Adam Hattan #2 Lives Rent Free, Desperate to go to Disney, Money-grabbing with Gary C

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol, what's he so touchy about it for? No one who asks what you do for a living is making a judgement. Work takes up about a third of full time workers' lives near enough, it's an easy question to ask in order to get to know someone. I don't think many people heavily judge what people do for work, it's just small talk; same as asking what you do for leisure or where you live.

Also he does youtube. Whether you consider that a job or not is another conversation but he can (barely) say that at least.

Reactions: 3
Nobody is owed anything, get off your ass and work for it. I have anxiety, so I get it to some degree, but you find a job where you can control it and you aren't triggered. You don't sponge off everyone else and waltz around disney parks on other people's money.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
But he clearly has his own coping strategies for managing his anxiety when he goes to WDW or on a Disney Cruise. Morally, he should be focusing his efforts on applying those coping strategies to a work environment first, not Disney World for god sake.
Shouldn't the ultimate goal be about making him better so he can be part of society? I mean, I'm in the US, not Britain, and we prefer to let people starve in the streets, but my patients on benefits usually get reviewed every year or two. I would personally have a really hard time continuing to certify someone's condition when they're constantly swanning off to Florida, California, or Paris.

I would be bored out of my mind if I didn't work. What does he do all day?

Reactions: 1
Limiting who can have an opinion 🙄
Jesus he is so transparent. What a f-ing child.

It's just because he's embarrassed to say "feck all" so rather than deal with it, the whole world has to change for ittle Gary.

As others have said it's a completely natural question to ask someone you've never met, what a big spoiled baby.

I fully believe Gary does struggle with anxiety. He’s clearly in receipt of Universal Credit and possibly PIP on top.
My opinion is that he is emotionally underdeveloped, he's been coddled his whole life and so anything too hard he describes as anxiety.

I'm not saying he doesn't need psychiatric help. He cried on one vlog because he was stood next to a bush shaped like Winnie the Pooh, that boy needs serious help.

• Haha
Shouldn't the ultimate goal be about making him better so he can be part of society? I mean, I'm in the US, not Britain, and we prefer to let people starve in the streets, but my patients on benefits usually get reviewed every year or two.
He is clearly already applying some helpful coping strategies to allow him to attend holidays (it may well be has already had assistance from mental health professionals to do this), so it’s not unreasonable to assume there would be some jobs he would be capable of doing by applying the same strategies.

What I’m trying to say is: I’m not convinced he is trying hard enough himself to become better himself. Also, him prioritising being “well” enough to do Disney but nothing else, is not only immoral, but clearly not helping him in the long run - how many years has he been going to Disney holidays with Adam? Have we seen any progress in him in any other areas? I haven’t, in fact he seems like a mess when he returns! So I wouldn’t say him popping off to Disney every few months is making him a better part of society.

Yeah you’re exactly right, it’s the same in the UK to be honest, he will get regular reviews with his doctor and/or a community mental health team, but I suppose how would they know he is swanning off on holidays? Also the NHS is severely underfunded so they may just be throwing medication or online resources at him and nothing else, which probably isn’t that helpful.

My opinion is that he is emotionally underdeveloped, he's been coddled his whole life and so anything too hard he describes as anxiety.
But it *is* anxiety. I agree with you, he has probably been babied and sheltered his entire life which makes him highly dysfunctional, and anxiety is then a by-product of that. He needs therapy to unpack his childhood and get to the bottom of it.

Adam technically babies him as well, paying for him to be on holiday, and he does assume a bit of a parenting type role on the vlogs. To us it looks mean (and it is), but to Gary it probably feels comfortable sadly!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yes I suspect the anxiety is actually a by product of being coddled and spoilt and never having to face anything in life. He needs to grow up basically. He is a 40 year old man for goodness sake

Yes I suspect the anxiety is actually a by product of being coddled and spoilt and never having to face anything in life. He needs to grow up basically. He is a 40 year old man for goodness sake
I know :( 40 years old!!!!!

Reactions: 1
I'm not saying he doesn't need psychiatric help. He cried on one vlog because he was stood next to a bush shaped like Winnie the Pooh, that boy needs serious help.
I'm not going to pretend there aren't things that are meaningful to me that haven't actually moved me to that level, but that's usually something that is designed to promote an emotional reaction, like a film or a piece of music. Not a topiary.

But it *is* anxiety. I agree with you, he has probably been babied and sheltered his entire life which makes him highly dysfunctional, and anxiety is then a by-product of that. He needs therapy to unpack his childhood and get to the bottom of it.

Adam technically babies him as well, paying for him to be on holiday, and he does assume a bit of a parenting type role on the vlogs. To us it looks mean (and it is), but to Gary it probably feels comfortable sadly!
I guess what I mean is, he's slapped himself with a catch-all "anxiety" label and he's more than happy to use that to just bumble through life, when what he really need is therapy (which I think the govt should pay for)

I'm not going to pretend there aren't things that are meaningful to me that haven't actually moved me to that level, but that's usually something that is designed to promote an emotional reaction, like a film or a piece of music. Not a topiary.
Oh yeah same here. I've cried at films and stuff before, there's obviously nothing wrong with it. But crying at bushes or crying because you hugged a grown man in a Beast costume...it's sad, he needs counselling.

Dressing up like a parrot swquarking round a cruise ship or a pumpkin prancing round WDW gives me little sympathy for him and his anxiety. Okay to do that around thousands or people and all over the internet but not able to find a job or even a self employed job to help rather than sponge off others….. 🙄

Reactions: 11
Exactly, there are so many jobs out there he can do remotely now.if he can hack busy and crowded parks he can find a job to suit. I'm not even sure I buy the anxiety attacks he supposedly has when he is on holiday. Feels more like tokenism to remind everyone he has it

Reactions: 7
I’m sure he could do some sort of admin role for Adam.

B86BD604-0DC4-4847-9560-A8EE9F3A35DF.jpeg

Maybe get a job with a steady income rather than relying on the state then this wouldn’t be a problem….

Reactions: 12
Most people don’t have the luxury of working at a job they love and enriches their lives because there are bills to pay. Gary is such a piece of tit, this makes me hate him even more.

I hate my job but I don’t let the hatred of it consume me, I do it and leave off. I’ve suffered massive anxiety this last year working amongst thousands of people in a supermarket but I get on with it. I’ve felt close to tears most days. Did Gary stop to think of the anxiety the cruise staff probably felt working and serving him in close proximity to possible covid cases away for months from their families. Just because to pass a lateral flow doesn’t mean you won’t show symptoms in the days after once your on the cruise
I never used to mind them but his comment today hasn’t done him no favours

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The amount he fritters away on pins and merch is painful let alone having the latest iPhone….. all paid out of his own pocket…. Oh wait.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.