8 Passengers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’re Jodi and Ruby dating??? There was deffo something weird going on

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I don’t know for sure but if you read the other stories from people mixed up with her, Jodi has a real pattern of getting rid of the husbands to get close to the wives so…

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I don’t know for sure but if you read the other stories from people mixed up with her, Jodi has a real pattern of getting rid of the husbands to get close to the wives so…
Yes there’s a train of thought, she booted the husbands out the way, to get close to the wives and the self-harming behaviour was because they don’t recognise being gay in LDS church.Hence all the evil/devil stuff she says.

Ruby and Jodi were sharing a bed at one point so who knows

Reactions: 7
The youngest two kids R and E always had a lovely bond and even in photos over the years you can really see the bond so although the abuse they’ve been put through is so awful and heartbreaking and they’ll have so much trauma to work through , I hope in time they’ll be able to be there for each other , have a close relationship and have the lives they deserve to have because they both deserve so much happiness.

What worries me is if in the future Kevin or any of the other family members that are trying to justify what Ruby did or still keeping a relationship with her are ever around those kids because all those kids need to be far away from anyone who thinks Ruby deserves forgiveness. These kids need people supporting them and never letting them get hurt and manipulated ever again. I don’t trust Rubys parents or sisters I don’t care how much you love a family member, what Ruby did to those kids is evil and unforgivable. If they want to keep a relationship with Ruby that’s their choice but I hope those kids are kept far away from all of them. Kevin is a terrible father and I hope he’s filled with guilt and shame for the rest of his life. As for Ruby and Jodi they both should of been charged with attempted murder!

Reactions: 16
The photos of the children’s injuries are so HORRIFIC, when I saw them my stomach literally physically hurt, I had a visceral reaction.

but in the jailhouse phone call to her husband, when he tells her the kids will be in hospital for 3 days she was surprised and said they were exaggerating. Jesus.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Exactly, like she genuinely does not realize or seem to engage with the severity of what she has done, that's why I think she should be in jail for a very long time.

Reactions: 8
Yes there’s a train of thought, she booted the husbands out the way, to get close to the wives and the self-harming behaviour was because they don’t recognise being gay in LDS church.Hence all the evil/devil stuff she says.

Ruby and Jodi were sharing a bed at one point so who knows
Yeah plus there’s so many loopholes in the church, like soaking etc that I wouldn’t be suprised if she was convincing and blackmailing Ruby

Reactions: 4
The photos of Russell’s injury’s is horrific and I wish I hadn’t seen them but I didn’t realise what I was clicking on in the subreddit. I don’t think they would be alive today if it wasn’t for him breaking out either!
I just came here to see if anyone had seen the photos. I don't know why but I had seen so many videos talking about the evidence and they all seemed to show the photos of R with the cling film/duct tape, so I just assumed the photos were more of the same, which is horrific enough. But I wasn't at all prepared for what was in the case files. Those poor, poor children. Utterly horrifying, and they will never have anonymity because of the exposure they had on the youtube channel prior.

I cannot fathom this at all. And I feel that Kevin needs to be held accountable - ignorance is not a defence. As a parent I would absolutely not put up with the other parent withholding the children from me, and I know my husband wouldn't. It is neglectful. The interviews with him are telling in that he thought some of the discipline was justified.

Those poor, poor children. Just horrifying.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I just came here to see if anyone had seen the photos. I don't know why but I had seen so many videos talking about the evidence and they all seemed to show the photos of R with the cling film/duct tape, so I just assumed the photos were more of the same, which is horrific enough. But I wasn't at all prepared for what was in the case files. Those poor, poor children. Utterly horrifying, and they will never have anonymity because of the exposure they had on the youtube channel prior.

I cannot fathom this at all. And I feel that Kevin needs to be held accountable - ignorance is not a defence. As a parent I would absolutely not put up with the other parent withholding the children from me, and I know my husband wouldn't. It is neglectful. The interviews with him are telling in that he thought some of the discipline was justified.

