Zoe Sugg #26 Covid guidelines ignoring, Vlogmas boring, Nala’s arse outpouring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, I think a big part of the reason they haven't been married or had babies yet is because Alfie is quite a bit younger than Zoe.

I also have a theory that they don't want a big, white wedding. I can actually picture them sneaking off to get married in New York or the Maldives without even telling anyone they're engaged. Perhaps the Deyes family and Mark will join them. 😆

Zoe hates big events, so if/when it does ever happen I imagine it to be a very intimate affair.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Honestly, I think a big part of the reason they haven't been married or had babies yet is because Alfie is quite a bit younger than Zoe.

I also have a theory that they don't want a big, white wedding. I can actually picture them sneaking off to get married in New York or the Maldives without even telling anyone they're engaged. Perhaps the Deyes family and Mark will join them. 😆

Zoe hates big events, so if/when it does ever happen I imagine it to be a very intimate affair.
Correction: Zoe hates big events when they aren't about her. She had no problem with big events when it was for a launch party for her beauty products, or the massive annual Gleam party where she is the is the star of the show... I honestly think the only reason their wedding would be smaller is out of necessity because they've drifted/lost friends over the years so there wouldn't be that many to invite.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
ALSO, sorry, final point. I actually think waiting for a man to propose in this day and age just doesn't make sense anymore. In my parents day they got engaged six months after they met. These days, people tend to live together for years before they have a wedding. It's a big financial commitment and can point your life in an entirely different direction than you had planned, so I personally think it really ought to be more of a conversation between the two of you rather than just plodding along until the man decides.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they HAVE had all these conversations, and rather than "waiting for him" to propose to her, they've come to more of a mutual agreement about when they will get married. I just think there might be more conversations going on behind the scenes than we give them credit for.

Or I could be completely wrong, of course! 😆

Correction: Zoe hates big events when they aren't about her. She had no problem with big events when it was for a launch party for her beauty products, or the massive annual Gleam party where she is the is the star of the show... I honestly think the only reason their wedding would be smaller is out of necessity because they've drifted/lost friends over the years so there wouldn't be that many to invite.
I'm not sure, I think she only went along with launch events and management parties because she felt she should or her business advisor told her to. If it was up to her, I don't think she'd do anything like that these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

(1) I used to think the same thing about Alfie’s age too. However, now that Alfie is in his late 20s and Zoe will be 31 in a few months and they have been together for close to a decade this is making less sense. To be sure, they are both young BUT it’s not like they just started dating and still ‘have time’ to settle in, they have been together for a very very long time and apparently they want several children and Zoe is 31. If Alfie wanted to enjoy his 20s he’s more than had his chance, in fact he’s been rich af with more opportunities to duck around than most young people, so I don’t know what he still has planned. In the meantime he has his girlfriend locked down and waiting so he still has the option, but eventually that commitment has to mean something. The age thing just doesn’t make sense anymore and I am usually VERY against people acting as though 30 is ancient.

(2) They are the last couple who would sneak off and elope together because their relationship is never about the two of them... I don’t think they ever even taken a holiday together, or if they have its rare. It’s always Zoe, Alfie, and Alfie’s family. Occasionally add in Alfie’s new friends of the season so he can convince himself he’s cool and social. I really don’t say this to be mean, but the reason they would have a small wedding is because they don’t really have many people in their lives.

Reactions: 32
I used to love seeing Zoe and her mums lovely relationship in Vlogs, she seems to be so down to earth and genuine, so sad that she doesn’t spend Christmases with her
Me too. I like some of the vlogs where Zoe and Joe were in Wiltshire. I just loved the homey, country vibe to those vlogs. (Those were years ago.) I even loved their old house in Brighton. The vlogmases in that house felt the most cozy. That house had a different kinda vibe. I find it difficult to get into their content when its all about a big grey house, hot chocs, tesla and these guys trying to be "modern" and ultra cool influencers.

Reactions: 20
I was just checking out Zoella.com blog post about everyone’s top 5 things of 2020 (don’t judge how bored I get working from home😂)

zoe is talking about her Nintendo Switch Lite here and calls it a DS multiple times.. does no one proof read anything??
What an idiot 😂 can’t even get the name of the gadget right for a blog post on her own website!!

Reactions: 20
I think Zoe likes the idea of marriage, but not with Alfie. She wants a traditional marriage and babies relationship to make up for her turbulent childhood, she won't get that with Alfie but thinks it's too late to find someone else.

Alfie definitely wants to be in control of the situation though, if Zoe proposed he'd say no for sure.
Turbulent childhood? I thought her childhood was pretty stable - didn't her parents get divorced in her early twenties? I get the sense she wants a traditional marriage and babies to replicate her childhood as that is why she is always referring to things she did as a kid.

I swear I saw in a vlog once too that Alfie said they wanted kids before they got married?

