Zoe Sugg #26 Covid guidelines ignoring, Vlogmas boring, Nala’s arse outpouring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing with Zalfie is they have the money, the time and the set up that to get married would be fairly straight forward. They wouldn’t have to save up for years, they’ve been together a long time so know each other really well so know if they are suited long term, and they also have contacts to organise any kind of wedding they want. They seem fairly set up in what they are doing in life and are financially stable. They have a house. They are also of the marrying/having kids age. Lots of people delay wedding because they need to save up, move in together first or establish a career before moving onto wedding/babies. None of which applies to Zalfie.
All of this makes me think the only reason they aren’t doing it is because they don’t want to - and if that’s the case how long does this relationship really have left?!

Reactions: 47
I just watched Alfie’s vlog and it shows what a farce it is - going from their vast indoor space (that they’re not allowed in) to the tiny, cramped, heated, Petri dish of a gazebo that they are *technically* allowed in (but should have been spaced or with masks on). The rules are a farce.

They need to take a leaf out of the royal book: don’t complain, don’t explain.
Govt website says gazebo without sides is all that's allowed, but then last vlog she also went to a cafe to eat pizza with Mark and then sat in the car 40cms from each other, mixing households inside. Neither allowed!! Idiots like her extending the trauma for us all.

• Angry
Reactions: 33
Slightly off topic but Zac and Lottie got engaged I saw 😜 I notice they have been absent a lately! Always used to be them ans Steve and Alexia. I womder if Lotties still works for Alf

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I feel sorry for Zoe (kind of lol) she so obviously wants him to propose and she’s not used to not getting her way, she throws money at whatever she wants but unfortunately you can’t buy love or a proposal we think she has it all but in my eyes all she has is money. Sad.

Reactions: 14
It’s really quite sad watching Zoe excitedly talk about all the Christmas traditions her parents did for her and Joe. I wish she would realise that no amount of money, chocolate oranges or Cadbury advent calendars are going to bring back those feelings. She’ll only get that through passing them down to her own kids and watching them get excited about them themselves. She really needs to start making some personal decisions this year otherwise she’s always going to be miserable.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I wonder if she has actually confronted him. If I was her I would say to Alfie ‘right what is going on here? I need to know there is a proposal coming in the near future. We have the means, we’ve been together along time and I want to be a wife and mother’ is she afraid to hear the answer?

Reactions: 54
Does Zoe seriously disappear like this every year? Not even a “merry Christmas” to her followers or anything? Just disappears completely. What a crappy influencer

Reactions: 59
Does Zoe seriously disappear like this every year? Not even a “merry Christmas” to her followers or anything? Just disappears completely. What a crappy influencer
Pretty much! There is usually a post on Christmas Day to say Happy Christmas but that’s it!

In terms of her traditions, I do sympathise in part. My mother died when I was young and so my dad and siblings and I continued the traditions we had a lot longer than people probably would (ie: as they get older) cos Christmas was my mums favourite time of year. Then as we got older and my dad re-married & had kids new traditions started to be bought in from my stepmum family and it was also lovely having kids in the house and their excitement & the new combined traditions trumped the old traditions in a way.
I still follow some of our old traditions and my partner is more than happy with that whilst we also observe some of his family traditions and creating our own new traditions.
Now we basically have a crazy mash up of traditions and it’s brilliant! we can’t wait to pass them down to our kids in the future & if our kids have kids we’d expect them to adapt it as they grew too!
It’s about mixing things up and finding *your* new traditions. Celebrating old traditions doesn’t bring back the past, but also letting go of certain ones doesn’t mean you forget or they aren’t important.
Zoe needs to learn that. I know they’ve got new Deyes traditions but she’s so obsessed with them it seems she’ll never change of alter them - does she realise if/when Sloppy or they have kids Christmas Eve will be different?? A young baby will not sit quietly while you sleep over and open stockings. Chances are said family will want a quiet Christmas morning by themselves before seeing others.
& the maccies breakfast thing with a film is cute! Observe it if you want but Alfie doesn’t seem arsed which makes it sad & a desperate cling to her past. She’s not happy now. She can’t be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
I wonder if she has actually confronted him. If I was her I would say to Alfie ‘right what is going on here? I need to know there is a proposal coming in the near future. We have the means, we’ve been together along time and I want to be a wife and mother’ is she afraid to hear the answer?
She is probably too scared to confront him. If she gave him an ultimatum I feel like he would leave her. He doesn’t seem anywhere near wanting to get married or have kids, from what I can tell from their videos anyway.

Reactions: 22
Not being funny but I don’t know a single couple now who haven’t either broken up, got engaged, or got pregnant in 2020. It either brought people together or drove them apart, especially lockdown. The fact that these two have done neither is telling of how bleeping stagnant they are
I’m all for criticising them when they need it but this is a generalisation on all couples. Some haven’t changed because they’ve faced financial adversity etc. (This has been me and my other half this year!)
Granted Z and A don’t have this as a barrier!