Those poor, poor children. Just horrifying.
I had similar feelings about Kevin before hearing the newest interview where he describes the (IMO) coercive control and abuse inflicted on him. I challenged myself when listening to the interview to think about how I’d feel if he was a woman speaking about coercive control by men, and that really helped me to see it from a different perspective. It makes a lot of sense to me when coupled with Jodi’s notorious history of this type of behaviour towards men.

That said, I respect that some people feel differently as it’s a super complex situation and ultimately the main issue is that the children’s abuse finally came to an end.

I had similar feelings about Kevin before hearing the newest interview where he describes the (IMO) coercive control and abuse inflicted on him. I challenged myself when listening to the interview to think about how I’d feel if he was a woman speaking about coercive control by men, and that really helped me to see it from a different perspective. It makes a lot of sense to me when coupled with Jodi’s notorious history of this type of behaviour towards men.

That said, I respect that some people feel differently as it’s a super complex situation and ultimately the main issue is that the children’s abuse finally came to an end.
Problem is, he was part of the abuse but somehow got away with it. He was aiding thing and allowed this to happen as he was desperate to get back into the cult. He is really no better than Ruby.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Kevin was a big part of the YouTube channel and either let his wife or helped abuse his kids he’s just as bad

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I don't know, I think if it was a woman you would feel worse towards them. Imagine it - your abusive ex takes your children to live with someone else and won't let you see them for upwards of a year. You don't see or speak to them. Do you think the public would be sympathetic to a mother who didn't move hell and high water to see her children? If it was me I absolutely would have called the police to say my children had been abducted, and I would enforce a contact agreement of some kind. The fact he 'trusted' her to look after the kids meant this abuse went totally unchecked. He could have stopped this abuse had he been in regular contact with the children as he should have been as a father.

Reactions: 5
I don't know, I think if it was a woman you would feel worse towards them. Imagine it - your abusive ex takes your children to live with someone else and won't let you see them for upwards of a year. You don't see or speak to them. Do you think the public would be sympathetic to a mother who didn't move hell and high water to see her children? If it was me I absolutely would have called the police to say my children had been abducted, and I would enforce a contact agreement of some kind. The fact he 'trusted' her to look after the kids meant this abuse went totally unchecked. He could have stopped this abuse had he been in regular contact with the children as he should have been as a father.
Completely respect your viewpoint, absolutely. I just feel that this perspective somewhat diminishes the impact that coercive control and complete social isolation can have on a person, which I do think could’ve contributed to his lack of knowledge about the kids’ situation and his lack of action. Jodi was extremely well connected and well respected within the church and it’s an unfortunate fact that law enforcement and the LDS church in Utah are intertwined.

Shari reported Ruby to the police numerous times and requested welfare checks for the kids which amounted to nothing. It took Russell escaping and being in such a dire physical condition for them to step in.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Here's a breakdown of the interviews from Reddit, from then they split to the arrest.... he wanted back in despite knowing what was going on with the kids etc. He's also said in the prison call to Ruby that he's committed to their marriage, after all this.

October 2021, Jodi flips out and Ruby asks Kevin for an “in home separation”. Kevin says this “in-home separation” meant he could live in the home but Ruby had to give him permission for everything. He could leave but not come back without her permission. He couldn’t go where Jodi was in his own home. He begins to hang on Ruby’s every word and be dependent on her for his sanity, and for basic permissions. Eventually, around the holidays 2021, Ruby ends the separation and Jodi moves back to Ivin’s.

At this point, Kevin tells Ruby she’s going nuts. Ruby/Pam/Jodi are becoming obsessed with these visions and teaching them to others through God. Ruby wants to give Jodi 8Passengers and just become her employee. Kevin’s like no way, and their YouTube manager is telling Ruby absolutely not, this woman is scamming you. Ruby fires the manager, and tells Kevin they will separate again if he denies her handing over the business to Jodi.

In July of 2022, Ruby asks Kevin for a separation and to move out.

