8 Passengers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something comes into my mind in regards to Ruby's plan to move away to some desert land:

From other child abuse cases I learnt that the kids are killed or starved to death when the parent can't call a doctor anymore without releasing long-term neglect or risking that the tortured child speaks to the doctor what was done to it (which would put the parent in prison).
Is it possible that this was the reason she dropped them from school/didn't allow contact with the father etc.? This would mean she knew perfectly well, in what state these kids were. It was reported that some wounds were black and smelt. This is very dangerous, often this results in amputation or blood poisoning/sepsis. Only a professional doctor can treat this kind of injury and it must be done quickly. Maybe she knew this and she realised that there was no way out for her. And then decided to kill them.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Something comes into my mind in regards to Ruby's plan to move away to some desert land:

From other child abuse cases I learnt that the kids are killed or starved to death when the parent can't call a doctor anymore without releasing long-term neglect or risking that the tortured child speaks to the doctor what was done to it (which would put the parent in prison).
Is it possible that this was the reason she dropped them from school/didn't allow contact with the father etc.? This would mean she knew perfectly well, in what state these kids were. It was reported that some wounds were black and smelt. This is very dangerous, often this results in amputation or blood poisoning/sepsis. Only a professional doctor can treat this kind of injury and it must be done quickly. Maybe she knew this and she realised that there was no way out for her. And then decided to kill them.
This occurred to me too. In the worst cases of child abuse and neglect where the child is rescued from the brink of death it is often a parent/caregiver who makes that call. And these, I hate to say it, are the ones who may have a fleeting moment of conscience. In this instance, it looked like the children were being hidden away so that they couldn't be 'spotted' in any jurisdiction and make it easy for them to disappear. I saw the case files/pictures and I can't unsee them. Even to the non medical eye it's evident that the wounds were so severe that sepsis or death would be the next step so I think poor little Russell was an exceptionally brave little boy who saved him and his sister from certain death.

Kevin has a lot to answer for too, you don't just not see your children for over a year. I saw a video of him mocking Chad for sending text messages to a girl and he read them out on the 8P channel. He's a cruel and sadistic bastard.

Reactions: 16
Where are people seeing these photos/reading the documents ? I agree, the children need to be far away from the whole family
Just type her name and ’case files’ into the well known search engine. It’s the first website that comes up.

Reactions: 4
Kevin was a big part of the YouTube channel and either let his wife or helped abuse his kids he’s just as bad
Longtime lurker here; first time poster. I only saw one episode of their so-called "family" channel and was so alarmed by it I never watched it again. Ruby was talking about how E was "filled with evil but she masked it by appearing so agreeable and smiling." Ruby then turns to Kevin and says, "She had us fooled but we finally saw the truth. Right Kevin?" And Kevin, sitting right beside her nods "Yes" and then re-iterates what Ruby has just said.

Awful. Just awful.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Longtime lurker here; first time poster. I only saw one episode of their so-called "family" channel and was so alarmed by it I never watched it again. Ruby was talking about how E was "filled with evil but she masked it by appearing so agreeable and smiling." Ruby then turns to Kevin and says, "She had us fooled but we finally saw the truth. Right Kevin?" And Kevin, sitting right beside her nods "Yes" and then re-iterates what Ruby has just said.

Awful. Just awful.
This is so freaking chilling. I can't even imagine the layers of evil in THEM.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
My impression of Kevin is that he is weak at the core and would go along with anything if it gave him a sense of power. There is no doubt in my mind that he will maintain his relationship with Ruby throughout her prison sentence and will be the first one there to greet her with open arms when she is released.

I think he views/viewed Ruby as the "perfect wife" since she always presented with perfect hair, perfect make-up, whitened-teeth, false eyelashes, fashionably dressed, etc. TBH, in all the videos I've seen since this all came out, it was/is a huge red flag for me on how much time Ruby spent on herself and being perfectly groomed for the camera. At first I asked myself - in true honesty - if I was jealous on some level because I sure as heck don't have that kind of appearance but damn, that question has been solidly answered.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Hell, no.

