Adam The Woo #17 Every Day Is A Cheat Day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mr. Woo wearing his cheap looking officially licensed Indiana Jones hat made in China proceeds in a creepy, nasally voice to vocalize his objections to the live Indiana Jones show. Of course, the show is meant for families visiting the park for their first and perhaps only visit and not for some sweat stained, creepy, babbling moron who has sat through the show thousands of times. And sadly but true, there are probably more brains in the stains in Mr. Woo's officially licensed Uncle Walt boxer shorts discontinued in 1998 than under his stupid hat. To quote the late great Curly from The Three Stooges, which seems to apply almost daily to Mr. Woo, "I'm trying to think but nothing happens."

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My apologies to the Rays fans in the thread, but it has been quite nice not to have to see Adam's stupid, useless "great job boys, Rays win" IG story posts for the last 5 games.

Reactions: 9
My apologies to the Rays fans in the thread, but it has been quite nice not to have to see Adam's stupid, useless "great job boys, Rays win" IG story posts for the last 5 games.
Again : just a bandwagon fan …

Reactions: 4
I think it’s Office Max, not Staples. Or are they the same thing?
You are correct actually, in one of his 2016 vlogs TDW 1544, Adam shows all the previous places he worked at in St. Cloud, and it was 5 years at OfficeMax.

Reactions: 3
You are correct actually, in one of his 2016 vlogs TDW 1544, Adam shows all the previous places he worked at in St. Cloud, and it was 5 years at OfficeMax.
Ok, so if what I'm understanding is correct, he used to legit work at OfficeMax (I DO remember that vaguely now), but he said in his recent vlog he worked at Staples?

I never 100% understood the difference between OfficeMax, Office Depot, and Staples, but a quick Wikipedia search brought up that OfficeMax and Staples were rivals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OfficeMax

Excerpt -
1716633816633.png

It'd be like if I told you all I worked at McDonald's (which I did as my first job), and then a week later said I worked at Burger King as my first job.

How does one make this mistake?

Unless... 🤥

ETA: Staples DID attempt to acquire OfficeMax but it didn't work.
So, by him saying Staples now, it's not even like he's referring to what OfficeMax later merged with and became.

1716634000892.png

Ok, so if what I'm understanding is correct, he used to legit work at OfficeMax (I DO remember that vaguely now), but he said in his recent vlog he worked at Staples?

I never 100% understood the difference between OfficeMax, Office Depot, and Staples, but a quick Wikipedia search brought up that OfficeMax and Staples were rivals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OfficeMax

Excerpt -
View attachment 2956310

It'd be like if I told you all I worked at McDonald's (which I did as my first job), and then a week later said I worked at Burger King as my first job.

How does one make this mistake?

Unless... 🤥

ETA: Staples DID attempt to acquire OfficeMax but it didn't work.
So, by him saying Staples now, it's not even like he's referring to what OfficeMax later merged with and became.

View attachment 2956319
I didn’t watch the video in question but, in the Daily Dump recap, he said OfficeMax, not Staples.

Reactions: 3
Adam is so boring that he has us talking about office supply stores in his thread just to amuse ourselves!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yesterday’s Disney video did nothing to help his plummeting views, so he doubled down today. 🤮

Reactions: 5
Drone show debut at Disney Springs, so you know where Adam was last night...

Illegal Parking for Mickey Power Pole shots>OCD parking spot on top of the Orange parking garage (he has to refer to this as "Team Orange" and has to park on the top level). He steps out of the car and immediately begins filming the "hot air" balloon, as he always does - I suppose he considers it a form of Disney transportation?
1716647046327.png

This is, of course, the balloon he says he's going to ride almost every single time he goes to Disney Springs, but he never actually does. Will he actually do it today?

This is why 30k people watch, to see a bird's eye view of the bus area for Disney Springs, so interesting! :rolleyes:
1716647550594.png

Adam stops at Starbucks and gets a "rare" coffee bean roast at Starbucks which is probably totally lost on a guy who loves random gas station coffee. He says basically nothing about the taste of the coffee, so why did he bother? He inquires about riding the balloon, and there is no wait so he goes for it. The only problem is the ticket booth tells him he'll have to leave his coffee on the ground, which annoys Adam.

