Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

scopeyscope

VIP Member
I am new to this thread, but I was wondering if he is chasing a TLC paycheck, that is what it strikes me as. Either he wants to be part of the show so he can have his own paycheck or he is after hers. I’m also wondering if this is a fake marriage fabricated by TLC just because they need some kind of drama going on

Reactions: 3

DaimIt

VIP Member
Two possibilities:

1) they exhibit extreme dopamine seeking behaviours, it wouldnt be a stretch to assume neurodivergence, in particular adhd, which also comes with executive dysfunction and demand avoidance as standard, so the lack of dopamine may be causing dysregulation aka unable to bring themselves to do housework

2)those bones don’t stop creaking/hurting the minute the scales get lighter, they will still be aching, in pain and very tired, housework is behind preparing fresh food on the priorities list
They have energy for dining out and long road trips though. They do girlie nights ( face masks , paint pic frames ) escape rooms etc . They can pick up a little imo. If they can't or wont they need to make sure it happens for the boys at least . I absolutely dont doubt they are in pain and have other issues.

Whl1994

VIP Member
She’s definitely coming across very self entitled and that her family should be thankful that they are helping her. Even her attitude to her in home help is horrific. I don’t think she has any intention of loosing the weight
She acts like a spoilt brat. Her family only want to help but she's pushing them away

alldayeveryday

Chatty Member
Oh shit that's really sad. Especially just now as Tammy seems to be finally making a go of it in terms of weight loss

PandoraSkye

VIP Member
Another great episode, I loved Amy and Tammy scenes together they really have great funny vibes, you can see the old Amy shining through again.

I love Chris, he seems like such a nice genuine brother.

Tammy has grown so much as a person, she definitely would have thrown a hissy fit before over Amy’s breakdown.

Amanda is a fantastic sister, everyone needs someone like her in their lives she takes no shit and tells it how it is.

My heart breaks for Amy, I wish I could jump through the phone and give her a hug. I hope she’s doing better now.

No words for Michael, controlling a-hole. I’m glad Amy had her sisters to back her up and support her. Poor Tammy’s reaction makes me wonder what they’ve been through before, she was shaking and straight onto the police in case it escalated.

Their mother seems like a bitter old fart. I dread to think of the upbringing they must of had, I wonder will they ever go into it in the future.

• Heart

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
Waiting to see what tonight brings. Amy is having a meltdown in a van in the preview.
Caleb is trying to make Tammy feel guilty still.

Reactions: 2

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
My better half and I watch this on TV (Sky/Really Channel maybe?) so aren't up-to-date on all the drama but man, that family have their issues.
They do seem to love each other though, which comes across and makes a big difference to some other reality shows.

I'm still laughing at Amy and her Little Bit blanket, pillow, framed picture, etc ;P
apparently Amy and Amanda got into an actual FIGHT

1000-Lb. Sisters' Tammy Slaton Physical Fight, Filming Stopped (intouchweekly.com)

• Wow

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Is she normally on medication for her mental health as I couldn't quite reference what tablets/medication they were talking about her not taking.
I thought it was her post bariatric meds, but I could be wrong. She's clearly depressed but I don't know if she's ever been treated for it.

BigMavis

VIP Member
That's it! That's the thing I couldn't remember, the death stuff, oh my god, that was awful.
I've just watched a clip on YouTube where she met the new baby, I think I might watch this actually.
I'm sorry I can't discuss it more with you, but hopefully it bumps the thread.
Do you think Amy is just immature? I've no idea how anyone can get to that size.
Edit. Tammy not Amy

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
Yes, it always seemed like he was doing everything for the family, he doesn't talk much but you always see him doing jobs in the background, driving people places, moving things, presumably working full time to support her and their kids and pay the mortgage.
And the article says she and the 2 kids moved in with Tammy. I wonder if and when Tammy will have her husband living with her?

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
I haven't seen any of this series but have been keeping up with them on socials. It looks like the end of the road for Tammy now, is she bed bound at this stage? She wouldn't be a candidate for surgery now and movement seems to be out of the equation. Its all quite sad.
That is sort of the impression I get. She was in a care facility when last I heard, still with the tracheotomy to breathe. There is no way they can do any surgery on her. I would be surprised if she can lay down now. It probably could kill her. It is sad. And it seemed like maybe it would turn around.
None of them seem particularly motivated to drop the weight. Most people won’t he gastric surgery drop pounds left, right and centre afterwards. This doesn’t seem to be the case with any of them.