Zoe Sugg #38 Beige nursery is complete, bland content on repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one that can't imagine Zoe having an unmedicated birth? Given her anxiety and her "ickleness" she seems like the person to scream for an epidural after the first contraction

Reactions: 11
Am I the only one that can't imagine Zoe having an unmedicated birth? Given her anxiety and her "ickleness" she seems like the person to scream for an epidural after the first contraction
Rightfully so tbf, the women who can do unmedicated births are absolute machines and I definitely wouldn’t blame her for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Rightfully so tbf, the women who can do unmedicated births are absolute machines and I definitely wouldn’t blame her for it.
I was un medicated for both my births but there is a difference between someone who has to struggle on for 36 hours and me who has a 5.5 hour labour with my first and a96 minute labour with number two (in other news I give birth like a machine but my boobs don’t work so bf was not possible-baby ended up in hospital at 5 days losing 22% of body weight)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
No medals for an unmedicated birth. As long as baby comes out healthy who cares how it happens. She might sail through it or she might choose to get an epidural. Really no shame either way.

And if this is reference to her doing hypnobirthing - it’s not all about being unmedicated. It’s just about being in controlling, understanding what’s happening to your body and feeling capable of making choices about your labour so birth is a positive experience. Whether that’s totally unmedicated or with intervention.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I was un medicated for both my births but there is a difference between someone who has to struggle on for 36 hours and me who has a 5.5 hour labour with my first and a96 minute labour with number two (in other news I give birth like a machine but my boobs don’t work so bf was not possible-baby ended up in hospital at 5 days losing 22% of body weight)
There isn’t a difference. It doesn’t matter if someone’s labour is 2 hours or 20, if they want to reduce their pain and can, there is no shame. It’s not a competition.

ALL women who are pregnant/give birth are machines. However baby comes.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
She doesn’t need to pack anything.. by the time the baby is born the ward will be jam packed with bags full of freebies of anything from bottles to clothes to a brand deal for maternity pads and a thousand bloom and wild bouquets complete with dum dum donuts all spelling out the babies new name

My sister was exactly the same as you! 5 hours for her first baby and when she asked for drugs they were like umm.. too late love! The second baby, she JUST made it to hospital because her hubby wouldn’t get his arse out of the shower when she said she was in full labour, almost had the baby going through the covid check in procedures and didn’t even make it on the bed.. had the baby standing on the floor next to the bed with the midwife lying on the couch behind her to catch the baby and was home 4 hours later. “Oh never mind mind me.. just popping out to have a baby, be back in time for tea!” Took all up an hour and half or something wild like that. It really fascinates me how everyone’s experiences are so unique.

To be honest I can see Alfie have a full mental screaming breakdown and Zoe being the one trying to calm him down mid push. I’m not going to make any other assumptions, I just hope she has a safe and healthy birth and little Freebie Pay Deyes is perfect.. ( doesn’t look like Froggy )

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
She doesn’t need to pack anything.. by the time the baby is born the ward will be jam packed with bags full of freebies of anything from bottles to clothes to a brand deal for maternity pads and a thousand bloom and wild bouquets complete with dum dum donuts all spelling out the babies new name
And they will cut each donut into teeny tiny little pieces for the midwives, who will be like who TF are these stingy twats? while they think they've been so generous.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
And they will cut each donut into teeny tiny little pieces for the midwives, who will be like who TF are these stingy twats? while they think they've been so generous.
Hilarious you think they'd share with the help

• Haha
Reactions: 19
There isn’t a difference. It doesn’t matter if someone’s labour is 2 hours or 20, if they want to reduce their pain and can, there is no shame. It’s not a competition.

ALL women who are pregnant/give birth are machines. However baby comes.
Totally agree although based on her behaviour during pregnancy, I don't think the words baby comes first has ever crossed Zoe's mind.

Also based on my birth, midwives take no crap so suspect Aldo will be thrown out within 20 minutes

• Haha
Reactions: 18
As much as everyone jokes about her being tiny she is genuinely so thin for an 8 month pregnant woman it’s concerning
TW: Disordered eating

People have said it here before and I agree, Zoe is a 'picky eater' and fixated on her own smallness... It screams disordered eating to me (as I have similar problems.)

Inability to make spontaneous decisions and always eating the same foods. Making calorie-dense choices because the body is craving energy, but only small amounts, always leaving some on the plate or in the cup, and they're the only things eaten that day. The closest she's been able to bring herself to healthful eating is those silly, tiny, processed fruit smoothies.

