Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh bless you! Mine is spreading too, it’s suddenly come out of nowhere really badly in my forehead and no legs starting down my cheeks. My doc did say it can be hard to treat. She was so kind though and make me feel really comfortable. She did a test patch and it didn’t hurt at all. I’m seeing her for rosacea and red veins first, then tackle the melasma in winter. I don’t know where you’re based but I’m happy to give you her details? I’m Hampshire.
Ah thanks hun, I’m in Ireland. I might go for a consultation elsewhere and see what they say.. if I could tackle it with medical grade products alone I would, it’s just knowing what to buy as it’s such a minefield. I hope your laser works for you! Please report back here once you’ve had it, I’m interested to know how you get on!

My under eye area has become quite dark and sunken. Any products that you have experienced that make a difference

Dudes what do we think of Charlotte Tilbury products?
Don’t have too many of their products but I do love their flawless filter, it makes your skin glowy. I’ve rebought it loads of times though elf seem to have brought out a much cheaper version everyone is raving about but not tried it yet

Don’t have too many of their products but I do love their flawless filter, it makes your skin glowy. I’ve rebought it loads of times though elf seem to have brought out a much cheaper version everyone is raving about but not tried it yet
Wouldn’t bother with the elf version took 3 weeks to be delivered because of the hype and it’s rubbish just makes face look greasy rather than glowy

What is the flawless filter meant to do and what in the skin regime does it replace?

What is the flawless filter meant to do and what in the skin regime does it replace?
It’s not skincare, it acts as a primer/glow type product - I find it more of a glow as I use a primer with it. The Elf one is actually a really good dupe
I just want to look glowy and pretty really so whatever you can recommend!
I love their beauty light wands, i wear pinkgasm in the blush which is very glowy and the hollywood contour wand in light to medium and i love it! I looooooove the setting spray too - it’s the best i’ve used! don’t waste your money on the magic cream in my opinion.
Revolution do good dupes for the wands if you wanted to try them too!

Reactions: 2
Honestly? I think they're very Emperor's new clothes. Not worth the price tag. I've used a few bits from the range and never been overly impressed.
Bought Pillow Talk lipstick and liner as everyone was raving and it looked bleeping awful on me. I got a blush too, its just like all my others.

Reactions: 4
My nails due to constant acrylics are trashed, very weak and thin. What’s best to strengthen them?

Reactions: 1
My nails due to constant acrylics are trashed, very weak and thin. What’s best to strengthen them?
Have you ever considered ditching acrylics and getting BIAB/builder gel? Mine are really strong and long from this - I haven’t had acrylics in years

Little recommendation: I bought the Benefit Goof Proof eyebrow pencil/ stick and it’s fab. Really is good proof- just stroke it through the eyebrow and it somehow plugs the gaps but also looks natural!

Reactions: 5
I’m going back to work after mat leave with some quite impressive dark circles. I remember, in the before times, thinking concealer was a con because it didn’t make a difference…turns out I just didn’t have anything to conceal back then 😭

Any recommendations for a good concealer that isn’t too spenny? I’m quite a pinky pale colour.

Reactions: 1
Any recommendations for a good concealer that isn’t too spenny? I’m quite a pinky pale colour.
I got my 2 favourites on offer- Tarte Shape Tape (slight pest though that it's via QVC, I exchanged a couple of times to get the right colour) and Bobbi Brown colour corrector.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.