Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
When she started saying some of the crap he is pulling on her, I was surprised.
He has all the bank cards-she can’t have them unless she asks.
She has to have at least one of the kids with her if she goes anywhere-he can’t have both left with him.
A bunch of crap like that -he is being super controlling and crazy. Seeing him try to speak and explain was bizarre. It’s like he is a different person now than he was before.

Reactions: 6

ohannie

VIP Member
No-she expects them to take care of her and deal with her nonsense all the time. I couldn’t do it.
the marriage thing is weird-she isn’t even at the rehab center anymore. And he is.
what was the point of all of that?
Having worked with people with various levels of learning difficulties in the past this approach to relationships seemed very common with them. Falling in love extremely quickly, planning a future together and getting engaged, then everything being over as fast as it started. This feels exactly like that, I'm not suggesting either have learning difficulties but there seems to be some developmental problems in the two of them.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
They get that from their bitch of a mother! She is quick to judge all of them, but she is fat herself and has to have a walker and a special chair to manage herself! She is mean and spiteful. She didn’t even go to either of Amy’s weddings!
There's obviously huge issues within that family - at a guess I would say some serious abuse including sexual abuse, is at the centre of all of their weight issues.

• Sad

Nurse Toasty

Is Amy's husband slow? I read somewhere that they met when he was under age and she was basically a pedophile. They both have criminal records, hers for shoplifting, his for some kind of domestic assault, I'm wondering if Amy was possibly the victim?

• Wow

orangelolly

Chatty Member
I’m raging! She’s so ungrateful. When they got her the electric wheelchair to aid her independence she practi threw it back in their face!

DanaScully

Chatty Member
I've just caught up on the last two episodes.

The fight in Florida was unbelievable. It was only a matter of time. Amanda looks hard so I'm glad she walked away because I reckon she'd have messed Amy up!

It had to come to a head at some point and I'm glad she was the one to say she needs help. I believe since the show was filmed she's been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, so I hope she is medicated and it's helping her now.

It was awful seeing Tammy after she found out Caleb had died. I thought the memorial was very tasteful and respectful. I actually cried when they all gathered around her and placed their hands on her and told her they were there. It was nice to see her find peace and set the lantern off to say goodbye. I hope this doesn't stunt her great progress or send her spiralling back into her old ways. 🤞

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
so here is some tea for you. Amy and Tammy arent living together anymore, Tammy is staying at Chris' house and she is either getting another place on her own or being made a ward of the state. Chris is over her, and amanda wont have her in the house she has anymore!!!

• Wow

DanaScully

Chatty Member
Has anyone else been watching this? It's a TLC show and follows the Slaton sisters (Amy and Tammy) who live in Kentucky and are both trying to lose weight via bariatic surgery.

1000-lb-Sisters-Tammy-Slaton-Amy-Slaton-5489-800x445.jpg

I'm currently halfway through series two so would be interested in hearing from anyone watching too.

Meg78

VIP Member
I would really like to know what exactly amy does all day . hell what tammy does all day because their homes are so unkept . I cringed when tammy had the baby on her lap and the two foot tall bin was right in front of her at the couch. they may have lost a lot of weight but they arent changing a lot of their living habits.
I think amy is depressed and looking for excuses to not do what is too hard. I dont think she has nanny kind of money. they dont live in a fancy house or community etc.

I m not entirely sure i agree with the approach her family is taking but I am glad they see that she needs help. I think she needs a therapist and maybe a routine that involves time for herself and self care and then she may be able to deal with the boys easier. it is all on her but she has to accept that and do it.
Two possibilities:

1) they exhibit extreme dopamine seeking behaviours, it wouldnt be a stretch to assume neurodivergence, in particular adhd, which also comes with executive dysfunction and demand avoidance as standard, so the lack of dopamine may be causing dysregulation aka unable to bring themselves to do housework

2)those bones don’t stop creaking/hurting the minute the scales get lighter, they will still be aching, in pain and very tired, housework is behind preparing fresh food on the priorities list

LilToes

VIP Member
Discovery+ has been added to Roku so I’ve been binging the whole series, Amy is adorable, she’s uncouth but very sweet, I’ve been rooting for her as well as Chris with his cheeky boy smile when he’s ribbing his siblings. I really like all the family….. except Tammy. I WANT to like her, I want to root for her and cheer her on, but she’s so vile to everyone around her it’s really hard to see anything worth saving.