With Alfie always going on about not wanting a 'dad bod' and making a big deal of being 'hot parents', I can imagine her becoming fixated on not putting on weight during pregnancy, as so many women do.

It's infuriating and tragic because this child is ALREADY being negatively affected by their idiocy and inability to seek proper help. I can only imagine how these two are going to hand down their food and image complexes through their child raising habits.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
No two anxious people are the same. I'm very anxious and ended up with a c section and an epidural I did not want because of the anxiety of the things that can go wrong with an epidural. If you are anxious, everything makes you anxious in most cases... Natural, medicated, the known the unknown..

Reactions: 10
My midwife advised me that while it's good to have a plan, it can also be detrimental as often things change so you need to be flexible and ultimately be guided by the professionals. I do wonder how a control freak like Zoe will cope if the birth doesn't go exactly to her perfect designed plan

Reactions: 9
No two anxious people are the same. I'm very anxious and ended up with a c section and an epidural I did not want because of the anxiety of the things that can go wrong with an epidural. If you are anxious, everything makes you anxious in most cases... Natural, medicated, the known the unknown..
It's quite possible as well, that with Zoe being an emetophobe, she will be scared of pethidine and other drugs in case they make her sick.

Reactions: 7
TW: Disordered eating

People have said it here before and I agree, Zoe is a 'picky eater' and fixated on her own smallness... It screams disordered eating to me (as I have similar problems.)

Inability to make spontaneous decisions and always eating the same foods. Making calorie-dense choices because the body is craving energy, but only small amounts, always leaving some on the plate or in the cup, and they're the only things eaten that day. The closest she's been able to bring herself to healthful eating is those silly, tiny, processed fruit smoothies.

With Alfie always going on about not wanting a 'dad bod' and making a big deal of being 'hot parents', I can imagine her becoming fixated on not putting on weight during pregnancy, as so many women do.

It's infuriating and tragic because this child is ALREADY being negatively affected by their idiocy and inability to seek proper help. I can only imagine how these two are going to hand down their food and image complexes through their child raising habits.
Just wanted to weigh in a little bit here, I was pregnant a few years ago which resulted in my miscarriage at 20wk. My body goes mental and I developed early pre-eclampsia. I am a picky fussy eater, sometimes the worst of the worst, meaning if I see a bit of green on my plates I run a mile.
When I was pregnant and knowing what my fussy eating is like and I desperately wanted to eat healthily and give myself and my body the right nutrition, so I begged my midwife for therapy on changing my brain so I could eat healthily. They thought I was mad but I know I have a deep dep pych problem and I needed some way to rewire my brain. My husband and my parents were amazing and helped me with recipes with good nutrients. Just as I got a therapy session I had my miscarriage and I did ask if my eating habit was the cause but they just say no and my body just doesn't like being pregnant. So that my two cents and just wanted to share. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just wanted to weigh in a little bit here, I was pregnant a few years ago which resulted in my miscarriage at 20wk. My body goes mental and I developed early pre-eclampsia. I am a picky fussy eater, sometimes the worst of the worst, meaning if I see a bit of green on my plates I run a mile.
When I was pregnant and knowing what my fussy eating is like and I desperately wanted to eat healthily and give myself and my body the right nutrition, so I begged my midwife for therapy on changing my brain so I could eat healthily. They thought I was mad but I know I have a deep dep pych problem and I needed some way to rewire my brain. My husband and my parents were amazing and helped me with recipes with good nutrients. Just as I got a therapy session I had my miscarriage and I did ask if my eating habit was the cause but they just say no and my body just doesn't like being pregnant. So that my two cents and just wanted to share. xx
You're a wonderful human and I'm so, so sorry that happened. I think you're amazing for trying to do your best by a new human. Warm wishes. x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's quite possible as well, that with Zoe being an emetophobe, she will be scared of pethidine and other drugs in case they make her sick.
And what I learnt is that it doesn't matter what you are scared of or what phobias you have. In the end you will just have to go through the flow of whatever happens because the fear of you or baby being dead will override any anxiety in any form. You say yes you can cut me open when they say if you do not baby will die.. You say yes when they say you need inducing because you have been labouring for hours and you are not dilating...vomitting or not. Simple.... So in other words she will handle it.. like every other human .. whether she wants to or not...

-ofcourse I know you know this :)

She will find out soon enough... That birthing doesn't care about her phobias

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.