Of course he is always one to test the rules even when he's been told differently (ask Universal Studios, amirite?), so he tries to walk on with the Starbucks, and to his surprise, the people actually operating the balloon do not stop him. If you've been paying attention, you already know the problem we will encounter on this trip up into the sky - Adam+coffee means caffeine yapping. Also, just like Indy yesterday, Adam is zooming way in on things in the distance and holding the camera with one hand, and then trying to catch things right below him, so the camera work is less than stable and sometimes vomit-inducing.

The drone show happens after sunset, but of course Adam can't say that. The only way to convey that simple message in Adam's brain is to say that the drone show will happen after "nightfall rears it's head". Adam complains it's hot but it's not as bad as the middle of the day. He says part of it is the "cloud formation blocking the sun", and he says this as the sun is literally shining down upon his face and body, not blocked by anything except parts of the balloon structure:
1716648662804.png

Of course he has to say the line, "Whatever you do....don't look down." Too bad there weren't any cones on the balloon, he could use that line too. And yes, it's an orange shorts day:
1716648853251.png

Every time he goes to Springs he has to film this (awful) animatronic gator outside Rainforest Cafe, every single time, and manages to squeeze in his awful Arnold impression as well as get the volcano erupting.
1716649039757.png

Adam gets a DASANI water, but declines to do his WORLD-FAMOUS "DASANI WATER COMEDY BIT" that everyone loves so much. Oh well.

The drone show happens, and of course Adam's viewers only get some clips with no music and a voiceover. Adam lets us all know that, shockingly, drone tech has advanced a lot since 2017 when he last saw a drone show at Disney Springs (didn't he already learn this when he saw the drone show at the Rays fan event in St. Pete not long ago?). Adam's crappy camera seemed to have some issues focusing properly during some parts of the drone show. Adam says he's very happy he didn't go with his first instinct of watching it from the top of the parking garage, he thinks it looks better from the waterfront. (remember this for later)

Adam is documenting the mess of people gridlocked in Disney Springs after the first showing, and then he turns his camera on this loser, because Adam is once again doing the same thing every other Disney vlogger does - Adam just does it worse because he won't ever actually show his viewers the full, real show, and he films with a Kodak camera from 1989:
1716649848612.png

He makes it back to the TEAM ORANGE parking garage and documents/complains about the traffic. He has no desire to sit in the horrible traffic to get out of the garage, so he decides to "walk around the top of the garage" until he can watch the second show. He then says he now REGRETS not watching the first show from the top of the parking garage, as he might've been able to then run to his car and get out before the traffic was bad.

Totally understandable. It's not like this is his job or anything, it's not like he has any actual work schedule. It's not like he has a family to get home to, no baby he needs to wake up in the middle of the night to feed, no real job to go to the next morning, no lawn to mow. Hell, he's not even on a once in a lifetime Disney vacation, where he needs to get up the next day at 6:30am to make sure he gets Lightning Lane for Slinky Dog at exactly 7am or he'll be letting down his 8 year old.

But yeah, he really regrets not watching the drone show from the parking garage. Now he's FORCED watch a second DISNEY drone show! The HORROR OF IT ALL! Poor guy.

So we get endless shots of the lines of traffic while he waits for the next drone show. It starts, and Adam says that he should leave while it's still happening to avoid traffic after it's over, and then says that it looks better from on top of the garage than down by the water (it doesn't and make up your damn mind).

He then takes this opportunity to begin trying for his usual embarrassing thumbnails. Well, these might be even more embarrassing than usual
1716650691292.png
1716651023155.png

1716651086375.png

1716651127014.png

1716651158232.png

1716651213771.png

Then he leaves. In the car, he says "The good news is, I'm already off the top level" when he's clearly still on the top level and in the same line of traffic he'd been filming previously. He just gets down to the next level and the vlog ends. No profuse thanks to the viewers in this one, I guess he feels he suffered due to "braving" the crowds and the traffic, so the viewers should really be thanking him.

An impressive-looking free Disney show in a place that's free to park and free to walk around in, at the beginning of a holiday weekend. Adam's here to tell you it was crowded. How would the world survive without him?

