Adam the Woo #12 Day 75 of 50, losing eleventy eleven pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just another reminder of why Adam's continued use of the word commute is incorrect:
1695931465756.png

Nobody commutes on vacation.

TL;DR version: "Overexplaining Hawaiian tourist traps"

His mom must have done some or all of these things when she was in Hawaii before, right (Answer: yes, his mom says they visited the Dole Plantation the last time)? Adam wasn't happy with the Dole Plantation train ride. He thought the whole thing was too much like a big advertisement. Good thing you did no research, Adam.

Adam's got a MagicBand on, he's riding a train and eating a Dole Whip. Could he make it any closer to a Disney experience?

You'll never see a better example of Adam's lack of skill with a camera combined with his crappy camera than the sea turtle portion of this video

Adam calls these "concrete pylons":
1695936421454.png

1695936461344.png

I hate to reference a Freudian slip because it is nice that he's taken his mom on the trip and is spending time with her, but at around 29:40 he is showing photos on his phone and says "took a photo of another couple that was out here, and they returned the favor and took a photo of us", which is pretty odd wording.

And speaking of odd, what was that non-ending all about? Did the jetlag melt his brain and he hit publish before adding an ending?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I hate to reference a Freudian slip because it is nice that he's taken his mom on the trip and is spending time with her, but at around 29:40 he is showing photos on his phone and says "took a photo of another couple that was out here, and they returned the favor and took a photo of us", which is pretty odd wording.
Even worse, just before he talked about the other couple, he mentioned skinny-dipping to his mother since they forgot their bathing suits and could not go swimming at the waterfall site with everyone else. :sick::sick::sick::sick:

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
David the dolt thinks that pineapples are much fresher and sweeter in Hawaii as he eats his with Li-Hing powder all over it. Has zero idea of what it is and doesn’t bother to quickly look it up. It is a powder made from plum pits and is toxic at high levels of ingestion. its meant to boost the sweetness of whatever you are eating David! Its not different pineapple! California bans the sale of this powder bc of its toxicity. I have a feeling that he will put that sh$# on everything this week! Bon Appetite David!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Views of Hawaii vlogs are clearly higher than his other stuff. People eat up the mom angle and this is the first unfamiliar thing he's done in a million years (and of course he's committed to do it every year for the rest of his life)

View attachment 2478936
The Hawaii vlogs are the type of videos of his that I'd be most eager to watch in the "old days". I can't count the number of locations that Adam had previously featured that I initially had little to no interest in visiting -- or even had never heard of before -- that I later really wanted to visit after watching one of his videos. I'm not really an island guy, so Hawaii was never the top of my list of potential vacation destinations, but I would have been willing to check out the videos with an open mind just to see what it's all about.

But now? When Adam doesn't show the slightest bit of excitement or interest about being there himself, why would I want to come along?

Reactions: 10
Only Woo could make Hawaii seem so boring. He does lots of complaining in today’s vlog. I don’t think he’s enjoying his “vacation” at all, poor guy.
Only Woo could make Hawaii seem so boring. He does lots of complaining in today’s vlog. I don’t think he’s enjoying his “vacation” at all, poor guy.
It is because he really wanted Giggles to come instead 😮🤣

Reactions: 9
Even worse, just before he talked about the other couple, he mentioned skinny-dipping to his mother since they forgot their bathing suits and could not go swimming at the waterfall site with everyone else. :sick::sick::sick::sick:
Wow, good catch, I missed that :oops: :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I tried watching it couldn't make it through it. The Dole Plantation video. Too long and too boring.

Reactions: 7
Adam a few weeks ago: "I really, really hope the Rays win the division so I don't miss any of their playoff games"

Today, Adam's Rays curse continues: Baltimore has clinched the division tonight. Rays have to play a 3 game Wild Card and Adam will miss all 3 games.

Reactions: 5
I tried watching it couldn't make it through it. The Dole Plantation video. Too long and too boring.
Back in the day you actually got a plant tour into the processing of the pineapples. You were on the floor while the workers, mostly female, sorted the slices by hand to get them ready for canning. The pineapple when fresh were just ok. The staff there told our group that they export the best pineapple to the mainland bc the company gets more of a premium there for it. Guess you cant go into the actual plant any linger. Maybe the prime pineapple nows remains on the island too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Same here. I had to tap at 8:18. There’s no way he has an internal monologue the way he points out every single thing. It’s almost like he’s describing something he thinks only he can see.