The more I learn about her the more grateful I am that I am not her or anything like her. My family and my friends know that I would move heaven and earth to help them in a time of need and that they are truly loved and cared about on a deep, deep level. They are safe with me.

Thank you, Ruby, for validating my priorities and values. I sure wouldn't want to be you.

Reactions: 5
My impression of Kevin is that he is weak at the core and would go along with anything if it gave him a sense of power. There is no doubt in my mind that he will maintain his relationship with Ruby throughout her prison sentence and will be the first one there to greet her with open arms when she is released.

I think he views/viewed Ruby as the "perfect wife" since she always presented with perfect hair, perfect make-up, whitened-teeth, false eyelashes, fashionably dressed, etc. TBH, in all the videos I've seen since this all came out, it was/is a huge red flag for me on how much time Ruby spent on herself and being perfectly groomed for the camera. At first I asked myself - in true honesty - if I was jealous on some level because I sure as heck don't have that kind of appearance but damn, that question has been solidly answered.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Hell, no.

The more I learn about her the more grateful I am that I am not her or anything like her. My family and my friends know that I would move heaven and earth to help them in a time of need and that they are truly loved and cared about on a deep, deep level. They are safe with me.

Thank you, Ruby, for validating my priorities and values. I sure wouldn't want to be you.

BIB: Yes! My kids are the same age as as her younger ones and there are still times I look like I've been on a spin cycle in the washing machine :ROFLMAO:. And sometimes I manage to get the glam on. And I know we shouldn't give up who we are for our kids but I think a lot of Mums will identify with putting their babies first, irrespective of age, and making sure they're ok before looking after ourselves. I think Ruby was always the typical Mommy blogger who monetizes her own children for clicks. I think the kids were always secondary and that's before any of this horrific stuff happened. She's so bloody stupid, self-absorbed and narcissistic though that she didn't envisage that cleaning the bathroom while her child is waiting for an eternity at school for her while she is ill or her little girl (who forgot to pack her OWN lunch 😢) is left hungry for the day while she bats her eyelashes into the camera is ok.

I really hope she serves sixty years. She's a liability. So is Kevin the Kunt.

Reactions: 7
Seeing that video of EF sitting in Jodi's bathroom closet broke my heart into pieces. From the few videos of her I came across a few years ago she was the type of little girl who liked dressing up, she liked having her hair styled , she liked having her nails painted. She was always being sweet and funny. To see her sat there, completely mute, dressed differently and with her head shaved brought me to tears. They completely stripped that little girl of her identity 😢 You wouldn't think she was the same child. As for RF he saved those children's lives, all of them, he's a hero and so strong and brave. I hope they all get the love and support they need, I only came across their channel every so often but from what I do remember every single one of those children was smart, beautiful and had a heart of gold. I wish them all peace and love. Such a heartbreaking case 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Seeing that video of EF sitting in Jodi's bathroom closet broke my heart into pieces. From the few videos of her I came across a few years ago she was the type of little girl who liked dressing up, she liked having her hair styled , she liked having her nails painted. She was always being sweet and funny. To see her sat there, completely mute, dressed differently and with her head shaved brought me to tears. They completely stripped that little girl of her identity 😢 You wouldn't think she was the same child. As for RF he saved those children's lives, all of them, he's a hero and so strong and brave. I hope they all get the love and support they need, I only came across their channel every so often but from what I do remember every single one of those children was smart, beautiful and had a heart of gold. I wish them all peace and love. Such a heartbreaking case 💔
I am extremely concerned about what coping mechanisms litte E had to use in her mind to survive the abuse. She seemed so traumatized and disconnected when she walked out of the closet. She didn't cry, she didn't display ANY emotion, even when she finally reached for the pizza -the poor baby seemed so "not present" and it sent alarm bells off in my mind. Having done psych nursing, I fear she is at great risk for having developed DID (dissociated identity disorder), previously known as MPD (multiple personality disorder). Only seen in cases of the severest, most unspeakable CA.

