_georgiefit #2 Baby spoon user, steroid abuser. Banned from the gym for being a loser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry this is slightly off topic but it seemed like a logical place to ask it as I've no doubt there are ex-clients of Georgie's on here who have moved on to other coaches. Can anyone recommend an actual good genuine online coach please that doesn't cost the earth? I've taken an interest in this thread because I'm looking for an online coach and Instagram is an absolute minefield of rip-off merchants!

Sorry this is slightly off topic but it seemed like a logical place to ask it as I've no doubt there are ex-clients of Georgie's on here who have moved on to other coaches. Can anyone recommend an actual good genuine online coach please that doesn't cost the earth? I've taken an interest in this thread because I'm looking for an online coach and Instagram is an absolute minefield of rip-off merchants!
Literally ANYONE but G

Reactions: 2
Me😉 jokes i'm not qualified as of yet sadly.

Id say go for someone who has a personal experience with training and understands its important your life isnt overruled by training and nutrition (if its the lifestyle kind of changes you want to make anyway, in comparison to competing in shows)

Also someone you can tell doesnt have LOADS of clients and maybe has not long started out because imo you get more time and support from those who dont have the largest client loads. But again, it depends on how new to it you are and if you are in need of more support. Personally, a 1 time a week checkin isnt enough support imo.

Again, if someone is fairly new to coaching, their prices will reflect this too. It is an investment though and if you put in the work and take on board the things you are taught etc its worth every penny

Reactions: 4
Dan Rayner @dan_rayner_fitness
Sophie Flo @sophieflo

Reactions: 1

Depending on how advanced you are regarding your knowledge of weight training and nutrition, you might want to consider "coaching yourself" to begin with. I don't know your situation, but learning about macronutrients (protein, fats and carbohydrates) along with energy balance (calories consumed vs calories burned) will allow you to understand how to manipulate your body composition and bodyweight.

There are plenty of free tools and apps to track calories and macronutrients (myfitnesspal). You could calculate what you're currently eating to maintain your current weight, and then look at adding or decreasing overall calories to manipulate your weight. 3500 calories = 1lb of fat, so by reducing your daily calories by 500, over the course of a week you could expect to lose 1lb (7days x 500 calories = 3500 calories/1lb of bodyweight)

Protein is important to maintain and build muscle mass. It's also very satiating (filling), so by including a protein source with every meal, you'll stay fuller for longer and be less inclined to overeat. You can spread your meals throughout the day to suit your schedule. 6 smaller meals vs 3 larger ones isn't important, so long as the total calories and protein are the same for the whole day.

Good vs Bad foods - As long as your protein needs are met, and you're consuming some vegetables and healthy fats (extra virgin olive oil, nuts, avocado) don't be too concerned with eating "clean" food all day. You can have treats, desserts or other foods you like as long as your total calories don't exceed the amount you've calculated to reach your goal. Read about the concept of "If it fits your macros" (IIFYM) for more on this.

Cardio or hitting your daily steps can be used as a tool to stay fit (So you're able to run for a bus without collapsing due to shortness of breath) but also as a way to burn calories, allowing you to eat more if you wish. Remember that diet is much more important purely as a weight loss tool than cardio. Didn’t hit your 10000 steps? Doesn’t matter, just have 1 cookie instead of 2.

Workouts - There are thousands of different "splits" online (splitting up body parts and muscle groups to be worked on different days).
Give your muscle time to rest and grow, so look at working out 3-5 days per week and try to give yourself a day or two before working the same muscle group again. Watch youtube videos to learn proper form, or record yourself doing the exercise to observe any obvious mistakes with your form (arching your back on deadlifts for example).
There isn't a magic rep range for muscle growth, so try to do more than 3-6 reps but less than 20 reps per set. You should be struggling towards the end of the set. 10 total sets per body part is sufficient.
While the gyms are closed, use what you have and again, there are so many guides online with suggestions for bodyweight excersises/resistance bands.

Plenty of sleep, plenty of water or diet soft drinks/sugar free squash to stay hydrated, coffee/caffeine is fine.
You can download free microsoft excel or google sheets spreadsheets for tracking your weight/workouts/daily calories.
Take pictures in the same lighting, from the front, back and side and weigh yourself every week or two.
Weight can fluctuate depending on the time of the day and how much water your body is holding onto (This can be the result of sodium/carbohydrates in your diet and hormonal changes) Noticeable, visible changes take weeks and months, not days.

The big problem with the fitness/coaching industry is that there are so many different methods of getting you further towards your dream figure, and they all work as long as you stick with them. There isn't a magic diet (low carb for example) or exercise routine that will transform you overnight.