I’ve noticed that Tammy always has to have her “thing”, her USP, something that makes her special compared to others, it’s almost like when toddlers lash out because they want your attention, they don’t care if it’s good or bad they just want to be noticed, and I really get the vibe that Tammy craves that recognition and approval too.
Tammy craves some sort of attention, her face says it all when one of her siblings do better with weight loss or buying a house or having a family. Tammy wants amy at her beck and call and lashed out because Amy bought her own house and moved away from Tammy, instead of her being happy for her milestones she went into child mode even before she moved into her new house by drinking, partying etc etc. She’s doing more damage to herself and her relationships with this behaviour. If tammy stuck to her weight loss to prove everyone is wrong then she would get recognition and approval but instead she likes to be a child, can’t get approval by putting yourself into an early grave. I’m sure her family are at their wits ends with her, poor amy gets the bulk of it though

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Yeah they said that endured abuse and they said their Nan did a lot of the bringing up which is why they are so upset about the blanket.

The mum doesn’t seem like much use to be honest. Lovely to see how caring the siblings are. I know some don’t like their banter but me and my siblings and friends have that kind of banter so 🤷🏻‍♀️

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
The latest updates that I have seen:

Amanda may be moving to Florida permanently with her new man

Amy has a new bf named Kevin, who is bizarre and sketchy and is another big smoker-possibly indoors with the kids

Amy has been doing online mental health and may not have actually been properly diagnosed by a doctor

Tammy is cruising along and kicking ass-she has become the stable one

They haven’t been able to concretely confirm another season, but filming is apparently happening

I think that’s it for now.

DanaScully

Chatty Member
Aww, thank you. 😊 I think some of the episodes might be on YouTube if you don't have access to TLC and wanted to watch.

Tammy and Amy both went to the surgeon together and were told to lose weight before he would operate. Amy managed it and had the surgery and Tammy didn't. She lost some weight then gained about 2st in a month. 😳 I've got no idea how it's possible and I can't imagine how difficult life must be for her.

It's clear she's deeply unhappy but she lies about what she's eating and won't take responsibility to make the changes, lose the weight and get the surgery. It's obviously deeply psychological so I'm not sure if she'll ever manage it on her own without going to some sort of residential facility.

LilToes

VIP Member
100% agree. She is vile this season.
She’s definitely coming across very self entitled and that her family should be thankful that they are helping her. Even her attitude to her in home help is horrific. I don’t think she has any intention of loosing the weight

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Yeah they said that endured abuse and they said their Nan did a lot of the bringing up which is why they are so upset about the blanket.

The mum doesn’t seem like much use to be honest. Lovely to see how caring the siblings are. I know some don’t like their banter but me and my siblings and friends have that kind of banter so 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think that the siblings are a united because of their trauma - how they have ended up is a trauma response.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
I suppose nothing should really surprise us about them. But I think we all want them to end up in a good spot and not as addicts or disasters. Those 2 kids Amy had are going to have a very rough life. I don’t understand people with nothing to offer to kids, having them. The genetic pool was shallow and add the economic stress to the equation and you have a disaster.

nettleteareader

VIP Member
I'm watching new series now, in UK. Tammy is so selfish, saying Amy is lazy just because Amy wants to devote more time to her baby. And now Tammy has left the weight loss facility because she's missing home and her own bed!!!! She'll never lose weight without the help of those professional staff!