Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m looking for a really moisturising lipstick/ gloss as I have super dry lips. Any suggestions of a range I can look at?

I’m looking for a really moisturising lipstick/ gloss as I have super dry lips. Any suggestions of a range I can look at?
Pat McGrath tinted lipbalms and lip fetish balms are lovely!! The Nude Venus shade is fab and so moisturising. I usually stock up when they have a sale 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I love the laniege lip sleeping mask overnight, it’s really helped with my dryness. Love the MAC lip conditioner or the nivea lip oils for daytime x

Not sure if I’m late to the party with this but I’ve just seen on feel unique that you can order 5 samples a month for £3.95 postage. Might be a way of trying products out, think I’m going to order some samples later.

Reactions: 7
I like the Bobbi Brown lip tints. They are moisturising, but leave a stain so give a bit of colour as well.

I bought MAC Ruby Woo on a whim a few days ago. It made me look like a clown and my god it was SO drying.
One of my kids said ‘I can’t be seen with you wearing that’

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I bought MAC Ruby Woo on a whim a few days ago. It made me look like a clown and my god it was SO drying.
One of my kids said ‘I can’t be seen with you wearing that’
Fot me i find it fab for a night out, when make up us heavier and too much for day tine when i wear less make up.

It takes about a week for my lips to recover from how drying it is tho, which means i dont reach for it

Reactions: 3
I wear red lipstick most days, but I absolutely hate Ruby Woo. It's SO drying and it looks too pink on me. Russian Red and Lady Danger are much nicer.

Reactions: 5
I actually think ruby woo is such a gorgeous colour, like it’s the perfect blue red for me but you’re right it’s sooooo dryint

Reactions: 4
I wear red lipstick most days, but I absolutely hate Ruby Woo. It's SO drying and it looks too pink on me. Russian Red and Lady Danger are much nicer.
I agree I got a mini Ruby woo in my beauty advent calender last year and I hated it. It looked too bright on me.

Getting married at the end of the year, any tips/ procedures you would recommend to get my skin looking glowy and fabulous? 😂😂

I went on holiday and I am not sure if I’ve had a reaction to my sun cream, but my neck has broken out in whiteheads, which is particularly unattractive! Mr DragName said my upper back is spotty, too. Any tips for dealing with this? The rest of my body, which got the same sun cream (except my face which had the LRP anti shine stuff I always use), is fine. I could have been bitten by some sort of bugs, but they very much look like whiteheads on my neck. I got a slight burn to my upper back, but my neck has remained its normal colour.

Feel free to move this if this isn’t the place, but can anyone recommend any products that works for melasma? I went for a consultation to get IPL done today for pigmentation, only to be told it’s melasma and she wouldn’t do laser on it..

Reactions: 1
Feel free to move this if this isn’t the place, but can anyone recommend any products that works for melasma? I went for a consultation to get IPL done today for pigmentation, only to be told it’s melasma and she wouldn’t do laser on it..
That's interesting as I had a consultation yesterday for a few things, one being melasma. My doc is going to treat mine with lasers but she also recommended using tranexamic acid. She is trialling a product with a good percentage in. When I start my treatment plan I'll ask her what brand it is.

I wonder why you were told lasers wouldn't work.

Reactions: 1
That's interesting as I had a consultation yesterday for a few things, one being melasma. My doc is going to treat mine with lasers but she also recommended using tranexamic acid. She is trialling a product with a good percentage in. When I start my treatment plan I'll ask her what brand it is.

I wonder why you were told lasers wouldn't work.
Interesting!! I’ve always thought it was pigmentation I have but she took one look at me and said she thinks it’s melasma, and then took one of those images of my skin where you see the damage layers deep. She told me IPL has mixed results and the consensus on it is that usually it does nothing and that it could make it worse. She is getting a new machine in November which will allow her to give peels which she seems to think will be more successful in combating it. I was depressed on the journey home tbh.. she made me feel like Quasimodo 😆 and said she can see the melasma spreading down my face. I was like great…
Maybe I’ll go somewhere else for another opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Interesting!! I’ve always thought it was pigmentation I have but she took one look at me and said she thinks it’s melasma, and then took one of those images of my skin where you see the damage layers deep. She told me IPL has mixed results and the consensus on it is that usually it does nothing and that it could make it worse. She is getting a new machine in November which will allow her to give peels which she seems to think will be more successful in combating it. I was depressed on the journey home tbh.. she made me feel like Quasimodo 😆 and said she can see the melasma spreading down my face. I was like great…
Maybe I’ll go somewhere else for another opinion
Oh bless you! Mine is spreading too, it’s suddenly come out of nowhere really badly in my forehead and no legs starting down my cheeks. My doc did say it can be hard to treat. She was so kind though and make me feel really comfortable. She did a test patch and it didn’t hurt at all. I’m seeing her for rosacea and red veins first, then tackle the melasma in winter. I don’t know where you’re based but I’m happy to give you her details? I’m Hampshire.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.