people from the audience before, now we all stay in out seats", he drones in his low, I'm speaking on an airplane-style voice. The audience at this show is 2000 people. So they used to pick half of one percent of the audience to stand there and do nothing but clap, point and wave their arms around. This is what Adam is upset about? "Now we all stay in our seats?" What a miserable, sad, bitter old man. His comments throughout are actually incredibly obnoxious and had to be annoying to the people around him. For example, saying they aren't recording the audiences laughs, it's just a "bit" to distract while they move something out of the way, "spoiler alert, sorry" says Adam. Adam is an expert at "bits" now, you know.

Adam's camerawork is horrific during this show. He's often too zoomed in even though he's in the front row, the zoom+caffeine makes the shots very shaky, and his camera doesn't have very good stabilization because it's so old.

"There are no guns in the show" said Adam as we see this on top of the truck and bullet sounds and effects are everywhere
1716567927663.png

Also, the very large "bad guy" (gosh, how can you tell if he's not wearing a full Nazi uniform?) dies by getting obliterated to pieces by the plane engine propeller, so I guess they don't all "run off" when they die, eh?

As the show ends, he then says it is "so dang good, so dang good", even without guns and Nazi uniforms and swords??? After the show is over, Adam realizes they let you hang out if you want and as they reset the stage, he gets his awful thumbnail when the boulder set piece is very close to the front row
1716568087407.png

Then, AFTER WHINING NON-STOP FOR 25 MINUTES THAT THEY CHANGED THE SHOW FROM HIS YOUTH, he says in a voiceover that "they should probably re-do it, it's been the same jokes and stunts for 3 decades." Dude, make up your damn mind.

Outside, he again mentions he has a video where he "proves" the tank outside the show is "screen-used" from one of the movies, because he did the work and matched it up "with the rivets and everything" :rolleyes:. Then he says that other vehicles outside the show are also "probably" screen-used as well. One can only wonder why he doesn't bother to "do the work" on those as well and figure it out. Perhaps he's too lazy now?

Adam then says "I'm not downplaying the show at all." Uh, yes, yes you are. You just spent the entire show downplaying it, except for the very beginning and the very end. Complained, complained, complained. "It just needs a little tweaking, a couple little twerks here and there." Freudian slip, anyone?

He needs a refreshing drink between shows and goes for his favorite - Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade
1716569008763.png

I guess Adam was all out of words during the second show, and the only thing he could come up with was sitting on the opposite side and tilting the camera like this
1716569390401.png

He films many of the same stunts again. No idea what the point of including the second show in the vlog was. He could've seen the second show if he wanted to and just not included it. Could have just mentioned he stuck around for the last show, but not filmed it. It's the main reason this vlog is a bloated, uncomfortable 37 minutes.

As he walks out, he muses on watching the Temple of Doom movie that evening (which he did). Adam then estimates he's seen Raiders of the Lost Ark 250 times in his life. Yeah. This vlog recap is mercifully over.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It surprises me that Adam believes he can live off of YouTube "residuals" since he is uniquely positioned to know what a dormant YouTube channel pays out -- he has a dormant YouTube channel of his own! He has roughly 10x more videos on his daily channel, so maybe he's assuming that it will pull in 10x the revenue... but even then, it doesn't look like enough to fund the lifestyle he's built. That's why I think that he must have been saving diligently during his van-dwelling days to be able to consider hanging it up (or scaling back significantly).

I've often wondered whether a YouTube channel could be sold. It's probably against Google's/YouTube's terms of service, but the idea isn't that far-fetched. A small business owner could choose to sell their shop, restaurant, service, etc to a new owner in whole or in part when the original owner decides that they no longer want to run the day-to-day operations. A channel pre-loaded with a large back catalog and a long subscriber list would be incredibly valuable to a new wannabe vlogger just starting out. Just imagine Li'l Woo (Tampa Jay) salivating over the opportunity to take over his mentor's channel!
Yes, you can sell a YouTube channel. It isn't against the terms of service. I believe a few of the major video companies have sold their channel's vs going bankrupt.

Reactions: 1
You know, mundane task videos don't have to be excruciatingly boring. I watch Jordan Bauth and many of her videos involve watching her pack her suitcase or travel days. Same with flight attendant Kat Nesbitt. The difference is they have engaging personalities and are appealing, especially Kat. Jordan has been privileged her entire life but she comes across as nice young lady despite her wealthy upbringing.
David's got the personality of a squished skunk. The appearance of one, too.

Reactions: 5
He's very upset about the lack of Nazi imagery? What, and I can not stress this enough, the duck.
His angle, and I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here, is that in Indiana Jones movies (and he cites Rocky 4 as well), you know who the "enemy" is because the Nazis are dressed like Nazis and the Russians (I think he meant or should've meant "Soviets") are dressed like Russians. Apparently it's too hard for Adam to figure out that the people trying to stop Indy are the bad guys, he needs a more definitive identifier.

Reactions: 12
Sounds like a dude who heard about January 6th weeks later and thought it sounded entertaining.

It's a show at Disney dude.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.