Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GSquaredUWS

VIP Member
I think someone would have reported Gary to the social though by now. I used to work there and I would find it very hard to believe that people who watch the videos, people on Tattle, people in his extended family, people in his area who see the videos would all fail to report him because believe me from the reports of fraud that go in there is no loyalty at all if people think you're getting someone they think you shouldn't have. So Gary either has some type of payment that cannot easily be revoked (the system has had many changes since I left the civil service so I'm completely out of touch with what would be available to him these days) or he doesn't claim and is supported by family. As a working class lass from E London myself I knew several families on our estate who had a grown child with mental issues who stayed home and were supported by mam and dad as neither employers nor the social had any concept of dealing with depression/anxiety. It's quite recent that your ordinary Joe would have a chance to get the support needed to manage his mental health issues and live a productive life. The supports would be there now if Gary did want to re-enter the workforce but I wouldn't sit behind my laptop and try to diagnose him or say that he's capable of doing certain jobs or whatnot. I think it's clear that he has little income whether claiming or not but the flip side is I don't see this as something to be jealous about really. I wouldn't want to live the way he is living and I wish him well. Even if he was claiming all the things people have speculation (some are inaccurate as certain payments cannot be combined) a few hundred quid a month living in London is pocket money and I wouldn't begrudge him it and I certainly wouldn't swap with him. Adam gets on my nerves and the frequency of their trips pre-covid was becoming a bit of a joke and likely funded by the Hattan parents but on the other hand this disney/Youtube thing is probably fantastic for Gary's mental health and his parents are probably delighted that he has something that gets him out of bed and gives him some drive and gets him mixing with people. It's a tricky situation I think and I think a lot of us feel a bit awkward about ripping Gary the way we would Adam.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Anniebee

VIP Member
I remember Gary being unable to leave his room for 3 weeks following a Disney trip where he was all jokes and good fun and “living his best life”. Mental health is so incredibly complex and I’m glad posters are talking about this. If he can find joy and purpose in his life then more power to him.

• Sad
Reactions: 16

Itvex

Chatty Member
Accidentally caught a afternoon Gary C live.... (caught me off guard!) and he said they're off to WDW for the Christmas season so no surprises there!!
Virgin Atlantic premium economy
Hotel at Gatwick the night before
Premium lounge at Gatwick
Posh resort at Disney *probably paid for by everafterholidays*
Eye rolling
Narsicism
'Met loads of fans, they can't be on camera'
Condescending attitude
Look at me look at me
'Leave you in the magic because in reality my life is so miserable I don't want to film going home"

There you go, no need to watch the blog. Apologies if I've missed anything!

• Haha

MrAdcro

Granted I am an unlucky person but pre-covid I went to America twice a year on holidays. I have been really grilled several times about my relationship status/job/purpose of previous visits etc. I am single, late 20s. It's never a pleasant experience and I never relax until they have stamped my passport and I'm through.

Has anyone else wondered how Adam and Gary seem to sail through with no issues (and some other Youtubers as well) Like how do they not give Gary who is single, no income, no job, so in their eyes no ties to the UK a right grilling. Same with Adam. It's a small gripe for my first post (never knew this forum existed and am now addicted having watched these bloggers during lockdown wondering if I was the on;y one smelling the BS lol) but it does make me feel very hard done by considering the horrible experiences I have had with US immigration.

<TSA> Sir, what is your reason for your journey?
<Adam> I’m Adam Hattan
<TSA> What is your employment, sir?
<Adam> I’m Adam Hattan *hand under chin*

• Haha

Clairer86

VIP Member
Tbh i have always found Gary a twat, and when he blocked me for asking a really normal question that was the end of any empathy i had for him.

You know, i do actually get PIP for my mental health. I have BPD, Bipolar 2 and i am blind in my right eye. I only get £230 each month so its not a life changing amount, but does help me out especially as i was off sick for almost a year. But i have never been a victim, my parents always encouraged me and with the right support i have been able to do both my BA and MA degrees, i studied abroad in the USA for a year, and im a qualified social worker. It would literally kill me to not do anything productive with my days. Dont get me wrong, there are days when as soon as i come home from the school run in the morning i go back to bed and sleep, but thankfully those days are few and far between these days.

I can totally understand why people question Gary and his behaviour, tbh i would probably understand if people questioned me because on the outside i seem confident, bubbly and "ok". But on the inside, its a struggle. My issue with Gary is how narcissistic he acts, he really does believe he is some kind of celebrity and everyone else is beneath him. I just dont find him likeable at all, and the fact he classes Adam and BogTrotter Brogan as his friends tells me everything!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

agathabeads

Sorry if this has been covered, I’ve gone back a few pages. Does anyone know or wonder how the financials wrk for these trips?
Does Gary pay for himself do you think? Or maybe just his flight? Does Adam give him a cut from the views? Does Gary support himself financially from his own channel? (Although I know he still lives with family etc)
Do you have a job? And do you pay taxes? If so, you're paying for Gary's trip and his pins mate.

