Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Going back to the fine line blurrers- has anyone used any that actually made a difference? The reviews I've seen on the Revolution and the Trinny ones haven't been that convincing so wondered if anyone had any other recommendations? I have fine lines under my eyes which look awful when I smile, and I dont really want to stop smiling to get rid of them 😄
When you smile, people only see the smile, not the lines you see. Smile away. Smiling is an instant face beautifier.

The only time you should never smile is when some random man tells you to cheer up love.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Gold_7

Chatty Member
I can confirm that CT Hollywood Filter and Collection Filter Finish are virtually identical. The only difference I can discern is about £30 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 16

Megansnarkle

VIP Member
Had a hydrafacial today with a different girl than usual, facial was great but she did not rate my current skincare routine 😬 and kept saying she would “only ever use medical grade products”. But she gave me a sample of Skinceuticals intense hyaluronic acid so that was nice.

Also. I think I’m going to take the plunge and get Botox after my next hydrafacial. I’ll be almost 31 so it’s probably time!
Probably time?! You're still a baby!

Reactions: 14

aidil

VIP Member
Whoever recommended Essence mascara on here, you’re the BEST. Got myself one in Wilkos yesterday and it shits all over any of the fancy boujie ones I’ve tried. Can’t get over the volume and length I get for £3.50! 😮💨

• Heart
Reactions: 13

House of Tea

VIP Member
I had my very first proper facial on Saturday, the therapist put together a plan specifically for me so obvs might not be appropriate for you, but I couldn’t believe how simple a regime she was suggesting! No toner, no exfoliater, don’t bother with 99% of the millions of products I’ve been buying 😂 and only use moisturiser if I want to, it’s not essential. My skin was terrible and some of it was down to my applying every product I own with no clue what I was doing.

AM
Exuviance gentle creme cleanser
Heliocare 360 oil free SPF 50 suncream

PM
Simple oil cleanser
Exuviance gentle creme cleanser
Medik8 retinal 6 every other day for a few weeks, then every day

I’ve only been doing it since Sunday but my skin looks and feels amazing
I do think people are applying too many products, and sometime quite harsh products. Think it’s all just to make women spend more and more on products, and more time doing the regimes. Women used to be chained to the kitchen sink, now it’s the bathroom one. And sometimes I feel the need to don a lab coat going to Boots. The choice of products is now bewildering. My skin looks better when I take a less is more approach.

Reactions: 12

hannahsaurusrex

Oh I’m so glad to read these replies! I really want to start looking after myself a bit more- my brother died very suddenly in lockdown and I’ve been suffering so badly with depression and ptsd. I need to eat better and exercise more but was thinking doing somethings like this may help!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

teabob

I have had irritated skin eyelid on my eyelids for weeks (maybe even months). I think it was triggered by using UK Lash and already having a compromised skin barrier from following Caroline Hirons crap advice up until last year.

I couldn’t even use cerave on it. Vaseline didn’t work - it burned putting it on. I got Epaderm which initially helped and certainly didn’t make it worse so been using it and just accepting the dry patches. Any time I cry, it completely flares up again and looks red raw. Was at the optician and she said to use E45 which it reacted to and what’s in the top photo. After reading about Nivea cream on here, I thought I’ll try that. I know it has fragrance in it but I gave it a go and didn’t feel a bit of a reaction and it looks better after just 1 night as seen in the pic. For £2 it was worth the gamble.
ED98158F-A96A-4AC0-8917-646F8E668C6E.jpeg

Reactions: 11

dee_mc

VIP Member
...I don’t have wrinkles, but I do have a forehead crease from scowling at cunts all day at work- I’m going to try and get Botox to stop me doing that...
I've no particular advice for you as I'm nicely older and have different skin concerns but just wanted to say thanks for my first proper laugh of the day!
I've smile lines primarily from fake-smiling at idiot customers so I feel your pain.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I must have been living under a rock because I'd never heard of the Revolution miracle cream until reading this thread. Saw 1 pot left in superdrug the other day so picked it up, seconds later a lady came looking for it then started complaining that it was all sold out and she really wanted to try it (snooze you lose). Anyway my skin feels so nice with it, and I have minging skin, make up looks much better with it too. Loved it so much I bought another pot plus a big 100ml one on ASOS as it was 30% off! So thank you to the tattlers that mentioned it.
It's so good isn't it? I'm running out and must get a new one. Caroline Hirons has launched her basic moisturiser and it is £58 😲 and I simply cannot understand how it is £52 better than the Revolution one. People's heads must be cut to spend that much these days when there are excellent cheap alternatives.

