Zoe Sugg #38 Beige nursery is complete, bland content on repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have heard that new born babies often look a lot like their fathers due to some sort of biological instinct. I wish I could find the article I read about it. My less than properly educated interpretation of it is that when the child is first born they look a lot like their father so that the father knows that the child is theirs, and as the child ages their features can change (soften/become more sharp, hair colour lightening or darkening, eye colour changing). This may not be scientific fact but I think it's very interesting. For example, Fleurdeforce's daughter came out with darker hair like her husband, and eventually became blonder like her Mum. As a personal example, when I was born I looked A LOT like my Dad, but as I've aged I look a lot more like my Mum (hair colour, features, build etc). May be pseudo science but fascinating to consider! I can imagine Zoe being very disappointed that their daughter comes out looking like Alfalfa and pouting about it (much like Fleur not showing her daughter until she became acceptably blonde and marketable).

I also second what others are saying about Poppy being a pretty girl. If she wasn't such an hole she would be much prettier in my opinion, but she certainly isn't a troll like Zoe seems to be insinuating.

Reactions: 19
How many times has she talked about how the baby will look when she’s born? Hopefully she’ll look like neither of you but who gives a duck, oh wait you’re worried that your own daughter won’t match your ✨ aesthetic ✨ because that’s all you care about

Reactions: 41
I have heard that new born babies often look a lot like their fathers due to some sort of biological instinct. I wish I could find the article I read about it. My less than properly educated interpretation of it is that when the child is first born they look a lot like their father so that the father knows that the child is theirs, and as the child ages their features can change (soften/become more sharp, hair colour lightening or darkening, eye colour changing). This may not be scientific fact but I think it's very interesting. For example, Fleurdeforce's daughter came out with darker hair like her husband, and eventually became blonder like her Mum. As a personal example, when I was born I looked A LOT like my Dad, but as I've aged I look a lot more like my Mum (hair colour, features, build etc). May be pseudo science but fascinating to consider! I can imagine Zoe being very disappointed that their daughter comes out looking like Alfalfa and pouting about it (much like Fleur not showing her daughter until she became acceptably blonde and marketable).

I also second what others are saying about Poppy being a pretty girl. If she wasn't such an hole she would be much prettier in my opinion, but she certainly isn't a troll like Zoe seems to be insinuating.
Huh. Newborns all look like their Dad was a flan, then, in my opinion.

I'm honestly concerned for poor little Pay if she doesn't turn out to be conventionally cute looking. Zoe would tear her apart. She will still give her several complexes as is, can't imagine how bad she'd get if Pay isn't her carbon copy.

How many times has she talked about how the baby will look when she’s born? Hopefully she’ll look like neither of you but who gives a duck, oh wait you’re worried that your own daughter won’t match your ✨ aesthetic ✨ because that’s all you care about
Yep, This tells me all I need to know about the kind of person she is and very likely the kind of mother she'll be. Poor Pay.

I know they got the test done to check for health issues with the fetus, but many things don't come up in those tests. I hope Pay is super healthy and all but if I were pregnant, I'd be talking more about how I hope my baby will be healthy and worrying more about childbirth, which is a pretty big deal, than about whether the baby will have my blue eyes or not.

Reactions: 21
Huh. Newborns all look like their Dad was a flan, then, in my opinion.

I'm honestly concerned for poor little Pay if she doesn't turn out to be conventionally cute looking. Zoe would tear her apart. She will still give her several complexes as is, can't imagine how bad she'd get if Pay isn't her carbon copy.

Yep, This tells me all I need to know about the kind of person she is and very likely the kind of mother she'll be. Poor Pay.

I know they got the test done to check for health issues with the fetus, but many things don't come up in those tests. I hope Pay is super healthy and all but if I were pregnant, I'd be talking more about how I hope my baby will be healthy and worrying more about childbirth, which is a pretty big deal, than about whether the baby will have my blue eyes or not.
Exactly! yes you do wonder what your baby will look like but I'd be more concerned she will be healthy. Like you say they have had the tests but that doesn't mean everything, something could happen during birth (god forbid) that could harm the baby like cord caught around the neck etc.

Reactions: 11
Exactly! yes you do wonder what your baby will look like but I'd be more concerned she will be healthy. Like you say they have had the tests but that doesn't mean everything, something could happen during birth (god forbid) that could harm the baby like cord caught around the neck etc.
So true, so many variables that are way more important than the baby's looks.

I know that anxiety shows up differently for everyone, but my anxiety would not let me just sit around eating junk, not picking up a single parenting or birth resource, waffling about whether the baby will be my partner in a wig and throwing low punches at my sister in law. I'd be trying to prepare, even if you all wise mothers correctly say one cannot really prepare. But it's been, what, 24 weeks since they made the pregnancy public? And not once have I thought, oh yeah, this is what someone who was pushing to be a mother and get pregnant for the last decade looks like.

