Zoe Sugg #26 Covid guidelines ignoring, Vlogmas boring, Nala’s arse outpouring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely all of this. I’ve been a lurker here for a while as I’ve been wondering and wondering when on earth these two will actually progress in their relationship especially considering how eager Zoe has always come across to get married and have babies.
I always used to think because of the intensity of fans around them, in particular in the Brighton house, that they’d keep their engagement a secret, Zoe wouldn’t wear the ring and they’d suddenly announce they’d been engaged X amount of months and had got married in secret.
Since they’ve been in the new house & things had calmed down fan wise I assumed that if they did get engaged, they’d announce it to the world. I had a baby last summer and really dropped off in the world of you tubers but have recently found time to dip back in and often read here during nap times. After seeing the vlog in the car where Alfie basically treated Zoe like an annoying fly he wanted to swot away, not listening, interrupting her, demanding she took a photo of that van and treating her like tit, I have to agree with everything that’s being said here. There’s no love left in their relationship. The fact she uploaded it and didn’t really react to his behaviour shows it’s just normal to her. He hasn’t proposed because he doesn’t want to. Zoe has and is wasting her best years on a man child who will never ever give her what she wants. I used to wonder about the age gap and it’s very clear now they’re in different moments of their life. Alfie is all about himself and being selfish, Zoe is wanting to settle down, be married and have babies. It’s actually quite tragic. They have this huge house, no money worries, lots of time to plan a wedding and no worries in regard to raising babies (plenty of room, no concerns about maternity pay or leave, no worries about having to return to work due to money etc) but their life hasn’t progressed whatsoever. I used to think how charmed their life was but now I couldn’t feel more sorry for Zoe. I have been thinking recently perhaps more of her reluctance to walk away from Alfie is to do with her parents marriage breaking down? It has clearly affected her and her family relationships, hence why she hardly sees them or visits and moved away so fast to live in the same place as Alfie, despite having anxiety she just packed up from her idyllic home town and moved hours to him. Perhaps she always dreamed he would be her happy forever after and now she knows it’s not true, she’s terrified to let it come true to the world.
I’m sure her parents breaking up has a massive part to play - she wouldn’t want to risk being divorced herself and at least if she sticks with Alfie and no marriage she isn’t at risk of divorce at least for now! She has also thrown her lot in with the Deyes and it’s not just breaking up with Alfie at this point. It would be his whole family too!! She probably also doesn’t know what she would do or who she would be without him at this point, her whole life is tied to his. They do seem stuck in a rut a lot of the time.

Reactions: 20
I think it’s more of a being in control kind of thing as all aspects of his live (money, career...) are controlled by Zoe so he needs to be in control of something, specially because he resents Zoe for being more successful than him (toxic masculinity that most men have). And he won’t have a baby till his friends do as he is a follower.
Maybe I’m the only one that thinks this but to me he is in love with her, in fact they seem more in love than ever before if you ask me but there are definitely some aspects in the relationship that they need to work on as any couple. No couple is perfect...

Reactions: 14
I think Zoe likes the idea of marriage, but not with Alfie. She wants a traditional marriage and babies relationship to make up for her turbulent childhood, she won't get that with Alfie but thinks it's too late to find someone else.

Alfie definitely wants to be in control of the situation though, if Zoe proposed he'd say no for sure.

Reactions: 17
Also he knows the majority of comments on videos and photos are asking when is he proposing and when are they having kids. So he would lose a lot of them if he did

Reactions: 10
I think it’s more of a being in control kind of thing as all aspects of his live (money, career...) are controlled by Zoe so he needs to be in control of something, specially because he resents Zoe for being more successful than him (toxic masculinity that most men have). And he won’t have a baby till his friends do as he is a follower.
Maybe I’m the only one that thinks this but to me he is in love with her, in fact they seem more in love than ever before if you ask me but there are definitely some aspects in the relationship that they need to work on as any couple. No couple is perfect...
Sorry I don’t for a moment think he loves her..he loves the money and benefits that come with being with her.

Reactions: 35
What makes me laugh is how clearly uncomfortable Alfie is with the mentions of marriage but he still spurs them on? He's never once pleaded for people to stop, he laughs it off and 2 minutes later is joking about it. I think he likes torturing Zoe (definitely not in a kinky way) and knowing she has to wait for him to decide to pop the question because she seems to control every other aspect of his sad little life

Reactions: 37
For all I know, he could be madly in love with her, but to me, he's seemed pretty disinterested for a while. He does sometimes turn on the physical affection; maybe it's just for the cameras, maybe not. I will say he's slightly more attentive to her now than he was a few years back; I remember watching one or two videos where he played on his phone constantly and was so engrossed in what he was doing that he didn't even answer her when she was talking to him, asking him questions etc. He acted as if she wasn't there. It was a few years ago and I was sure they would split then, but they didn't. His behaviour is slightly better now - as in, at least he answers her when she asks him a question.