The whole situation brings me to tears, too, @Starlight_100. As a mother and now grandmother, it makes me physically ill.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I am extremely concerned about what coping mechanisms litte E had to use in her mind to survive the abuse. She seemed so traumatized and disconnected when she walked out of the closet. She didn't cry, she didn't display ANY emotion, even when she finally reached for the pizza -the poor baby seemed so "not present" and it sent alarm bells off in my mind. Having done psych nursing, I fear she is at great risk for having developed DID (dissociated identity disorder), previously known as MPD (multiple personality disorder). Only seen in cases of the severest, most unspeakable CA.

The whole situation brings me to tears, too, @Starlight_100. As a mother and now grandmother, it makes me physically ill.
I suddenly remembered a disturbing comment Ruby made about E in one of their videos. I think E was around 5 at the time and Ruby was saying that E had been climbing trees and had torn her t shirt, she then continues by saying "She's our wild child, we keep her in the closet" and laughed. That comment is even worse now we have seen where E was found and what was happening. Abuse was going on the whole time they had that YouTube channel for all to see, i reported several of their videos, even sending specific time stamps of videos to YouTube where certain things were said or done that caused concern. I really do believe these children would have died if R hadn't had escaped and gone to the neighbours that day, their injuries were so severe. I am worried about how much trauma these children will carry too and as you said there is a risk they could develop certain disorders from the abuse and trauma. These poor children 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 1

I’d agree she was at risk, but her silence was a result of just pure terror. She was stunned. Don’t forget they’d been brainwashing her to not speak to anyone and that the police were the enemy. My biggest fear for R and E, is that Kevin will get financial restitution and the children won’t continue with the therapy they need.

It certainly sounds like the majority of their wealth is gone. If you listen to Kevin’s call with Ruby over the 85k in a bag and they were going to need it (likely for Ruby’s legal bills). There’s going to be no money for any therapy for A and J, who also need de-programming and many suspect A is back in Kevin’s custody.

Every single penny should go to the children, and there should be someone independently assigned to them to ensure any money needed for treatment is assigned for that purpose, not to line Kevin’s pockets.

Reactions: 3
I’d agree she was at risk, but her silence was a result of just pure terror. She was stunned. Don’t forget they’d been brainwashing her to not speak to anyone and that the police were the enemy. My biggest fear for R and E, is that Kevin will get financial restitution and the children won’t continue with the therapy they need.

It certainly sounds like the majority of their wealth is gone. If you listen to Kevin’s call with Ruby over the 85k in a bag and they were going to need it (likely for Ruby’s legal bills). There’s going to be no money for any therapy for A and J, who also need de-programming and many suspect A is back in Kevin’s custody.

Every single penny should go to the children, and there should be someone independently assigned to them to ensure any money needed for treatment is assigned for that purpose, not to line Kevin’s pockets.
A is back in Kevin's custody? I really hope that isn't true. He allowed his children to be abused (including by leaving them no contact for a whole year) and sometimes went along with what Ruby did. He shouldn't be allowed to see those children at all :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I hope so too. From the prison calls it sounds like Ruby is still in control of him. If he has custody that means Ruby still has control of the kids.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I hope so too. From the prison calls it sounds like Ruby is still in control of him. If he has custody that means Ruby still has control of the kids.
It looks like both A and J are now in foster care but used to be in the care of Shari but Shari ended up calling the police as they kept "running away" To me I don't think 20 year old Shari would have properly coped being responsible for her sisters with trauma while dealing with her own trauma. The running away thing was also predicted , when DCFS arrived at Pam's home and the police are asking J to get her shoes from inside the house, she goes and says something to A and the police officer then says "If you try to run we will chase you" they are severely traumatised if they are wanting to run away , and especially from their older sister's home as they had a close bond with her before 😢

Someone talks about this here :

• Sad
Reactions: 3