Zoe Sugg #49 Five go absolutely nowhere, unless it's gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've been saying he'll propose for every big event or milestone for YEARS, and he never does.

Why doesn't Zoe just bloody ask him if she wants to get married
Oh she would NEVER do that as she is a traditionalist and wants him to propose to her!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Such a traditionalist that she had a baby before marriage. I bet she's sore about that.
I really feel like ottie was a compromise baby. That Zoe had given Alfie a deadline for marriage and baby and when she turned 30 and didn’t have the ring then she said she wanted a baby then and he eventually agreed. We know this isn’t what she wanted as she’s said before it’s not but she’s always struck me as fairly insecure and she obviously thinks that she needs Alfie so agreed to something that wasn’t actually what she wanted.

Reactions: 13
Their compromise was 100% that they were supposed to travel and be adventurous in 2020 and then try for a family in 2021. They said they had plans to travel for Zoe's birthday in 2020 and it sounded like they were going far away (Maldives? Australia and New Zealand also). Then covid happened and Zoe still got her end of the deal, haha

Reactions: 19
Hi. I can be wrong. I don't follow these two closely... but I think that the proposal to Alfie, or not doing by him for 10 years, is about the total control that he clings to.
He knows Zoe won't propose. He knows she is desperate for him to do so. All their fans are eagerly waiting. All is set in his corner.
Alfie is less famous and successful than Zoe ( it is a throwaway comment, casual gossipper here). Even though in his mind he is entrepreneurs/gadget and fashion guru/Pro vlogger etc. He is and never will be Zoe Sugg. To too many he is Zoella's boyfriend! Now, that hurts (speculation).
Then, if he proposes...she gets the spotlight as the *bride*/wedding organiser, she'll as a bride to be, would get more deals with the brands than him (presumably). She is giddy and she gets what she wanted from him for her. Getting married, another milestone, attention and self esteem boost, smugness....superiority (?).
Now Alfie, after proposal, is left with pretty much almost no control/change (apart from best wishes comments, there will be "nothing else" to make it worth it for his ego). On the other hand, alltheir fans are asking Zoe about the ring, wedding,dress, food menu, music, flower arrangement, guest list.. Everyone watches HER IG impatiently. Zoella's channels GETs more views. Zoella gets interviews! And Alfie?
Alfie thinks that he won't have the fair share of the deal aka attention, control, brand deals, image, all those things that Zoe will benefit.
I can be wrong because I don't follow these two very closely. But to me it's very clearly about the last string of control/attention and superiority that Alfie has over her.
Additionally, he might rightly believe that Zoe waiting for the ring will make her more humble and *trying* as a girlfriend. Without the proposal or wedding, the current situation makes him think that he has the upper hand.
It's Alfie's ego that stops him in my judgement.

Reactions: 40
Hi. I can be wrong. I don't follow these two closely... but I think that the proposal to Alfie, or not doing by him for 10 years, is about the total control that he clings to.
He knows Zoe won't propose. He knows she is desperate for him to do so. All their fans are eagerly waiting. All is set in his corner.
Alfie is less famous and successful than Zoe ( it is a throwaway comment, casual gossipper here). Even though in his mind he is entrepreneurs/gadget and fashion guru/Pro vlogger etc. He is and never will be Zoe Sugg. To too many he is Zoella's boyfriend! Now, that hurts (speculation).
Then, if he proposes...she gets the spotlight as the *bride*/wedding organiser, she'll as a bride to be, would get more deals with the brands than him (presumably). She is giddy and she gets what she wanted from him for her. Getting married, another milestone, attention and self esteem boost, smugness....superiority (?).
Now Alfie, after proposal, is left with pretty much almost no control/change (apart from best wishes comments, there will be "nothing else" to make it worth it for his ego). On the other hand, alltheir fans are asking Zoe about the ring, wedding,dress, food menu, music, flower arrangement, guest list.. Everyone watches HER IG impatiently. Zoella's channels GETs more views. Zoella gets interviews! And Alfie?
Alfie thinks that he won't have the fair share of the deal aka attention, control, brand deals, image, all those things that Zoe will benefit.
I can be wrong because I don't follow these two very closely. But to me it's very clearly about the last string of control/attention and superiority that Alfie has over her.
Additionally, he might rightly believe that Zoe waiting for the ring will make her more humble and *trying* as a girlfriend. Without the proposal or wedding, the current situation makes him think that he has the upper hand.
I agree with a lot of this— I think it’s one part of several issues he has— but as I read what you say about Alfie feeling jealous of the attention being on Zoe as a bride to be… it reminds me of when Alfie said HE wants an engagement ring too when they get engaged.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I definitely agree with you. Getting engaged and then married is licherally the final chip Alfredo holds. He gave up the baby one, so now he has nothing aside from that ring. He'll never have another carrot to dangle not only in front of Zoe, but also her fans.

Reactions: 20
We've been saying he'll propose for every big event or milestone for YEARS, and he never does.

Why doesn't Zoe just bloody ask him if she wants to get married
speaking of big events

nothing. really NOTHING. tops this vlog with the big event being the fireworks

her face was so lit up and excited. and the whole build up also looked like he is gonna propose-

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
speaking of big events

her face was so lit up and excited. and the whole build up also looked like he is gonna propose-
Come on. It wasn't just Zoe expecting a proposal here, all the other party guests were expecting it as well.

The people who did the fireworks were probably expecting a proposal here.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Come on. It wasn't just Zoe expecting a proposal here, all the other party guests were expecting it as well.

The people who did the fireworks were probably expecting a proposal here.
It was ridiculous, if it happened to anyone else I'd be heartbroken for them, but Zoe made her bed

Reactions: 21
It was ridiculous, if it happened to anyone else I'd be heartbroken for them, but Zoe made her bed
I've got no sympathy for either of them anymore. Both are actively choosing to stay in a dead relationship because neither of them are brave enough to rip the plaster off and break up and start again. Even though it would be best for both of them and make them happier in the long term.

Reactions: 17
speaking of big events

The way her friend grabs her in excitement after he’s said it. Zoe is a lying liar if she says she wasn’t disappointed.

Reactions: 19
I also think he's such a mummy's boy he will do what his parents did and not get married for YEARS!

Reactions: 13
I also think he's such a mummy's boy he will do what his parents did and not get married for YEARS!
This is the big thing. He has it fixed in his mind and that’s how it’s gonna have to be. No doubt his mom has spend his life reinforcing this. I don’t think she likes Zoe that much because even though Zoe is rich and can hire help, she still wanted someone for Alfie that could muck in and share the load of chores/cooking/child rearing.

Reactions: 21
This is the big thing. He has it fixed in his mind and that’s how it’s gonna have to be. No doubt his mom has spend his life reinforcing this. I don’t think she likes Zoe that much because even though Zoe is rich and can hire help, she still wanted someone for Alfie that could muck in and share the load of chores/cooking/child rearing.
Also its odd that Poppy & Sean haven't got engaged either and they have been together for years and have bought a house together.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.