24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but I wouldn't donate money to him there are a lot more people who need it more.
i wouldn’t donate either. That said, I personally believe that a lot of people donated cause they felt like it was unjust that he got prison time and the 2 that tried to rob him (who were career criminals) got off with essentially nothing. I think if the 2 other guys had got a similar sentence I don’t think people would have had the same level of sympathy.

Reactions: 9
i wouldn’t donate either. That said, I personally believe that a lot of people donated cause they felt like it was unjust that he got prison time and the 2 that tried to rob him (who were career criminals) got off with essentially nothing. I think if the 2 other guys had got a similar sentence I don’t think people would have had the same level of sympathy.
Yeah I know what you mean , I think people would have still stuck up for him but like you say probably not as much sympathy. I would have been a lot less angry if the thieves got a more justified sentence

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure if I’m the only one who thinks this, but if his response to the burglars was to try and run them off the road (and maybe kill them) then does he have a measured response to other things in life?! If he and his wife argue for example, how does he respond to that?!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m not sure if I’m the only one who thinks this, but if his response to the burglars was to try and run them off the road (and maybe kill them) then does he have a measured response to other things in life?! If he and his wife argue for example, how does he respond to that?!
tbf to the bloke, it’s really easy for us to sit here and say that but imagine 2 people rocked up to your family home in the dark wearing masks, yielding a crowbar. Im not by any stretch justifying his actions here as they were reckless and disproportionate but to suggest he flies off the handle like that for anything because of 1 reaction to a situation that would put the fear of god in any one imo is a bit of a stretch.

Reactions: 20
tbf to the bloke, it’s really easy for us to sit here and say that but imagine 2 people rocked up to your family home in the dark wearing masks, yielding a crowbar. Im not by any stretch justifying his actions here as they were reckless and disproportionate but to suggest he flies off the handle like that for anything because of 1 reaction to a situation that would put the fear of god in any one imo is a bit of a stretch.
Exactly , everyone has situations that make you see red and act out of the ordinary , like you say not justifying it but he recognises he shouldn't have done it , he didnt seem to dispute his sentence either, I think the worse part is the fact they got away with it and continue to go on thieving

Reactions: 14
Exactly , everyone has situations that make you see red and act out of the ordinary , like you say not justifying it but he recognises he shouldn't have done it , he didnt seem to dispute his sentence either, I think the worse part is the fact they got away with it and continue to go on thieving
And that the judge used their injuries to not send them to prison...when their injuries didn't stop them robbing a car after lol

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It was grim, I won’t go into details but it’s disappointing it’s no longer about 24 hours in custody. There was barely any policing or investigative work shown prior to arrest. It’s another police documentary now.

Reactions: 16
Can anyone watching tell me his sentence please, my daughter woke up so missed the last 5 mins

Can anyone watching tell me his sentence please, my daughter woke up so missed the last 5 mins
He pled guilty, can’t remember the full sentence (17 years maybe?) but he has to serve 9 years and will be on the sex offenders register for life

Reactions: 2
Not overly impressed with this series so far. I agree with the previous poster; it needs to go back to the 24 hour clock.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
14 years extended which means 9 years jail 5 years on license plus sex offenders register.

But he was already on the sex offenders register and was still able to do what he did, so I doubt that will stop him.

He'll be back up to the same stuff as soon as he's out. People like that don't change.

Reactions: 11
Bloke was an absolute vile piece of scum.

Very uncomfortable viewing, but If it raises awareness about grooming behaviour & even 1 child is saved from suffering anything like this, job done.

Reactions: 14
It was a really hard one to watch. He didn’t give a duck either, he didn’t even flinch when they said it for what it really was - that he’d raped a vulnerable child.

Kind of off topic but the way they used a filter to disguise his most recent girlfriends identity really threw me. I thought she looked a bit weird at first until towards the end when you could sort of see it moving as she spoke

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Such a cocky lowlife. Swinging on his chair, yawning, closing his eyes.....then when he was told his mates had thrown him under the bus, looking to his solicitor, realising he was fucked.

Agree, I miss the actual 24 hours aspect. The clock ticking as they try and get CPS to advise if they have enough evidence to charge someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Only thing that bothered him was when his scummy mate, who just happened to be being booked in as he was brought past, said that n..onces were being put into general population in prison as the special wing was too full!

That filter threw me too! Thought she'd got a bizarre squeaky voice & incredible bambi eyes 💫, until I realised 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 21
The interview of the girl who he’d raped, as a viewer it felt intrusive, like I shouldn’t have been watching it. The poor thing had to write certain words down because she couldn’t say them. I don’t know, as a mother of a daughter it’s important that awareness is raised but also as a mother of a daughter I’d be damned if that interview was shown on tv, especially as she was described as vulnerable. It just left me feeling really conflicted 😐 Like what was the justification of the programme makers for including it?

• Sad
Reactions: 10