Reactions: 18
The thread is so dead thanks Zoe for being the most boring YouTuber ever 🙄 Does anyone else find it blatantly obvious how much influencers and YouTubers treat their audience like they are daft😂 all throughout December not wanting to miss that ad sense etc and pretending they love their viewers and what they do. Come 24th/25th December poof gone .. no mention of anything. If social media is that much of a task/work that they need to have weeks off from it then why do it in the first place. Starting to see through them all now. Tbh small influencers on Instagram are my favourite coz they are real people with real lives and don’t feel the need to have this big massive social media ‘holiday’ Zoe sugg and co are users and fake in my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Long time lurker never commented before.... I deleted my Instagram account at the start of covid and I strongly recommend it to other people!!! My great grandfather did not fight in world war 1 for nothing, over 100 years later for someone to think it’s okay to be paid thousands of pounds for taking a ‘selfie’ or to sit in a f***ing tent with 6 other people because ‘I just love Christmas so much guys!’ Whilst hundreds of people are fighting for their lives against covid! I feel theses ‘influencers’ are so disconnected from real life and real people they might as well be living on another planet. But I’m sure they will be soon as they’ll be the only ones who can f**king afford a ticket to Mars! Rant over....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I totally agree that Alfie's attitude towards having children/getting married stems a lot from how his parents have conducted their relationship/marriage/having children. I think also there are a couple of other things that could be holding him back -
1, I think Alfie as always felt the pressure from Zoe and the Zalfie minions to propose/settle down for a long time. As they were always commenting 'hurry up and ask her'. Not that I'm defending him but sometimes when you are pushed so much do something by someone, you end up doing the opposite to what they want in retaliation.
2, Alfie and Zoe have so much money/business/property tied up in their relationship. A lot of marriages fail these days and perhaps he's worried that if it doesn't work out with Zoe everything will get spilt in half and he could loose things he has built up (i.e. like his property portfolio etc). So it's easier just to stay together unmarried rather than have future legal/financial concerns.
4, If he dumped Zoe, he would be seen as the bad one and it might have a negative effect on his social media (not that he's doing that well anyway!) but could he take it if all his fans deserted him to support poor Princess Peaheads ego?
5, I don't think Alfie can admit to himself that he is no longer in love with Zoe. Clearly that spark went out a long time ago. But I think he feels too invested in the relationship he can't bring himself to end it and is probably secretly hoping Zoe will do it for him. This is also why he is putting off kids with Zoe as once she's pregnant that's him attached to her forever.
Dr Phil. That you??
Spot on anaylsis

I think it’s more of a being in control kind of thing as all aspects of his live (money, career...) are controlled by Zoe so he needs to be in control of something, specially because he resents Zoe for being more successful than him (toxic masculinity that most men have). And he won’t have a baby till his friends do as he is a follower.
Maybe I’m the only one that thinks this but to me he is in love with her, in fact they seem more in love than ever before if you ask me but there are definitely some aspects in the relationship that they need to work on as any couple. No couple is perfect...
If that's love then I don't want it

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was just checking out Zoella.com blog post about everyone’s top 5 things of 2020 (don’t judge how bored I get working from home😂)

zoe is talking about her Nintendo Switch Lite here and calls it a DS multiple times.. does no one proof read anything??
this annoyed me much more than it should 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
this annoyed me much more than it should 🤦🏼‍♀️
also something about the wording “Alfie had purchased me a switch”...im no expert on english but surely “purchased me” isnt correct? why not just say bought me or got me? idk it just doesnt seem natural in that sentence.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
also something about the wording “Alfie had purchased me a switch”...im no expert on english but surely “purchased me” isnt correct? why not just say bought me or got me? idk it just doesnt seem natural in that sentence.
AuThOr GoALs

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Typical dumbo trying to opt for the ‘less common’ word in order to sound more intelligent and as a result end up achieving the exact opposite, which is showing just how uneducated they really are.

Reactions: 45
Purchased for me would sound better if she really wanted to say purchased.

(1) I used to think the same thing about Alfie’s age too. However, now that Alfie is in his late 20s and Zoe will be 31 in a few months and they have been together for close to a decade this is making less sense. To be sure, they are both young BUT it’s not like they just started dating and still ‘have time’ to settle in, they have been together for a very very long time and apparently they want several children and Zoe is 31. If Alfie wanted to enjoy his 20s he’s more than had his chance, in fact he’s been rich af with more opportunities to duck around than most young people, so I don’t know what he still has planned. In the meantime he has his girlfriend locked down and waiting so he still has the option, but eventually that commitment has to mean something. The age thing just doesn’t make sense anymore and I am usually VERY against people acting as though 30 is ancient.

(2) They are the last couple who would sneak off and elope together because their relationship is never about the two of them... I don’t think they ever even taken a holiday together, or if they have its rare. It’s always Zoe, Alfie, and Alfie’s family. Occasionally add in Alfie’s new friends of the season so he can convince himself he’s cool and social. I really don’t say this to be mean, but the reason they would have a small wedding is because they don’t really have many people in their lives.
love this analysis it's so true
They sure have been on a romantic getaway. Did you forget their paid AD Dubai romantic holiday? Also how boring would it be to go on holiday with Zoe when all she wants to do is be cozy in a hotel and get insta food. She managed to make NY, of all the places boring, Joe clearly had enough that trip.

love this analysis it's so true
They sure have been on a romantic getaway. Did you forget their paid AD Dubai romantic holiday? Also how boring would it be to go on holiday with Zoe when all she wants to do is be cozy in a hotel and get insta food. She managed to make NY, of all the places boring, Joe clearly had enough that trip.
It's noticeable that since he got a girlfriend, Joe's not been on a holiday with his sister and her leering boyfriend. Even her family want to avoid going away with her

Reactions: 26
So Zalfie are going into tier 4 tomorrow; lets see if they keep up with the rules ;)

I mean this is Zoe's dream anyway not going out staying at home Harry Potter on repeat! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.