Reactions: 14
So true, so many variables that are way more important than the baby's looks.

I know that anxiety shows up differently for everyone, but my anxiety would not let me just sit around eating junk, not picking up a single parenting or birth resource, waffling about whether the baby will be my partner in a wig and throwing low punches at my sister in law. I'd be trying to prepare, even if you all wise mothers correctly say one cannot really prepare. But it's been, what, 24 weeks since they made the pregnancy public? And not once have I thought, oh yeah, this is what someone who was pushing to be a mother and get pregnant for the last decade looks like.
Aldo would just like to state not sister-in-law, repeat there is no marriage, there has been no wedding, no ring has been bestowed upon Your Lazy Pregness Slugella, oh and also #notatory 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I can't wait for the massive fall Zoella is going to have once Poppy falls pregnant as suddenly Big Mandy and the rest of the family will be interested in their daughter's child rather than the bitchy girlfriend of their son who's just waiting for someone else to come along.

The fact Poppy hasn't told her to duck off shows they just view Zoe as the family cash machine

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I can't wait for the massive fall Zoella is going to have once Poppy falls pregnant as suddenly Big Mandy and the rest of the family will be interested in their daughter's child rather than the bitchy girlfriend of their son who's just waiting for someone else to come along.

The fact Poppy hasn't told her to duck off shows they just view Zoe as the family cash machine
I think she's shot herself in the tiiiiiiny foot by being the first to have a grandchild, as she will have to watch Alfie's parents fawn over Poppy and her own family fawn over Dianne (or whoever Joe ends up with) and she will not like losing all that attention because she's old news.

Reactions: 24
I think she's shot herself in the tiiiiiiny foot by being the first to have a grandchild, as she will have to watch Alfie's parents fawn over Poppy and her own family fawn over Dianne or whoever Joe ends up with and she will not like losing all that attention because she's old news.
Poppy could also have twins as didn't she say her mum is a twin and so is Seans dad?

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I honestly hope their baby (for her own sake) is going to turn out to be gorgeous and naturally interested in things they are because I feel like if she grew up to be not conventionally beautiful and would develop an interest in like anime or something that doesn't match with their aesthetic Zoe would be the mother that would keep giving back-handed compliments and would try to change the girl. Not openly, but deep down she'd be disappointed in my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Imagine all the backhanded comments Zoe would make throughout Poppy’s pregnancy if she were to have twins “wow! Look how huge you are!”
I can imagine Zoe being like look how funny my daughter is older then yours but look she’s so tiny in comparison. I’m not sure where she gets off going on about how tiny she is and I hope I’m wrong and she doesn’t do this to her daughter, such a vicious cycle. I hope pay Deyes grows up to be a weight lifter and mocks her feeble mother for struggling to lift even an empty baby car seat. Embarrassing

• Haha
Reactions: 31

I’ve heard about this too! It’s meant to be evolutionary, to stop the dads leaving the baby /reassure them it’s actually theirs 😂
My daughter looked the spit of her dad when she was first born but over her first year gradually changed into herself - it’s quite funny when we look back to see how much she has changed already!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can you imagine if she has a 9lb baby? 🤣
I'm kind of hoping she has a massive, roly poly chunker of a newborn who won't fit in any of the ridiculously overpriced and impractical clothes they got.

No hate on fat babies BTW, I had one 🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Imagine all the backhanded comments Zoe would make throughout Poppy’s pregnancy if she were to have twins “wow! Look how huge you are!”
She would 100% do that. She's such a dick. She'd probably also share the "non glamourous" parts of her sister in laws pregnancy. She'd probably be on social media telling everyone how Poppy's off getting sick and how much easier her own pregnancy was.

Can you imagine if she has a 9lb baby? 🤣
I was a 10 pound baby and I turned out to be a relatively small person. It would be hilarious if she had an average sized baby and she ended up being 6 feet tall. She wouldn't be able to say how tiny and cute her daughter is.

Reactions: 12
Poppy would get pregnant with twins, have symptoms 10x worse than her, and she'd be that annoying person "hAvE yOu TrIeD sPritE aNd sUcKinG oN aWoRtHeRs OrIgiNal???" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I'm kind of hoping she has a massive, roly poly chunker of a newborn who won't fit in any of the ridiculously overpriced and impractical clothes they got.

No hate on fat babies BTW, I had one 🥰
I love this idea of Pay being born too big for the 759 greige newborn overhead Cooooosssyyyyy jumpers they've gotten for her. It'd be some poetic justice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.