Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hi everyone! Just found this thread and have a feeling it is going to cost me a fortune! I’m after a new bronzer I’ve got the Charlotte tilbury contour wand but looking for something for everyday….I’ve looked at the Charlotte tilbury but not sure I can justify £40+ at the moment
Do you want a cream/liquid contour/bronzer that’s similar then? or a powder? x

Reactions: 1
Not really sure. I’ve looked at the Charlotte tilbury powder and the new cream bronzer….I like to look glowy
Estée Lauder have a nice one. It’s a bit of a highlighter as well but it is stunning. I’ll try find a pic

It’s this one. They have another nice bronzer as well. It has gone up in priceI’m sure I didn’t pay that much !!!
But I usually pay mine over three months with PayPal because I can’t stand forking out loads af once ( I only get paid weekly so it’s easier for me to do that )

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Not really sure. I’ve looked at the Charlotte tilbury powder and the new cream bronzer….I like to look glowy
Revolution do a dupe for the CT light wands, they were a bit difficult to get hold of but might have calmed down now! The cream bronzer is basically a dupe for the chanel tan de soleil and will last you soooooo long so I genuinely think it’s worth the money!
I really like the physicians formula butter bronzer! But I pop that over the top of cream ones!

Reactions: 4
Revolution do a dupe for the CT light wands, they were a bit difficult to get hold of but might have calmed down now! The cream bronzer is basically a dupe for the chanel tan de soleil and will last you soooooo long so I genuinely think it’s worth the money!
I really like the physicians formula butter bronzer! But I pop that over the top of cream ones!
Thank you 😊 have you tried the cream bronzer? It’s out of stock 😭

I needed to spend a few extra quid to get free delivery from Shein so browsed the make up and decided to go for a nude lipstick thinking it would be crap but for 2 quid I’d go for it anyway. It’s gorgeous! A bit like Teddy from Mac. It’s she glam. I’ve not worn it properly to see how long it lasts but was pleasantly surprised with the colour and texture.

Years ago the Beauty Bible team used to release books of beauty trials but now they do awards, which they put on their website. This is the 2022 ones - covers all beauty areas. Might be of interest?

If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Bible, they say they are “the only beauty awards tested by real women in real life, over a period of months. Over the past 26 years, we’ve had over 33,000 women testing products for us – the biggest-ever independent trial of beauty products ever carried out.”

• Heart
Reactions: 8
hi everyone! Am looking for a foundation suitable for oily skin (t-zone) and good coverage to hide blemishes/acne marks.
Does anyone have any good recommendations? thank you 😊

hi everyone! Am looking for a foundation suitable for oily skin (t-zone) and good coverage to hide blemishes/acne marks.
Does anyone have any good recommendations? thank you 😊
I’ve used the Clinique Anti-Blemish foundation for years :)

Nars sheer radiant foundation is so nice really recommend and I have very sensitive skin not had any irritation

The Mac stack mascara is really really good one of the best mascaras I’ve tried in years

I also like the mac stack mascara but for me it does leave a panda eye look under my eye. I saw a tip on Tiktok to say that using a mascara primer stops this happening. Have not tried this myself so not sure if it does work . But for making my lashes look lovely it’s a thumbs up.

Has anyone tried Mac stack mascara?
Yes and I love it!!!
I also like the mac stack mascara but for me it does leave a panda eye look under my eye. I saw a tip on Tiktok to say that using a mascara primer stops this happening. Have not tried this myself so not sure if it does work . But for making my lashes look lovely it’s a thumbs up.
Loreal do a lovely primer I think it’s called Paradise and I use it with my mac stack as to begin with it did this to me too x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.