WDW gave a slight bump yesterday, but not long ago a WDW park vlog was a guaranteed 50k within the first 1-2 days for Adam. The Daily Woo is in serious trouble views-wise
1716651676499.png

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Great recap as always, @dirtnap101!

But OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG those thumbnail poses.

Tell us you're in love with yourself without telling us you're in love with yourself.

bleeping social anxiety my ass.

He's just a narcissist. Me me me me. Plain and simple.

Taken from this about male narcissists - https://www.choosingtherapy.com/male-narcissist/

Doesn't this describe Adam?

• Grandiosity: This is when a person has an exaggerated sense of self-importance and expects others to recognize and acknowledge their greatness. They may be obsessed with fantasies of grandeur and success, and believe that they are special enough to deserve these.1
---MY TAKE: His recent comments about how he wasn't paid what he was worth at Walmart, the feed store, etc., as well as "residuals" for retirement, all of his talk about "you'll miss me when I'm [no longer vlogging]" to random comments people have made. There's TONS of this we could provide examples of.
  • Lack of empathy: Narcissists do not take others’ emotions into consideration. This lack of empathy can contribute to a narcissist being manipulative, abusive, and cold when they feel that they are not getting their needs met or if things are not going their way.
---MY TAKE: Never once commenting on anything really bad that other people are dealing with; instead of noting the people in the path of Hurricane Ian, he's bitching about how "scared" he is to be in his NOW WE ALL KNOW WHERE HE LIVED IN A PERFECTLY SECURE AND SAFE APARTMENT in downtown Celebration, and checked into the Contemp only to be "STUCK" there and complaining he can't get into MK.
  • Obsessive need for admiration: At the core of narcissism is a very fragile ego. In order to protect and reassure this, a narcissist will seek out and even orchestrate receiving attention from others.
---MY TAKE: Proven by all his selfie poses (including the mirror ones) with stupid one-word descriptions, simply to get 500 people to tell him how "good" he looks.
  • Antagonistic: This is a type of narcissism that focuses on rivalry and competition with others. An antagonistic narcissist is often argumentative, disagreeable/contrary, and doesn’t forgive others.
---MY TAKE: Proven by the parking ticket situation he never will drop, or anything he cherrypicks from the YT comments section to engage with. Plus, his constant complaining about EVERYTHING all the time now, and disagreeing / arguing with authority (e.g., most recently - the coffee cup in the balloon!)
  • Covert: A covert narcissist may appear timid and self-deprecating due to a fear of being rejected or disliked. They assign heavy weight to any criticism from others. and They tend to verbally attack others or talk behind people’s backs in quiet, often subtle ways
---MY TAKE: Proven by how he acts like he's above it all with not selling merch, sooo altruistic of him not to make people pay for him!, etc., pinning comments from other people to allow his stans to attack (subtle)

ALSO - this is interesting... and pretty much sums him up too.

Commitment Issues
Male narcissists seek a constant flow of external reassurance, often referred to as their narcissistic supply–they will do whatever it takes to ensure this is maintained. A narcissist may avoid entering a committed relationship or publicly sharing that they are in one because of the possibility of this diminishing the amount of attention they receive from others.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The crowd control of leaving the drone show was terrible.

I'm guessing Tim got media invite.

Great recap as always, @dirtnap101!

But OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG those thumbnail poses.

Tell us you're in love with yourself without telling us you're in love with yourself.

bleeping social anxiety my ass.

He's just a narcissist. Me me me me. Plain and simple.

Taken from this about male narcissists - https://www.choosingtherapy.com/male-narcissist/

Doesn't this describe Adam?