Find something YOU enjoy and can stick with, and the results will come. Coaches tend to overcomplicate things, and have you tracking every workout you perform/meal you eat to the point where it can be all consuming and your mental health takes a hit as you find yourself scrolling instagram looking at perfect physiques and comparing yourself. Don't let go of your other hobbies and interests, and keep fitness as one part of a you as a person.

The only time I'd absolutely recommend a coach is if you're planning on competing. Accountability is important in this instance, and when you get very lean, your brain tries hard to convince you to eat more, so having someone there to monitor and keep you on track is very helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Depending on how advanced you are regarding your knowledge of weight training and nutrition, you might want to consider "coaching yourself" to begin with. I don't know your situation, but learning about macronutrients (protein, fats and carbohydrates) along with energy balance (calories consumed vs calories burned) will allow you to understand how to manipulate your body composition and bodyweight.

There are plenty of free tools and apps to track calories and macronutrients (myfitnesspal). You could calculate what you're currently eating to maintain your current weight, and then look at adding or decreasing overall calories to manipulate your weight. 3500 calories = 1lb of fat, so by reducing your daily calories by 500, over the course of a week you could expect to lose 1lb (7days x 500 calories = 3500 calories/1lb of bodyweight)

Protein is important to maintain and build muscle mass. It's also very satiating (filling), so by including a protein source with every meal, you'll stay fuller for longer and be less inclined to overeat. You can spread your meals throughout the day to suit your schedule. 6 smaller meals vs 3 larger ones isn't important, so long as the total calories and protein are the same for the whole day.

Good vs Bad foods - As long as your protein needs are met, and you're consuming some vegetables and healthy fats (extra virgin olive oil, nuts, avocado) don't be too concerned with eating "clean" food all day. You can have treats, desserts or other foods you like as long as your total calories don't exceed the amount you've calculated to reach your goal. Read about the concept of "If it fits your macros" (IIFYM) for more on this.

Cardio or hitting your daily steps can be used as a tool to stay fit (So you're able to run for a bus without collapsing due to shortness of breath) but also as a way to burn calories, allowing you to eat more if you wish. Remember that diet is much more important purely as a weight loss tool than cardio. Didn’t hit your 10000 steps? Doesn’t matter, just have 1 cookie instead of 2.

Workouts - There are thousands of different "splits" online (splitting up body parts and muscle groups to be worked on different days).
Give your muscle time to rest and grow, so look at working out 3-5 days per week and try to give yourself a day or two before working the same muscle group again. Watch youtube videos to learn proper form, or record yourself doing the exercise to observe any obvious mistakes with your form (arching your back on deadlifts for example).
There isn't a magic rep range for muscle growth, so try to do more than 3-6 reps but less than 20 reps per set. You should be struggling towards the end of the set. 10 total sets per body part is sufficient.
While the gyms are closed, use what you have and again, there are so many guides online with suggestions for bodyweight excersises/resistance bands.

Plenty of sleep, plenty of water or diet soft drinks/sugar free squash to stay hydrated, coffee/caffeine is fine.
You can download free microsoft excel or google sheets spreadsheets for tracking your weight/workouts/daily calories.
Take pictures in the same lighting, from the front, back and side and weigh yourself every week or two.
Weight can fluctuate depending on the time of the day and how much water your body is holding onto (This can be the result of sodium/carbohydrates in your diet and hormonal changes) Noticeable, visible changes take weeks and months, not days.

The big problem with the fitness/coaching industry is that there are so many different methods of getting you further towards your dream figure, and they all work as long as you stick with them. There isn't a magic diet (low carb for example) or exercise routine that will transform you overnight.

Find something YOU enjoy and can stick with, and the results will come. Coaches tend to overcomplicate things, and have you tracking every workout you perform/meal you eat to the point where it can be all consuming and your mental health takes a hit as you find yourself scrolling instagram looking at perfect physiques and comparing yourself. Don't let go of your other hobbies and interests, and keep fitness as one part of a you as a person.

The only time I'd absolutely recommend a coach is if you're planning on competing. Accountability is important in this instance, and when you get very lean, your brain tries hard to convince you to eat more, so having someone there to monitor and keep you on track is very helpful.
Are you okay girl? You could have charged £200 a month for revealing that info 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Good advice! Takes people years to learn that/learn how to apply it to their own lives.

Yes to all of the above!

I'd also say if you want pointers on form a coach who knows what they're doing is good, but I would recommend looking into local gyms (not the franchises, you know the smaller ones) because a lot of PTs have moved online and need the money right now. Don't give people like G your money- people who only care about instagram income, who give out cookie cutter plans modelled off the one they're currently doing. Who give you food plans when they are NOT qualified to give you any food suggestions.

Reactions: 7

Omg this 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I had a coach and honestly she was very good, she didn’t teach me anything I already know (which is most of the above) but I thought the accountability would help me to stick to it. It had the opposite effect and I started to feel like everything I was doing was for her and not for me. She was very understanding and moved my targets if I was struggling to fit everything in, but I still found myself justifying myself/making up excuses at check ins if I hadn’t had a ‘good’ week! Or after my check in I’d go off track that day and eat everything thinking oh I’ve got the rest of the week to make this up.

