Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a big fan of Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. If skint, Elf matte setting spray is a close second.

Reactions: 4
Revolution IRL Foundation - bought this recently to see what the fuss is all about and am pleasantly surprised.
pros - Excellent shade match ( i bought F2 and its a pretty much spot on match. A little goes a long way and its really good coverage - i would say its a medium but leans toward fuller coverage. It does not feel heavy when wearing it. Great longevity . Is matte but not full on matte - its a midway matte but didnt leave my skin feeling dry or looking patchy ( i have dry skin and usually struggle with matte foundations). Great price (£10 i think) .
Cons - Cant actually think of any. I think this is a good budget foundation for people who want a fuller looking coverage without it feeling or looking heavy on the skin.

Reactions: 4
Can anyone recommend a tinted face spf for dark skin?

i’ve seen good reviews for ultrasun but a few say it’s orange and cakey.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend a tinted face spf for dark skin?

i’ve seen good reviews for ultrasun but a few say it’s orange and cakey.
Ultraviolette have released a new tinted spf with what looks like a good shade collection and their non tinted ones are really lovely!

Ultraviolette have released a new tinted spf with what looks like a good shade collection and their non tinted ones are really lovely!
Thank you. I looked at that one but it’s not waterproof/sweatproof.

I just need it for during the day on holiday

Thank you. I looked at that one but it’s not waterproof/sweatproof.

I just need it for during the day on holiday
I use the ultrasun spf and find it fine, 1 pump does my face and I think any more than that you would get flaking as it dries. I have olive skin and would say medium colour and find the tinted version fine but not sure how it would work on a darker skin. I also use the regular version and put makeup on the top, you could add your own tinted moisturiser if you wait about 30 mins for the ultrasun to set.

Hi all, I'm 55, my skin is ok (water, water, water) but the area around my eyes is starting to look tired.

I'm not into botox or fillers, also have sensitive skin.

What would you propose to make my eye area 'fresh' looking?

Hi all, I'm 55, my skin is ok (water, water, water) but the area around my eyes is starting to look tired.

I'm not into botox or fillers, also have sensitive skin.

What would you propose to make my eye area 'fresh' looking?
A retinol eye cream may help?

I really love the loreal revitalift eye serum 😄

Isn't retinol quite harse on skin?
I have sensitive skin and I was fine when I started with it, I started very low dose and built up my tolerance. The inkey list retinol eye cream would be fine for you to start with if it’s your eyes you’re concerned about. Caffeine eye creams would help with it too.

I used to use inkey list caffeine eye cream of an AM and the retinol one of an evening, now I’ve replaced the caffeine with the loreal revitalift eye serum!

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here already before, but the Laura Mercier blur primer has to be a gift from God! It’s bloody amazing and a complete game changer! I think 10000% recommend for oily skin ladies

Reactions: 2
I use the ultrasun spf and find it fine, 1 pump does my face and I think any more than that you would get flaking as it dries. I have olive skin and would say medium colour and find the tinted version fine but not sure how it would work on a darker skin. I also use the regular version and put makeup on the top, you could add your own tinted moisturiser if you wait about 30 mins for the ultrasun to set.
I ordered the Ultrasun and it came today. Tried it on the back of my hand and it seems ok, not orange.

I’ll try it on my face in the morning but I think it’s going to be fine

hi everyone! Just found this thread and have a feeling it is going to cost me a fortune! I’m after a new bronzer I’ve got the Charlotte tilbury contour wand but looking for something for everyday….I’ve looked at the Charlotte tilbury but not sure I can justify £40+ at the moment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.