• Grandiosity: This is when a person has an exaggerated sense of self-importance and expects others to recognize and acknowledge their greatness. They may be obsessed with fantasies of grandeur and success, and believe that they are special enough to deserve these.1
---MY TAKE: His recent comments about how he wasn't paid what he was worth at Walmart, the feed store, etc., as well as "residuals" for retirement, all of his talk about "you'll miss me when I'm [no longer vlogging]" to random comments people have made. There's TONS of this we could provide examples of.
  • Lack of empathy: Narcissists do not take others’ emotions into consideration. This lack of empathy can contribute to a narcissist being manipulative, abusive, and cold when they feel that they are not getting their needs met or if things are not going their way.
---MY TAKE: Never once commenting on anything really bad that other people are dealing with; instead of noting the people in the path of Hurricane Ian, he's bitching about how "scared" he is to be in his NOW WE ALL KNOW WHERE HE LIVED IN A PERFECTLY SECURE AND SAFE APARTMENT in downtown Celebration, and checked into the Contemp only to be "STUCK" there and complaining he can't get into MK.
  • Obsessive need for admiration: At the core of narcissism is a very fragile ego. In order to protect and reassure this, a narcissist will seek out and even orchestrate receiving attention from others.
---MY TAKE: Proven by all his selfie poses (including the mirror ones) with stupid one-word descriptions, simply to get 500 people to tell him how "good" he looks.
  • Antagonistic: This is a type of narcissism that focuses on rivalry and competition with others. An antagonistic narcissist is often argumentative, disagreeable/contrary, and doesn’t forgive others.
---MY TAKE: Proven by the parking ticket situation he never will drop, or anything he cherrypicks from the YT comments section to engage with. Plus, his constant complaining about EVERYTHING all the time now, and disagreeing / arguing with authority (e.g., most recently - the coffee cup in the balloon!)
  • Covert: A covert narcissist may appear timid and self-deprecating due to a fear of being rejected or disliked. They assign heavy weight to any criticism from others. and They tend to verbally attack others or talk behind people’s backs in quiet, often subtle ways
---MY TAKE: Proven by how he acts like he's above it all with not selling merch, sooo altruistic of him not to make people pay for him!, etc., pinning comments from other people to allow his stans to attack (subtle)

ALSO - this is interesting... and pretty much sums him up too.

Commitment Issues
Male narcissists seek a constant flow of external reassurance, often referred to as their narcissistic supply–they will do whatever it takes to ensure this is maintained. A narcissist may avoid entering a committed relationship or publicly sharing that they are in one because of the possibility of this diminishing the amount of attention they receive from others.
100% on the mark. He seems like a complete narcissist. And as far as the Grandiosity point, he really thinks he's deeply talented, and that's he not just a lucky buffoon in the right place at the right time who was willing to do things (living in a van, foregoing a normal life) that most others wouldn't be willing to do. It's part of his narcissism. In fact, I'd argue that's been his biggest asset over the years - his natural desire and willingness to not have a normal life, normal romantic relationships, a family, etc. It allowed him to do travel the country, sleep in the van, devote his life to daily vlogging, and make far more money than he ever could've working at Staples Office Max, WalMart, the feed store, etc. Unfortunately, it has a bunch of downsides, too.

The last point (Covert) is also very noticeable, as he often makes a point to be self-deprecating, but then goes out of his way with the pinned comments and his replies to cherry-picked comments to get his narcissistic supply.

It's also quite clear from his constant tone-deaf, self-centered point of view. The most serious problems highlighted in this guy's life are: travel delays, traffic, long lines, bad weather, getting towed - once, being banned from theme parks for his own illegal behavior, and sometimes not getting tickets to certain events. He lives alone, no one depends on him for anything, he has no real problems, he's his own boss, and has no responsibilities. Who in the world can relate to this guy? Who the hell would WANT to relate to this guy? I wouldn't trade my life for David's, that's for sure. He's concerned about getting home to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark for the 251st time with his broken Urkel doll, I mean WTF?

Also, as far as my theory about OCD, check this out:

1716659692034.png

Also this: https://www.choosingtherapy.com/ocd-and-narcissism/

"There are many links between OCD and narcissism, as they share many of the same risk factors." Mentions a bunch of stuff that might apply to him. Obviously we don't actually know Adam in real life, and really don't know details on how he was raised, and we're not doctors, but based on what we can see for 12 years of vlogging and social media posts, much of it daily, I wouldn't be surprised at all. At all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
1716667910264.png

Interesting that Adam doesn't mention that Spurlock's most well-known (by far) piece of work as a lie because he was an undisclosed alcoholic (and had no effect at all on McDonald's, which still has gigantic portions to this day, and had a stock price of about $15 a share when Super Size Me came out and currently sits at $258/share), and Spurlock admitted a history of sexual misconduct. Interesting, but not surprising. Of course he's careful to say he only enjoyed his "work".

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.