Kevin is a part of the men’s group and Jodi is torturing him. The other men are in the same boat, if they get Jodi’s approval their life is easier. If that means piling on another man, they will do it. Kevin’s on Jodi’s bad list. He is trying everything to get his family back but Jodi is telling him he’s hiding things. He’s starting to question his sanity.

For a year, Jodi continues to isolate Kevin. It gets to the point where there’s a list of approved men he is allowed to call, and when he calls them they say they don’t want to talk to him because Jodi says he’s manipulative. She doesn’t allow him to go to his church leaders or his family because he was “seeking enablement”. He felt trapped.

July 2023, Jodi calls Kevin out of the blue. Tells him he’s not changing. She says she’s asking God what to do and God is telling Jodi that Kevin needs complete isolation/solitude. He’s no longer allowed in men’s group or to talk to anyone. He asks who he can talk to and she says God only. This was his last interaction/contact with Jodi. Around that same time, Ruby starts communicating with Kevin again. She wants to meet in a parking lot and have him sign their cars over to her name.

August 2023, Kevin would wake up, work out, go to work, come home and do Connexions workbooks and desperately try to get selfishness out of himself. His plan was that in 6 months he could reach back out to Jodi and ask to get back in the men’s group. Kevin’s lawyer says that Jodi would tell Kevin every week that her family is doing amazing without him and if he wasn’t so selfish, he could be around to see that.

Kevin’s lawyer then asks for the $85k Ruby took out of the kids’ savings and their joint account. Detectives say that’s a civil issue and Lamar (Ruby’s lawyer) would have it. Kevin’s lawyer says Lamar probably won’t give it up and the detectives say there’s not much anyone can do besides going Civil

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
If Kevin was any decent father, he'd have told Ruby to rot in hell on those phone calls and take his kids out of Utah and give them a new life with plenty of therapy and help that they need. But he'll always put that psycho church first so he'll stay for his own selfish/delusional needs and think god will miraculously fix the kids. Ruby's family will ever see the abuse for how horrific it was. They're not healthy people for those kids to be around.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Where are people seeing these photos/reading the documents ? I agree, the children need to be far away from the whole family

Reactions: 3
Completely respect your viewpoint, absolutely. I just feel that this perspective somewhat diminishes the impact that coercive control and complete social isolation can have on a person, which I do think could’ve contributed to his lack of knowledge about the kids’ situation and his lack of action. Jodi was extremely well connected and well respected within the church and it’s an unfortunate fact that law enforcement and the LDS church in Utah are intertwined.

Shari reported Ruby to the police numerous times and requested welfare checks for the kids which amounted to nothing. It took Russell escaping and being in such a dire physical condition for them to step in.
It seems like he also didn’t have much to do with Shari and the sad truth is that if as a man and their father Kevin had stepped up and requested a welfare check then it would likely have carried a lot more weight than Shari as a young, estranged daughter.

He was brainwashed and coerced sure but you can likely also say the same for Ruby - yes, the family were abusive before which is on her and Kevin entirely but what it transformed into was something in an entirely different ballpark to that. If the coercion and Jodi’s brainwashing isn’t an excuse for Ruby (and I don’t think it is at all), it’s not an excuse for Kevin either… but he seemed more bothered about her handing over the precious channel than he did about his children.

When Kevin said to the Ruby on the call something like “don’t worry I’ll keep putting truth in our children and our marriage won’t change you’ll still have me” he was saying even though you’re in jail I’ll still make sure our kids follow the Connexxion’s rules and teachings I’ll still make sure to mentally control them. That’s very concerning it’s why he shouldn’t be around those kids and that call was after Kevin had found out what Ruby and Jodi had done to his children so how can you hear about the horrifying abuse your children were put through and you still choose to stand by the person who abused them and you still support the Connexxion’s teachings which are mental abuse that led to physical abuse!