Now I still take pictures and my measurements for my own records but only every few weeks as I find a week isn’t a long time for much to change. I just take it day by day and it’s working sooo much better for me! I totally get some people will do better working with a coach but honestly try it by yourself for a few months and you’ll surprise yourself! If you’re struggling with exercise a PT will be a lot better as you’ll only need a few to learn proper form and routines etc

Remember as well they only post the best results they’ve had from people. They’ll be a lot of clients they’ve had that they don’t show!

Reactions: 3
One final thing for ANYONE currently working with, or planning to work with a coach in the future -

It's very important to be fully transparent and honest with your coach about any times you've gone "off plan" or sneaked in an extra slice of cake or packet of crisps during the day.

Remember, your coach expects you to deviate from the plan, and mess up from time to time. That's fine, they won't be disappointed, but they will be able to make any dietary changes needed to account for the extra items you've eaten and get you back on track.

By not revealing everything, you're making it more difficult for a coach to figure out why you're not losing body fat.
You're the client who is paying for a service, so you're only cheating yourself by not being honest.

Reactions: 6
One final thing for ANYONE currently working with, or planning to work with a coach in the future -

It's very important to be fully transparent and honest with your coach about any times you've gone "off plan" or sneaked in an extra slice of cake or packet of crisps during the day.

Remember, your coach expects you to deviate from the plan, and mess up from time to time. That's fine, they won't be disappointed, but they will be able to make any dietary changes needed to account for the extra items you've eaten and get you back on track.

By not revealing everything, you're making it more difficult for a coach to figure out why you're not losing body fat.
You're the client who is paying for a service, so you're only cheating yourself by not being honest.
YES!!! This!!! (I’m not a coach but my partner is. The whole ‘yeah I had a perfect week’ is his pet hate

😂😂 I used to be coached by Corinne Ingman and I told her I had eaten one of those multi pack size of sweets (like 20g I think, 40 or 50 cals) and she wrote me a 4 paragraph essay on why she was disappointed in me 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
😂😂 I used to be coached by Corinne Ingman and I told her I had eaten one of those multi pack size of sweets (like 20g I think, 40 or 50 cals) and she wrote me a 4 paragraph essay on why she was disappointed in me 😂
:ROFLMAO:
Those tiny bags of sweets are beyond small! a "pack" of haribo starmix may contain 1 cola bottle, 1 love heart, a gummy ring and a golden bear.
A truly indulgent cheat meal :D

I watched long interview with her about her approach to clients. She's a very smart lady with a Masters Degree in Exercise Physiology and a long history of prepping both herself and others for bodybuilding related competition. She came across as very genuine and caring for her clients.
She mentioned how her food choices don't change whether she's contest dieting or in the offseason, only the amounts change, and that she doesn't desire cheat foods at all. I guess some people are just wired differently.

How did you find the experience?

Reactions: 3

Thank you for this 💕 I think I just need to trust my own instincts more! Which online calorie calculators tend to be reliable, do you know? And any recommendations for sources of science-based nutrition/macros/strength training info? I absolutely love Natacha Oceane on YouTube as all her opinions are based on the science behind health so any sources similar to her would be fab.

Thank you for this 💕 I think I just need to trust my own instincts more! Which online calorie calculators tend to be reliable, do you know? And any recommendations for sources of science-based nutrition/macros/strength training info? I absolutely love Natacha Oceane on YouTube as all her opinions are based on the science behind health so any sources similar to her would be fab.

The trainer I’m with recommends this!

Just wanted to pop in and say I miss you all awfully. I unfollowed the bleep bucket after the free school meals post. Shocked and surprised to see she's still a bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Jordan Syatt has a good one

Calorie trackers - Try “MyFitnessPal “ first. It’s free, and our Georgie uses it! It has a handy barcode scanner and a large database of UK food products.

Two paid options are “Loseit” and “Nutracheck” which has a monthly fee and boasts the largest database of UK foods. I'm sure there are many more.

Sources of science-based nutrition/macros/strength training info?

For training - @Jeffnippard and @jeremyethier . They both have youtube channels explaining the science behind strength training.

Nutrition – Layne Norton @biolayne on Instagram and youtube. He’s a really smart guy (PHD in nutrition sciences) with lots of short, informative youtube videos addressing common myths or assumptions such as “does sugar cause cancer” or “will eating less slow down my metabolism” with the scientific studies to explain all.

The amount and quality of knowledge available for free and online from reputable people dwarfs anything our Georgie can google and regurgitate to her clients. £150 a month honestly makes me sick to my stomach.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.