No wonder that neighbour was so upset on the phone to the police
kevin should have fought for his custodial rights before this went so farKevin has applied for restitution for all 4 of the minor children. Quite right as A and J, will need some serious de-hacking to shed some of the Connexions way of thinking and it certainly seems like J was witnessing some of what was happening with R and E.
I’m unsure what you mean? He’s been fighting for custody since almost day one? But the state, rightly, has challenged him. There’s still a lot of unknowns, and Kevin will have had to prove he’s able to step up and care for all of them. He’d not seen them for 14 months so it would have been unethical for DCFS to just hand the children back. Caring for one deeply traumatised child is hard, but caring for four, with your own trauma. Almost impossible.kevin should have fought for his custodial rights before this went so far
As soon as Ruby kicked him out he should have fought rather than being absent from his children’s lives for over 1 yearI’m unsure what you mean? He’s been fighting for custody since almost day one? But the state, rightly, has challenged him. There’s still a lot of unknowns, and Kevin will have had to prove he’s able to step up and care for all of them. He’d not seen them for 14 months so it would have been unethical for DCFS to just hand the children back. Caring for one deeply traumatised child is hard, but caring for four, with your own trauma. Almost impossible.
He was still trying to get back into the group even after the arrest. That man needs to be kept far far faaaaar away from those kids he was almost as bad as her, he just kicked out before it got even worse but we all know he would of also done the same as the other two and would of seen no wrong in it.I’m unsure what you mean? He’s been fighting for custody since almost day one? But the state, rightly, has challenged him. There’s still a lot of unknowns, and Kevin will have had to prove he’s able to step up and care for all of them. He’d not seen them for 14 months so it would have been unethical for DCFS to just hand the children back. Caring for one deeply traumatised child is hard, but caring for four, with your own trauma. Almost impossible.
I am 100% not Kevin’s biggest fan but it’s a hell of a leap to suggest this would have happened with him as well. He should have got custody but like many of Jodi Hildebrandts clients they were all brainwashed. They’re not blameless, not by a long shot. But a lot of the issues start and end with Jodi.He was still trying to get back into the group even after the arrest. That man needs to be kept far far faaaaar away from those kids he was almost as bad as her, he just kicked out before it got even worse but we all know he would of also done the same as the other two and would of seen no wrong in it.
Did it really start with Jodi???? He was doing quite questionable things way way waaaay before Jodi. They're all cut from the same cloth. He would never of had custody because he was actively trying to be accepted back into the house with all that going on. Everyone in that family including him knew.I am 100% not Kevin’s biggest fan but it’s a hell of a leap to suggest this would have happened with him as well. He should have got custody but like many of Jodi Hildebrandts clients they were all brainwashed. They’re not blameless, not by a long shot. But a lot of the issues start and end with Jodi.
Ruby and Kevin dehumanized 3 of the kids on the channel for years. Not only did Kevin whisper in E ear what to say at testimony meeting about being a thief they taped it and put in on the channel. She just repeated the words he said for her to say. It was right in their him telling her what to say and her parroting it. I had a problem with stealing. I no longer have a problem with stealing. It like they have to imagine something they have to overcome and then confess the thing and the recovery to their church? I was thinking why is he trying to have us see his little girl as a thief..? I really I doubt the child too young for age of understanding was a thief. Her mother was a thief constantly wandering about the house and car tossing things the kids had. Homework, pens, clothing C had none in the closet when he got back from that awful camp. She would go in a room with nothing more than a bed and blanket and pillows on it and open the closet doors and declare something cluttered on a shelf in the closet and toss it. On the shelf for pity sakes. Not even on the floor. So weird. Her closet full though. I think C and R and E often dehumanized on camera. I worry what they did to J and A as it was so bad it was hidden. S I think treated the best. Except for her money missing… I think the shaving the head another example of dehumanizing. Her papers suggest those kids lucky to be alive and thank goodness R‘s attempt to run away finally successful. He kept trying. Not the first time.I suddenly remembered a disturbing comment Ruby made about E in one of their videos. I think E was around 5 at the time and Ruby was saying that E had been climbing trees and had torn her t shirt, she then continues by saying "She's our wild child, we keep her in the closet" and laughed. That comment is even worse now we have seen where E was found and what was happening. Abuse was going on the whole time they had that YouTube channel for all to see, i reported several of their videos, even sending specific time stamps of videos to YouTube where certain things were said or done that caused concern. I really do believe these children would have died if R hadn't had escaped and gone to the neighbours that day, their injuries were so severe. I am worried about how much trauma these children will carry too and as you said there is a risk they could develop certain disorders from the abuse and trauma. These poor children![]()
The grandparents heavily support Ruby and hope that the children forgive her some day which is an awful way of thinking. She left the youngest two close to death and the youngest two and their older siblings all have psychological trauma. The Aunties still vlog so it would be a child protection issue to place them in a home where cameras are filming most of the day and they don't need to be exploited anymore than they were before when Ruby had her channel. I want them to be with someone who understands them, who will support them properly and who won't preach a load of lies to them or force them to forgive their abuser. We have to remember Ruby's family are heavily religious, they believe in forgiveness and redemption, Ruby's parents believe that she should be forgiven, even by the children she nearly killed and left traumatised, so does Ruby's sister Ellie, she's very much on the grandparents side. I will definitely be buying Shari's new book as I want to hear her story in her own words without it being twisted by journalists.So sharks coming out with a book, you know it’s going to do well, I hope it helps her somewhat heal,
I still wonder why the kids never went to extended family, maybe not r and e as they’d need specialist help to overcome the trauma of what they’ve been through, but here they’d go to immediate family first, why have the grandparents or other aunts never stood forward for them