However, I was impressed to hear the Dole Plantation is an actually a Woo-peat for Momma Woo. Like mother, like son of a preacher man!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I mean, he's a pissy witch of a manchild for sure.
But I can't say I necessarily find treating his mom to the experience of Aulani to be strange - at least at face value like @Dorothy_Zbornak said.

(we're presuming he's not making her pay for damn thing...I hope)

However, what I DO find distasteful is that the jackass can't take a bleeping week off of filming (or YT, in general) to have the experience.

(we all know he's not "broke," right? in his own words)

I'd actually have more respect for him (at least, based off the pretty much none I have left for him) if he told everyone something like -

"I'm going to be offline for this week = no vlogs. Taking a trip with my mom and just going to enjoy her and the time we have together without the camera and without vlogging it."

Can he still record tit for PoStERitY's sake? Sure. But keep it private.

Don't monetize your own mother, David. 🙄
Well you can't write off the whole trip if you don't film it for work. He would not actually want to pay for first class tickets and a week at Aulani. This is a business expense lol 60.00 for tourist tiki chatchkes don't pay for themselves

Back in the day you actually got a plant tour into the processing of the pineapples. You were on the floor while the workers, mostly female, sorted the slices by hand to get them ready for canning. The pineapple when fresh were just ok. The staff there told our group that they export the best pineapple to the mainland bc the company gets more of a premium there for it. Guess you cant go into the actual plant any linger. Maybe the prime pineapple nows remains on the island too.
Most of Dole's pineapple production is now in Central America.

😴 I know there was a reason I stopped watching this garbage. Another horrible vlog. Poor Adam was disappointed towards the end of the vlog no one waved back to him while passing the other golf cart.

Screenshot_20230929_125813_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
He went to the Polynesian Cultural Center (aka the Mormon Brainwashing Facility, West). They were probably drooling when they saw David roll up, only to be disappointed that he really is more of a simpleton than they imagined (you need a brain in order for it to be washed), and the son of a Baptist minister to-boot. Probably ended up deciding the Baptists can keep him.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
He went to the Polynesian Cultural Center (aka the Mormon Brainwashing Facility, West). They were probably drooling when they saw David roll up, only to be disappointed that he really is more of a simpleton than they imagined (you need a brain in order for it to be washed), and the son of a Baptist minister to-boot. Probably ended up deciding the Baptists can keep him.
They probably saw the "commitment conquers all" prison tattoo on his chest and decided he could stay committed to some other religion 😂

• Haha
Well, that's not the rabbit hole I thought I'd be going down on a Friday afternoon, but wow, that's interesting!

First of all, I never would have guessed that a Polynesian Cultural Center would have been run by the LDS church, and second, I didn't even know that BYU had a campus in Hawaii, let alone that the majority of the PCC's employees are Cougars working their way through school.

Reviews online are a bit of a mixed bag with some reviewers raving that they had a wonderful time with others criticizing the place for inaccurate whitewashed portrayals of the culture.

It sounds like it's the sort of place with just the right amount of controversy that it would make for an interesting video for some vlogger -- not present-day nihilist Adam, and probably not even Adam in his heyday, though. Heck it, he doesn't want to offend anybody!

I wonder if he made a big fuss out of the fact that his drinks there were non-alcoholic... :sneaky: 🍹

Edit to add: Many of the reviews (both positive and negative -- for some it's an asset, for others a drawback) describe it as having "Disney-like" vibe, so I suppose it's right up Adam's alley.

Last edited:
"Pre-purchased tickets ahead of time" 🥴

Adam's mom thinks coral exists above the surface of the water.

Someone must have told him that you need to mention the rental car in the video in order to write it off. It's never "we drove here". It's always "We drove here in the rental car"

Did you know that Adam thinks the coconut water is actually creamy and milkshake-y? He only repeats it 10 times in 2 minutes.

Really, REALLY enjoyed the scene of him eating with his hands and then licking off each finger. Great stuff.

Again everything has to be related to Disney - so far this trip he leaves his Disney resort to go to places that are like Disney and he compares everything to Disney. It's impossible to escape Disney, impossible.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.