Btw a game changer has been adding a couple of drops of Hiyalaronic (sp??? 😂) Acid serum (Boots own for £5) to moisturiser. I did it as I read about it somewhere. Glanced in the mirror later and could not believe the smooth glowing skin - which believe me is NOT normal 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Crumpet41

VIP Member
I bought the L’Oréal foundation ( True Match) foundation last week and must be the only person who doesn’t get on with it. I have used it two or three times and it “sits” on my skin. I have also struggled with adding on blush / bronzer as well. It’s not for me.

Maybelline - lash sensational mascara.This has been a brilliant buy. I have long lashes naturally and this mascara does a really great job with lengthening and separating. £9.99

L’oreal - Telescopic mascara - only used this a couple of a couple of times and I like it but I do find the mascara is quite liquidy so it adds a lot of product on which then ends up as panda eyes . I think that once it dries up a bit this won’t be such a problem. Of the two mascaras I have recently bought I currently prefer the Maybelline one. £10.99

number 17 cream blush - soft pink. Very pretty shade but it’s very subtle so if you like this sort of blush look then you may like it. Goes on easily and blends well. Really good value at £4.50

Reactions: 10

House of Tea

VIP Member
I have used the Tilbury Hollywood Filter and when it ended, the Collection dupe. I prefer the latter and have made the latter a permanent swap. My purse approves.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Lilliepad

VIP Member
I can understand the ire about the price hike, always annoying, but the business person is black and going to earn well out of it, so in that respect seeing a black business do well is cheering. And maybe it will bring more black businesses into the market.

I don’t like dictators in any sphere, particularly hate all this cultural appropriation malarky, unless it is an appropriation that encourages racism. Leaving horrible comments is not on. What any one chooses to wear or use is not really anybody’s business. One of my black colleagues wears a blond wig. I must tell her to remove it as she has no right to wear it, or maybe I should just mind my own business and let her crack on.
I think what people tend to miss is that when these brands become popular for European markets, the prices increase, then they get bought out, then the formulas change, and the initial market it was originally for can no longer use it because it no longer works for them.

For reference, this has already happened to Shea Moisture, Carol’s Daughter, Aunt Jackie’s and I’m sure a few more.

There’s no need for nasty comments of course, but in a world where the black hair are market is so much smaller than the European market, there is genuine concern that if they become extremely popular for a different demographic, the product will be changed to cater to those people, leaving black women with even less products to turn to.

• Heart

Wavylines

Chatty Member
I remember reading years ago that we were all using it wrong: apparently everyone used it as a concealer but it was in fact some kind of illuminator or highlighter thing.
I'm sure they launched a concealer with Touche Eclat in the name years later, which probably didn't help much with the confusion!
Anyway I use a cheapy Essence concealer and I find it great for covering spots and staying put, and quite good for undereye concealing (blue-coloured circles)
Its not a concealer. Its a highlighter so i wouldnt use it on dark circles as it would do nothing.

• Haha

House of Tea

VIP Member
Have any of you lovely ladies any recommendations for forehead wrinkles? They're not bad yet but I want to really try and put off going down the route of botox.
I have tried retinol and it was too harsh for my skin, I think it was the lowest % too. I wouldn't usually consider my skin as sensitive. I have combination skin but it is starting to become drier than it was a few years ago.
A fringe?

• Haha

PumpkinKing

Chatty Member
I must have been living under a rock because I'd never heard of the Revolution miracle cream until reading this thread. Saw 1 pot left in superdrug the other day so picked it up, seconds later a lady came looking for it then started complaining that it was all sold out and she really wanted to try it (snooze you lose). Anyway my skin feels so nice with it, and I have minging skin, make up looks much better with it too. Loved it so much I bought another pot plus a big 100ml one on ASOS as it was 30% off! So thank you to the tattlers that mentioned it.