Kevin was part of Connexxion’s for a long time there’s video evidence of it and he happily mentally and psychologically messed with his kids and played a part in being cruel to his kids. Yes he definitely was manipulated at times as the years went on and felt pressured to change by Ruby and Jodi he was made to feel something was wrong with him and that’s not me defending him at all I’m just saying a lot of other men have come out and said the same thing happened to them with Jodi destroying their marriages so I guess it was some messed up thing that was going on with anyone who had Jodi in their lives but that’s not an excuse to be an absent father and not an excuse to mentally abuse your kids cause if you truly care about your kids there’s no way you would be ok with having no contact with them for that long. Even if you cant be there in person you can FaceTime your kids or you can go to the police and say I need to know my kids are ok.

I’m not buying his excuses of trying to place the blame on Jodi for his actions because in his police interview when he was asked what he thinks of Jodi he called her a nice and honest woman so if he actually couldn’t stand her and felt manipulated by her the last thing you would do is say those things about her character. Also Kevin is sly he went to the house to try get those journals cause he was either trying to protect Ruby or himself and he was so angry that Shari had taken the journals he wanted to press charges against her! when he first moved out Shari tried multiple times to reach out to him and he blocked her! he didn’t care about her concerns for her siblings. If you truly love and missed your kids the last thing you would be doing is treating them like that so Kevin is not a victim in all of this he just wants people to think he is.

Also in the police interview after he was told what happened to his kids , he didn’t ask are my kids ok? all he cared about was Ruby and the kids were an afterthought. I understand at first being in shock and disbelief at hearing your wife abused your kids like that but I think he’s very selfish and I don’t know think those kids will ever be safe around him. Those kids need to be far away from anyone who is defending or justifying what Ruby did because that’s not going to help these kids if they have people in their ear saying “you should forgive her she’s your mum she isn’t a bad person and she’s sorry” cause what Ruby and Jodi did is evil it’s not forgivable it’s not excusable. Of course it’s up to all these kids to decide for themselves one day how they feel towards their parents but they should not be coerced or expected to be forgiving towards people who are evil. I know what Ruby and Jodi did is far worse than what Kevin did so I know he can’t be charged with something he wasn’t part of but he doesn’t deserve those kids and they are better off without him in my opinion.

Reactions: 10
It seems like he also didn’t have much to do with Shari and the sad truth is that if as a man and their father Kevin had stepped up and requested a welfare check then it would likely have carried a lot more weight than Shari as a young, estranged daughter.

He was brainwashed and coerced sure but you can likely also say the same for Ruby - yes, the family were abusive before which is on her and Kevin entirely but what it transformed into was something in an entirely different ballpark to that. If the coercion and Jodi’s brainwashing isn’t an excuse for Ruby (and I don’t think it is at all), it’s not an excuse for Kevin either… but he seemed more bothered about her handing over the precious channel than he did about his children.
His only questions for the police was can he have her diaries, where’s his money and pretty much that is it. He was desperate to get his hands on their diaries which is why he was mad Shari had them. There is something within the hard drives, diaries etc that he was desperate for and imagine it’s something to do with connexions - he needs to be deradicalized, they all do.

He also was more worried about getting the house and their belongings back, it’s all very odd!

Personally speaking, I think they were. The Law & Crime Network channel on YouTube has done some really excellent, indepth videos and they showed Kevin's police interviews where he said before the breakup, Jodi insisted that she and Ruby share a bed. And her whole MO seems to be laden with misandry. Not saying that lesbians are in any way misandrist but I wouldn't be surprised if she had a sexual relationship with Ruby as a way of exerting even more control.

I don't think Kevin should get custody of the children. He was complicit in the abuse while 8 Passengers was still online and there is a video of him abusing Shari when she removed some stuff from the house post arrest and he accused her of being a thief. I also think it was striking in his police interviews that when he was given the news of the condition little Russell and Eve were found in, he never once asked how they were.

The whole thing is horrific. Jodi has never shown any remorse and I think Ruby's very quick about-turn is disingenuous. Her prison phone calls tell us a lot.

Reactions: 12