Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any recommendations for body washes for spotty backs? I’ve recently started going to the gym and swimming after and even with showering after I’m starting to get a spotty back (might be unrelated but it started at the same time). Not sure if it’s sweat or chlorine but it is a little more prone to itching and some spots appearing.

Any recommendations for body washes for spotty backs? I’ve recently started going to the gym and swimming after and even with showering after I’m starting to get a spotty back (might be unrelated but it started at the same time). Not sure if it’s sweat or chlorine but it is a little more prone to itching and some spots appearing.
What shower gel do you use? I have KP on my upper arms and have started using Cera Ve blemish control cleanser in the shower after using shower gel just before I get out. I pump a small bit on an exfoliating glove and lather it up with a little water and then go to town on the areas that bug me and it’s bloody amazing.. might be worth a try

Reactions: 5
What shower gel do you use? I have KP on my upper arms and have started using Cera Ve blemish control cleanser in the shower after using shower gel just before I get out. I pump a small bit on an exfoliating glove and lather it up with a little water and then go to town on the areas that bug me and it’s bloody amazing.. might be worth a try
Thanks I’ll check that out as I have KP on my arms too

Currently using an Elemis shower gel so perhaps it’s a bit too fragranced for my skin

Depending on what is causing the spots, a 2% salicylic acid cleanser such as cerave or inkey list might work well if left on for 2-3 mins. If that doesn't work, you can try using a shampoo containing 2% ketocanozole on the affected area and leave for 3-5 mins. That works really well on folliculitis.

Reactions: 3
Have you changed your shampoo recently?

My friend started to get a spotty back and turned out it was her shampoo that was causing it.

Reactions: 2
A Benzoyl Peroxide wash such as PanOxyl or a salicylic wash such as Neutrogena Grapefruit SA scrub work well, leave on for a couple of minutes before washing off. Be careful with BP as it can stain.

Reactions: 1
My boyfriend has this issue. Combination of heavy workouts and gym clothing leading to blocked pores and dry skin.

I got him Mario badescu aha botanical body soap. He uses it on his back and chest with a back scrubber to remove dead skin cells. Cleared his skin right up!

I need some advice.

I've had to start taking tramadol for chronic pain and since then, my skin has been breaking out! It's not a little spot here and there, it's all over my cheeks and chin. It's really getting me down.

I'm trying double cleansing, regular face packs and exfoliating twice a week but it's not making a huge difference. Can anyone recommend any spot treatments or skincare products that work??

I need some advice.

I've had to start taking tramadol for chronic pain and since then, my skin has been breaking out! It's not a little spot here and there, it's all over my cheeks and chin. It's really getting me down.

I'm trying double cleansing, regular face packs and exfoliating twice a week but it's not making a huge difference. Can anyone recommend any spot treatments or skincare products that work??
It’s probably effecting your gut. I’d take a probiotic each night before bed with a cold drink. Stop the exfoliating twice a week for now as it won’t help

I'd try a wash with salicylic acid as other recommended. If it is bad, my dermatologist recommended ISDIN acniben body spray. Just recomend to cover your nose when spraying because this stuff is STRONG.

does anyone know of a good hydrating lip oil that actually has some pigment? i see conflicting reviews a lot but i'd like a lip oil. It would need to have a decent amount of pigment though as I have very pigmented lips.

Has anybody used Armani luminous silk foundation and what did you think of it? My foundation is almost finished and I want to try a new foundation. I have combination skin that can be a little bit dry around my nose and chin sometimes so I wouldn’t want it to cling to dry patches!

Could somebody suggest a good primer also? Thanks 😊

does anyone know of a good hydrating lip oil that actually has some pigment? i see conflicting reviews a lot but i'd like a lip oil. It would need to have a decent amount of pigment though as I have very pigmented lips.
Dior addict lip glow oil is really good! It’s a bit pricey but it lasts a while

Reactions: 4
Has anybody used Armani luminous silk foundation and what did you think of it? My foundation is almost finished and I want to try a new foundation. I have combination skin that can be a little bit dry around my nose and chin sometimes so I wouldn’t want it to cling to dry patches!

I really want to try this too! Either this or the Dior forever skin glow? I have dry skin and I’ve heard good things

I really want to try this too! Either this or the Dior forever skin glow? I have dry skin and I’ve heard good things
I really wanted forever skin glow until I saw a review on YouTube and it put me off 😂 I use Nars sheer glow now but I’ve heard great things about luminous silk!

• Haha

I have Armani Luminous silk foundation! It is gorgeous, but pricey so I keep it for nights out as the one I have has no spf in it. I’m currently using Sculpted By Aimee second skin foundation (has an spf!) for daytime use and have got loads of compliments on it! Try before you buy!!

I loved luminous silk! I actually wear the loreal true match hydrating tinted serum with hyaluronic acid in it - it’s soooo hydrating and actually gives me lovely coverage without feeling too heavy!

Primer would depend on whether your foundation is silicone or water based as needs to match but I love the bobbi brown face base and adore the milk hydro grip primer x

• Heart

It’s a lovely foundation! I would recommend the Bobbi brown face and eye base for primers

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.