Adam the Woo #12 Day 75 of 50, losing eleventy eleven pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you bought into DVC early and or you just want to use your points somewhere new I can see the appeal of Aulani. For Adam it doesn't make any sense to go to a Disney resort in Hawaii. Is he going to do character meet and greets? Buy Aulani souvenirs in the gift shop? Ugh. I miss old school Adam just a bit.

Reactions: 8
I have to give him a bit of credit for actually leaving the resort. I was expecting his vlogs to be like The Trackers - stalking Disney characters all day.

Reactions: 7
If you bought into DVC early and or you just want to use your points somewhere new I can see the appeal of Aulani. For Adam it doesn't make any sense to go to a Disney resort in Hawaii. Is he going to do character meet and greets? Buy Aulani souvenirs in the gift shop? Ugh. I miss old school Adam just a bit.
He says he is going to meet Stitch so who knows. He has to purchase DVC points to stay there. I'm not sure what the entails on top of what he already pays for DVC

Reactions: 1
Hey man, he LOVES it and is looking forward to going there EVERY YEAR!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Well, that's not the rabbit hole I thought I'd be going down on a Friday afternoon, but wow, that's interesting!

First of all, I never would have guessed that a Polynesian Cultural Center would have been run by the LDS church, and second, I didn't even know that BYU had a campus in Hawaii, let alone that the majority of the PCC's employees are Cougars working their way through school.

Reviews online are a bit of a mixed bag with some reviewers raving that they had a wonderful time with others criticizing the place for inaccurate whitewashed portrayals of the culture.

It sounds like it's the sort of place with just the right amount of controversy that it would make for an interesting video for some vlogger -- not present-day nihilist Adam, and probably not even Adam in his heyday, though. Heck it, he doesn't want to offend anybody!

I wonder if he made a big fuss out of the fact that his drinks there were non-alcoholic... :sneaky: 🍹

Edit to add: Many of the reviews (both positive and negative -- for some it's an asset, for others a drawback) describe it as having "Disney-like" vibe, so I suppose it's right up Adam's alley.
You're welcome...
---
He says he is going to meet Stitch so who knows. He has to purchase DVC points to stay there. I'm not sure what the entails on top of what he already pays for DVC
He already owns points at Aulani, but anyone who owns points at any of the original 14 DVC resorts (with the narrow exception being resale points at Riviera and the new Disneyland Hotel tower), can use their points there (or any resort besides the two mentioned). That exception aside, you don't have to own at a specific resort, you can use your points anywhere. As Adam only owns direct points purchased from Disney nd not on the resale market, he can use any points he owns at Aulani.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
We just got back from aulani and used points from another resort to book there.

Reactions: 3
Well, that's not the rabbit hole I thought I'd be going down on a Friday afternoon, but wow, that's interesting!

First of all, I never would have guessed that a Polynesian Cultural Center would have been run by the LDS church, and second, I didn't even know that BYU had a campus in Hawaii, let alone that the majority of the PCC's employees are Cougars working their way through school.

Reviews online are a bit of a mixed bag with some reviewers raving that they had a wonderful time with others criticizing the place for inaccurate whitewashed portrayals of the culture.

It sounds like it's the sort of place with just the right amount of controversy that it would make for an interesting video for some vlogger -- not present-day nihilist Adam, and probably not even Adam in his heyday, though. Heck it, he doesn't want to offend anybody!

I wonder if he made a big fuss out of the fact that his drinks there were non-alcoholic... :sneaky: 🍹

Edit to add: Many of the reviews (both positive and negative -- for some it's an asset, for others a drawback) describe it as having "Disney-like" vibe, so I suppose it's right up Adam's alley.
We enjoyed our visit there. Not sure if the cultures were white washed but they seemed authentic.
I didn’t feel pressured to learn about lds. They just mostly mentioned the school and how they are able to receive an education because a lot of the staff is from small islands or poorer countries

Adam: "There are two different experiences at this luau, one is the Paradise and the other is the Royal. We have the Royal one. I'm not sure what the difference is, but we have the Royal."

He bought the tickets, he had to choose which experience, and he doesn't know the difference? Did he get the Royal package because it comes with more "adult" beverages so he could maximize footage of him telling people that he and his mom don't drink alcohol?

$430 for the two Royal experience tickets :oops:

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
One has to wonder what act of depraved perversion was committed by Mr. Woo to make him quit drinking and treat it so disdainfully like garlic to a vampire. Were farm animals or escaped prisoners involved. Was he forcibly given crappy tattoos by aliens with a sick sense of humor who used their feet and worked blindfolded? Did he wake up in bed with the Carpetbagger? The truth may never be known, but odds are it is more distasteful than anyone can imagine.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Vlog begins late afternoon. I am surprised he did not go to the luau at Aulani. (He later states he is saving that for another trip) Adam confirms he is wearing an Appropriate tshirt. Poor Adam wasn't impressed with the food at the laui, but liked the show. I skipped over most of the vlog, didnt need to see the show. Ends up back at the room. The end. :sleep:

The only thing that surprised me is he did not once again note the "man made volcano" in the middle of the resort.. But his kool-aid drinking stans are loving every minute of this snoozefest series.

Screenshot_20230930_145434_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
His mom looked nice.

So he chose Royal and difference was alcohol they don't drink. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Someone as clueless and blithely ignorant as David Adam Williams is the perfect "guest" to bask in the obscene spectacle of Disney's sad cultural appropriation of a proud indigenous people. Native Hawaiians call outsider people "haole" and many people refer to Adam as an "a-hole."

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Why the hell does he always insist on mentioning multiple times that he doesn’t drink, like it’s some kind of status symbol? STFU already!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Why the hell does he always insist on mentioning multiple times that he doesn’t drink, like it’s some kind of status symbol? STFU already!
You know who also always mentions that they don't drink? Katie from BLAB.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.