On a serious note I expect some of it is covered by Gary but mainly it'll come from Adam's pocket...he knows people prefer the trips with Gary (just look at the view counts) so he pays for him to come along.

I suspect this is why Adam is rude to Gary, probably underlying resentment.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Mable912

VIP Member
I fully believe Gary does struggle with anxiety. He’s clearly in receipt of Universal Credit and possibly PIP on top.

But he clearly has his own coping strategies for managing his anxiety when he goes to WDW or on a Disney Cruise. Morally, he should be focusing his efforts on applying those coping strategies to a work environment first, not Disney World for god sake.

And this is coming from a (former) fan who’s been tipped over the edge by that post today. Fucking idiot! Read the room, who wants to see Gary parading round a cruise in concierge, spending his money that the tax payer has given him? Such a kick in the teeth for those hard workers who can’t afford one Disney holiday ever, let alone being paid for multiple times a year.

Funny how today’s post was all like “don’t let a job define you” with an air of “no one should have to work”…. But he’s happy enough for Disney cast members to slave away and wait on him hand and foot all day 😬

And don’t get me started on that narcissistic wally Adam. Such a classic Narcissist/Empath co-dependent relationship. It’s text book!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

SpillTheTeaPlz

Mmmm I do. I personally suffer from anxiety and how you react to it really varies. Going out into crowds can be very difficult for me. I also visit Disney World and some days I'm good and other days I need to go back to the hotel or sit out. I hate flying too but I love Disney so I find ways to push through it. But at home? If I don't feel well and I'm anxious I won't go out. Special events I will push through because they're special. I feel for Gary. I will never come down on someone's mental health.
Meh, there’s a difference between having anxiety and choosing to stay home from events to refusing to work and collect government assistance while going out on constant vacays using taxpayer money to fund your pin collection addiction. He’s trash.

• Heart

Tavi Huit

VIP Member
Call me an cynic, but I don't totally believe that Gary's social anxiety is as bad as he says. He manages quite well in crowds and in front of a bloody vlogging camera.

SpillTheTeaPlz

Wow, I just came across this thread by accident and I’m shocked by all the comments. Granted I’ve only just come across him so don’t know if he’s “changed”
He’s more than entitled to keep parts of his life private, therefore nobody knows what he’s doing in his time at the moment and if he’s volunteered to help the nhs in some way?

People are entitled to their opinion, but maybe some comments are unjustified. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hi Adam!

• Haha
Reactions: 13

MrAdcro

Gary just posted on twitter him on stage singing Beauty and the Beast next to a piano and in front of a big neon sign. Poor poppet, that anxiety right there is what stops him earning his own money

• Haha
  • Wow

Pop!91

VIP Member
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that this ‘Boss Bitch’ (as he likes to see himself) has not uploaded a video for 6 months!

6 MONTHS!!!!

We are none of the sheep seeing how they are being used!

buy my candles, buy my merch, buy my guides...buy don’t expect me to give anything back in terms of content!

I did also read somewhere that YouTube (at their discretion) can remove monetisation of a channel if it’s been inactive for over 6 months - great Business Plan Adam!

• Wow

Pop!91

VIP Member
A bit of topic but if you have come here from the last thread you will know I only stumbled across him as my family and I are booked to go next summer. But it really is amazing how much arrogant and self-righteous he has got I am currently watching his Caribbean Beach vlogs from 2019 Im not sure if its an act but he comes across very sincere and appreciative of it I guess how times change eh
I used to really like Adam in the early days, circa 2017/18 - but unfortunately fell for the YouTube curse once his channel went ‘commercial’ and it became his ‘job’

What these disney vloggers don’t understand, is that we watch these vlogs as escapism, to join them on their holiday as if we are there ourselves.

But as soon as those trips becomes a business arrangement (I.e the trip is purely to create content/sell merchandise) it loses all sincerity and relatability.

That’s where people like Adam, Brogan and Victoria have lost their way, and why we are all loving channels like Mr David and Mr Ian - you get the sense they would be on holiday even if they didn’t plan to vlog it!

Mark81

VIP Member
I know it's a bit early but thread suggestion based on someone's comment I saw on here ages ago

#3 Hand under chin, shit eating grin

• Haha

Itvex

Chatty Member
According to the last companies house documents the company is valued at just over 4000 including cash and assets. Someone is definitely getting handouts from Mummy and Daddy.

• Wow