It’s really quite sad watching Zoe excitedly talk about all the Christmas traditions her parents did for her and Joe. I wish she would realise that no amount of money, chocolate oranges or Cadbury advent calendars are going to bring back those feelings. She’ll only get that through passing them down to her own kids and watching them get excited about them themselves. She really needs to start making some personal decisions this year otherwise she’s always going to be miserable.
I feel like for Zoe, she can’t accept that the “Xmas feeling” passes as you age. You’ll never feel that feeling you had when you were a kid but here she is at 30, still chasing the tinsel dragon like an addicted Christmas Cracker head! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
All of this makes me think the only reason they aren’t doing it is because they don’t want to - and if that’s the case how long does this relationship really have left?!
It's not because they don't want to - it's because Alfie doesn't want to. Zoe has always wanted marriage and babies. She's wanted kids for years. I don't understand why she's sticking with him if this is what she wants. Of course, she could have changed her mind about marriage and babies, that's possible too - but I don't think she's said that's the case. If she has, I've missed it. I hope she doesn't stick with him until it's too late for her to have kids (if that's what she wants!). I can see see him leaving her in a few years time and hooking up with a younger woman - he'll then get married and have kids pretty quickly. Because he's ready. This kind of thing happens a lot.

Reactions: 29
I’ve always wondered what they’re waiting for before marriage and babies.

Zoe has no desire to travel, she’s quite a homey person (no issue with that at all).
And Alfie says he wants to travel but never really does despite having plenty of time and money to do it so clearly it’s not that big a passion.

I’m reallystarting to think Alfie just doesn’t care about achieving those things anytime soon. But Zoe has wanted them for years

Reactions: 26
It's not because they don't want to - it's because Alfie doesn't want to. Zoe has always wanted marriage and babies. She's wanted kids for years. I don't understand why she's sticking with him if this is what she wants. Of course, she could have changed her mind about marriage and babies, that's possible too - but I don't think she's said that's the case. If she has, I've missed it. I hope she doesn't stick with him until it's too late for her to have kids (if that's what she wants!). I can see see him leaving her in a few years time and hooking up with a younger woman - he'll then get married and have kids pretty quickly. Because he's ready. This kind of thing happens a lot.
yeah it’s not that he isn’t ready, it’s that he doesn’t want to with her. Why is it everyone else can see it, even strangers on the internet but not her. She needs to have a calm and frank conversation. I did wonder if she had last year confronted him and they’d agreed in 2020 they’d go travelling and then take their next step (either marriage or babies) but with COVID travelling is delayed so now they are in a stale mate. It’s super unfair to assume that all couples want marriage abs children but they have both clearly stated this is what they want, Zoe talks about it being with Alfie, Alfie talks about it just himself not specifically with Zoe which is telling

I’m all for criticising them when they need it but this is a generalisation on all couples. Some haven’t changed because they’ve faced financial adversity etc. (This has been me and my other half this year!)
Granted Z and A don’t have this as a barrier!

I feel like for Zoe, she can’t accept that the “Xmas feeling” passes as you age. You’ll never feel that feeling you had when you were a kid but here she is at 30, still chasing the tinsel dragon like an addicted Christmas Cracker head! 😂
That’s a very wise statement

Reactions: 3
I personally think that Poppy and Alfie could be very much in a toxic relationship with their parents. You know that way where you need to be/do things a certain way to keep parents happy? A couple of things make me think this but I’m sure there are more examples...

The fact they always spend Christmas with them and never alternate it with their partner’s family is quite telling because what’s the chances that both Sean and Zoe don’t want to see their family. I think Amanda and Nick put a lot of pressure on them all to spend it with them. Fair enough Sean and Zoe might just not be fussed, but at the same time it is rather odd and it makes me wonder wether Amanda and Nick sort of make them feel bad if they were to ever go off somewhere else.

The other reason I think Amanda and Nick have an unhealthy influence on them is the fact that neither one of their adult children who are in long term relationships and in their 30s late 20s are no where near getting married or having families of their own (again this might be because they just don’t want which is fine, but we have seen before that Zoe does want this). The reasoning behind me thinking this is the fact Amanda and nick didnt getting married until recently and possibly they are putting the fear of god or doubts into both Poppy and Alfie about marriage/kids. Which of course parents just want the best for their kids but at some point Zoe and Sean are going to need to realise that there might be 4 in the relationship...

Who knows this is just all spectulation but I think if this is the case Alfie needs to let go of what his parents want/think and time to really focus on him and Zoe. He is such a man child though so I doubt he would ever want to disagree with his parents ideas for him.

• Heart
It is clear that Zoe would love to get engaged and quite sad that this hasn't already happened years ago when they were probably more in love. Apart from all her flaws... I genuinely wish she would be more firm with Alfie, despite the fear of loosing her life in Brighton and his family.
I know way too many couples who dated for a long time (5-10 years) and they broke up and married others within a year or two. This used to be very weird to me, but I have realized that for many of them the relationship was dead for years.
I agree with the person who suggested an ultimatum, even though that's not the most romantic way...it would be very telling if Alfie still wouldnt be able to make up his mind.

Reactions: 24
Alfie doesn’t have ideas of his own, his relationship with Zoe seems like a copy of his parents. Don’t know if you knew this but there is more or less the same age difference between his parents (Amanda being older like Zoe). When Amanda had Poppy she was 32 and Nick 27/28 (Poppy said it in a vlog) and they got married quite late. So Zoe will have to wait till she’s 32...

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.