I mean lately he has been saying “our kids” instead of “my kids” a small step for the man but a big step for Alfie😂
And we have heard him say about a 100 how Nala being ill is training them for when they have kids ( as if... hahaha)

• Haha
Also he knows the majority of comments on videos and photos are asking when is he proposing and when are they having kids. So he would lose a lot of them if he did
Imagine basing your major life decisions on the amount of comments you'll get on YouTube videos. (I think he's totally capable of doing this, by the way!) 😄

Reactions: 16
Sorry I don’t for a moment think he loves her..he loves the money and benefits that come with being with her.
I actually think he believes he loves her, but he doesn’t really. He’s such a kid.

He’s never grown up, and he’s never had to. She’s his first proper relationship. He’s immature anyway, but it’s been exacerbated because he’s never had to deal with any of the hardship that comes with growing up - having to work hard to build a career, working crappy low paid jobs, having to budget and make difficult choices. It’s all come easy to him (and to her) and it’s allowed both of them to cruise through life in a cosseted bubble.

I think he believes he loves her because he doesn’t know any different, and he doesn’t want to confront the uncomfortable change in his life if he breaks up with her.

But deep down he knows she’s not really the one for him and that’s why he’s holding off committing to marriage and kids. I don’t think he’s really admitted that to himself though, I think he’s still kidding himself that he’s going to get there if he just plays along for long enough.

Reactions: 48
I reckon the moment she’s pregnant that will be the last we ever see or hear of her.

Reactions: 29
I reckon the moment she’s pregnant that will be the last we ever see or hear of her.
Nah I reckon she wants a situation like the Fletchers have where the kids bring in an extra something to her platform, I can imagine her trying to tap into being one of these Instagram mums with “relatable content” about poonamis and how being a full time mother is hard but the most important job she’ll ever do but at the same time talk tit about her kid while it’s sitting right there! She’ll crack into the mums of Instagram world and end up with a whole new audience

Reactions: 25
I think it might make her vlog more, because she'll say it's memories for her kids to look back on. Like how she's always looking back at her and Joe's old videos.

Reactions: 13
I think that if she’d broken up with Alfie 2-3 years ago she’d be at least engaged to someone else right now.
Or maybe she wouldn’t have left her house to meet someone new. Either one.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I actually think he believes he loves her, but he doesn’t really. He’s such a kid.

He’s never grown up, and he’s never had to. She’s his first proper relationship. He’s immature anyway, but it’s been exacerbated because he’s never had to deal with any of the hardship that comes with growing up - having to work hard to build a career, working crappy low paid jobs, having to budget and make difficult choices. It’s all come easy to him (and to her) and it’s allowed both of them to cruise through life in a cosseted bubble.

I think he believes he loves her because he doesn’t know any different, and he doesn’t want to confront the uncomfortable change in his life if he breaks up with her.

But deep down he knows she’s not really the one for him and that’s why he’s holding off committing to marriage and kids. I don’t think he’s really admitted that to himself though, I think he’s still kidding himself that he’s going to get there if he just plays along for long enough.
Exactly.

I think he loves her in the way you would love someone you’ve spent years with— he loves and cares for her like family. She might annoy him but there is nothing bad enough that would make those feelings just go away or make him feel definitively that he has to leave.

But... this might so cheesy but I don’t know how else to say it... I feel like neither of them really know how much better it could be with that real, adult love. The kind of relationship that comes after a relationship like theirs. To me they are like a quintessential high school couple, even though they met in their early 20s. As in, of course they “love” each other and are super wrapped up in each others’ lives, families, and identities... but there is better love out there to be discovered, it’s just that neither of them really know it and anytime they start to question if they should split, things are just good enough between them that they can talk themselves out of it. To them, and especially Alfie, this must be love because what else could love possibly be because this has been your concept of love for years and all your memories are there, etc. They talk themselves out of anything else because it just becomes too odd to think of actually splitting up.

I think Zoe in general has a bit more ‘passion’ for Alfie lol and she still feels a spark with him, but I also think she loves the idea of him.

Reactions: 45
I still think they both loves themselves more than each other! They always seem in competition with each other and the snide comments of paying for nala and her obviously paying for more than he does it just doesn’t sit right, I think he does purposely play the asshole on her vlogs but again I don’t get why you’d want to come across like that?!

Reactions: 25
Nah I reckon she wants a situation like the Fletchers have where the kids bring in an extra something to her platform, I can imagine her trying to tap into being one of these Instagram mums with “relatable content” about poonamis and how being a full time mother is hard but the most important job she’ll ever do but at the same time talk tit about her kid while it’s sitting right there! She’ll crack into the mums of Instagram world and end up with a whole new audience
I think this too. Let’s face it, she’s a lazy content creator. Most of her videos are just ‘chats’ and ‘look what I bought / got sent!’. Having a kid would give her way more content and, most importantly, an excuse as to why she’s ill, tired, not wearing makeup etc.

Reactions: 12
I didn’t realise that Zoe was Alfie’s first girlfriend, do we also think that he lost his virginity to her?
If so, I’d be even less surprised if he does have a bit of a midlife crisis and break up with her because he wants to shag around a bit. I have a fair few male friends who have done that.

(I’m not suggesting that no relationship can last if you were each other’s first, don’t come at me).

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.