Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

orangelolly

Chatty Member
I'm watching Season 3. It's really sad that 3 siblings have got such horrendous weight issues, but Tammy seems the only one who doesn't want to change. And until her siblings stop enabling her appalling behaviour............... she's got no reason to.
I’m intrigued to see how she handles Amy moving away because she does seem to provide her with a lot of unhealthy foods.

Reactions: 2

Nurse Toasty

didn't know the story about them meeting when he was underage, but I just googled their ages and she's 33 and he's 38. Could it be the other way around and she was underage?
You're probably right! ( I mean definitely right!) I'm gonna hunt and see if I can find the original article

Here's a little of it. So Michael's arrest was related to his first wife. And the allegations are that he abused Amy when they were children. But I guess it's hearsay
Errrrybody got a past", "He never do that to me", "He sorry", "It was just a one off".
You know, Amy's excuse making talent is wasted. She could be the next Johnny Cochran.

She's so delusional about this guy's past. He abused her as a child. He pummeled his WIFE (not divorced from her yet). Anyone with half a brain knows that that's never a one-off. He may have only been caught and reported once but domestic violence, especially where she lives, is sort of accepted and downplayed.

A thirteen year old diddling an eight year old is, in some cultures, like rural Appalachia, not a rare occurrence. There are cultural differences here that are alien to much of society, and when you add in the family ties between the two groups, it is not unheard of. He wasn't seventeen, he was thirteen. I am not defending it or rationalizing it, of course it is child abuse--but it is a reality and not uncommon in some lower class rural (yes, Southern) cultures.

I don't see a wily predator in Michael, he is a dullard. (Who else but a dullard would be interested in Amy?)

Last edited:
  • Wow

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
Tomorrow is REALLY the big fight. It looks very intense from the previews. And it looks like Amy is at the core of it and Amanda isn’t having any more of her crap. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

PandoraSkye

VIP Member
Anyone know will the new season be uploaded to Discovery Plus in Ireland/UK at the same time as the USA?

Meg78

VIP Member
Usually with shows like this they give you a general outline of what they want to happen in a scene, so for example they’ll say they want Amy to get Tammy to agree to go to rehab, or to agree to not use delivery apps anymore, they won’t tell her what to say but they’ll give an end goal and she has to navigate the conversation. Made in Chelsea, TOWIE etc all do this, that’s why the dialogue is always so wooden but also explosive in places as they’re aware they need to say certain things or reach a goal but it can still trigger a real argument. Producers like to goad as well and inbetween recording takes will say suggestive or inflammatory things to provoke drama. It’s really shitty

DanaScully

Chatty Member
I wish they all came out at once and we could just keep watching. I would watch every one in a row!!
Did you see the q and a episode?
I would too! 😂

I didn't see it, no. Was it any good? I was saying to my partner last night that I'm surprised they post/share so much via social media given the show. I'd have thought they would be contractually obligated to keep certain things under wraps, but they don't seem to!

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
Didn't sound right to me either, I'm just going on what I've read about the most recent episode. Shes on tiktok looking the same.
I think a new episode is on tonight or tomorrow. I wonder if they will show her going to the care home?
In touch weekly says she is still in the care home. Also that she was drinking 8 bottles of liquor a week. Zero mention of any weight loss.

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
I just rewatched all seasons too and agree Amy really irritated me this season she’s obv struggling but doesn’t seem to be doing anything about it and really angered me she was saying no one helped her on the Florida trip when everyone but her looked after the kids and she was ‘so exhausted’ from a car ride when all she had to do was sit there. I’m a single mum also no support of any kind from her dad so she’s really with me 24/7 and it’s hard but so worth every second. She seems to hate it. Tammy has really changed her attitude around finally and like you I think Chris is great
I'm not up-to-date after
Tammy's husband passed and Amy divorced
but Amy really became irritating as that season went on.

ohannie

VIP Member
I doubt writers would come up with any of that shit. It's always how they were on their YouTube channel too.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
I was talking more about their general "banter" when driving somewhere that I find appalling, between all members of the family and their own families. You can tell that's how they always are, exchanging insults and little digs (disguised as "joking around") and never really taking anything seriously. That probably explains why Tammy is having such trouble with therapy, she'll be so used to avoiding meaningful conversations and using "banter" in its place that the idea of talking seriously about a serious issue makes her anxious.
Everyone calling everyone “bitch” gets tiring too

HenriiCoop

Chatty Member
Yes! Though in the Daily Mail article I just read they described him as her “estranged husband”. They hadn’t seen each other in months because he wasn’t sticking to his diet, meaning he couldn’t leave the rehab to be closer to her. It’s sad for him and his family but if he wasn’t willing to change he risked taking Tammy down with him.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
I've just watched that episode, he is creepy. And why do they need to get married so quickly?!! Also Tammy is just so selfish, throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her own way. Expecting her family to drop everything to look after her. I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone with a tracheotomy.
No-she expects them to take care of her and deal with her nonsense all the time. I couldn’t do it.
the marriage thing is weird-she isn’t even at the rehab center anymore. And he is.
what was the point of all of that?

BigMavis

VIP Member
I think a new episode is on tonight or tomorrow. I wonder if they will show her going to the care home?
I just read some spoilers apparently it was very sad and made it look like she had died, but obvs those following her on socials knew that wasn't the case.
I think she's still in rehab at the moment. How are you watching this season?

What's going on with this blonde girl posting Tammy on insta all the time?? Seems a little sus to me, hope she isn't taking advantage of her